+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Saturday Night Live

Any older SNL fans here? I'm trying to find out the air-date of the first show I saw(original cast), and all I can remember about it is giant lobsters attacking the studio audience!
    So much to pillage, so little time...

Just GOOGLE it Morghianna....

I wanna say September 1975? Just a guess though.

FORT Regular
    [QUOTE=FireStorm]That's too bad he's leaving..he was the only cute guy on SNL. Now there's none.

I think that guy Will Forte is strangely attractive. What do I know, I usually go for the nerdy types..

I'm not 100% sure which one Will Forte is....is he real thin with brown hair?
    What characters does he do?

What does SNL usually air during the summer?

I know this week is the best of Christopher Walken...is that what to expect all summer? "The Best of ...."
    ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Morghianna
    Any older SNL fans here? I'm trying to find out the air-date of the first show I saw(original cast), and all I can remember about it is giant lobsters attacking the studio audience!
    The first episode aired on Oct 11, 1975. It was was hosted by George Carlin.

There were two musical guests each show during the first season and this episode it was - Billy Preston and Janis Ian - who did two songs each.

Andy Kauffman made his first TV appearance - people had no idea what to make of him.

Billy Crystal was supposed to be an original 'Not Ready For Prime Time Player' but walked off the set moments before air-time when Lorne Michaels cut a monologue he was supposed to do from the show.

Richard Belzer (a close friend of John Belushi) was used as an background extra in several scenes.
    Last edited by Daddio; 05-21-2004 at 10:27 AM.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by FireStorm
    I'm not 100% sure which one Will Forte is....is he real thin with brown hair?
    What characters does he do?
    He's got brown hair and kind of a strange forehead. He's done a character who's a raspy-voiced senator.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Oh, that's not the guy i'm thinking of then.
    I'll have to find out his name..he's real thin, brown hair, eh I'll have to look it up.

FORT Newbie

2003-2004 Awards

OMG - I can't believe you mentioned the 'Jesus Horses' line. Not only was that the best of the Update AND of the year, but it's up there in the top ones of all time. I still laugh my ass off when I think of it...even months and months later.

+ Reply to Thread