+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Saturday Night Live

Re: Saturday Night Live

I hear tell that the Governor of Hawaii has his tighty whities in a bunch because of the Hawaiin skit performed by Dwayne Johnston and Fred Armisen this past Saturday. I can't be the only one who found it funny, can I? "Our biggest import is fat white tourists". I AM a fat white tourist and I laughed.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Darn it! My DVR cut off 30 minutes into the show! I want to see what all the uproar is about.
    Plus, I love me some Rock
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

FORT Fanatic

i'm from hawaii and i thought it was frickin hilarious. just go to hulu site and search snl hawaiian hotel.

its actually the Lt. Governor and the Hawaii Tourism Authority who are pissin' mad...i guess they're just too sensitive right now since our economy is highly dependent on tourism...and don't want anyone getting offended by it or thinking its true of something. i guess they don't want people to know that hawaii is number 1 or on the top of the list of meth use. nearly choked with laughter on that line about passing a meth lab, van with weeds and 15yo girl impregnated by out of town business man or something like that.

hilarious.

oh, and i would "accidently" spill something on someone (not purposely like what rock did) if i hear the "i got lei'd" joke...no longer funny.
    not my frickin fault. fine, my fault, i always get blamed anyways.

I thought the Hawaii skit was pretty funny...but I was rolling at "The Rock" Obama! He actually did a pretty good job as Obama, I was impressed...or maybe it was just the whole Rock in a torn shirt that impressed me Yum!
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

i went and watched the video ... the rock doing the hula dance was pretty amusing.

for the most part, i've been very disappointed with SNL lately ... all their good writers seem to have left. even weekend update sucks.

I agree with barfoot. Since the end of all the Tina Fey and political skits, I've found SNL to be unfunny.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

I had to bump this because my all-time favorite skit from 1998 was highlighted on Saturday-The I'm Riding My Donkey Political Talk Show skit. They showed rehearsals from past shows and FINALLY showed this one. It's absolutely hilarious and has never made a repeat performance. My kids all called to let me know they'd seen it, too! The actuall show was not the best, in my humble opinion!

I am SO looking forward to seeing Betty White host SNL this weekend!! Since it is a Mother's Day episode, I read that they will also be bringing back other former female cast members who are now moms: Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Molly Shannon, Maya Rudolph, Ana Gasteyer and Rachel Dratch. Yay!

I recorded SNL last night and I'm watching it now, man its hilarious. I love Betty White.

I loved the Betty White muffin sketch almost as much as I like Schweaty Balls.

+ Reply to Thread