+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 47 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
Like Tree109Likes

Thread: Saturday Night Live

Re: Saturday Night Live

SNL has been a show that I've watched forever, it seems. There have been some great years, some not so bad years, and some really sucky years. BUT, last Sat's show w/NPH was one of the best-everyone had good timing, good jokes, good "gotcha's". I loved the digital short, I loved Will Forte's song this week (chock full of innuendo and outright verbage), I loved the "why won't you kiss me?" and watched it slide by. I really laughed this week. I think the last time I laughed so hard was Dane Cook hosting and during the monologue he was talking about flipping stuff off his "flipper".

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;3275002;
    You could definitely tell Taylor wasn't lip synching . Her voice was low and weak and it's obvious her album has digital help. I do like her songs though.
    I'm glad someone else actually saw her performance and thought it was lacking!

After all of these good reviews of the whole show I'm definitely going to have to go watch the rest of it when I have some free time this week!

FORT Fogey

I di\dn't get to see much of the show--but the Today Show skit was fabulous! Explained to me just while I always grab my remote when I see those two coming on.

As for NPH--I've seen himj on many different shows of many different kinds and he's never disappointed. He always seems to give his all--and that is really a lot.

He's a huge talent.

I hope he's around for a long time

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

Worst Host, Worst Musical Guest, Worst skit ever (Gilly). Last week was awesome, this week is unbearable.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

Oh geesh. Husband and I are about to watch it. Glad to have the heads up.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba-Jo-Lyn;3281553;
    Worst Host, Worst Musical Guest, Worst skit ever (Gilly). Last week was awesome, this week is unbearable.
    Yep. I fast-forwarded through Gilly. And I had to wrack my brain to remember who the host was (Rosario Dawson). I thought the band was okay, though (Fleet Foxes). I will continue to tape and watch on Sunday mornings, however, because every once in a while a gem like last week's episode pops up and makes the entire thing worthwhile.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

The band was good IMO. And the host did a good job... but the sketches were just bottom of the barrel terrible!!
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

The sketches were pretty bad, but even in the Gilly one (was that the little kid?) Kristin Wiig absolutely cracks me up. I don't know why, but she's just so funny. Does anyone remember her in the original Joe Schmo?

And I found out I love Fleet Foxes!
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

I also found out I loved Fleet Foxes-I guess I don't get out much, but I'd never heard of them before!

The sketches were lacking this past week. I do normally like RD, but wondered a bit about her comedic talent.

Kristian Wiig is my new heroine! She does the oddball characters the best!

I hated the Gilly skit, but one thing I did love, and I liked this the last time they did it too, was the View Skit. lol

+ Reply to Thread