+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Saturday Night Live

Quote Originally Posted by PSi
    ..... SNTRL season-
    Wow, it took me waaaay too long to get that
    ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

PSi
    Quote Originally Posted by Wenders
    Wow, it took me waaaay too long to get that
    It's ok Wenders, at least you got it.
    we still love you anyways.

PSi

Episode XIX: Snoop

Episode XIX: Snoop Dogg and Avril Lavigne

<B> Opening Words </B>
    Iím looking forward to this episode. I think it could be good. I know what happens when you have high hopes going into the show. Disappointment, here I come. Easy set-up for a let down I know, but watching this disappointment of a season leaves you nothing but disappointed.

<B> Cold Opening </B> Rumsfeld leaves

Rumsfeld is leaving, Bush is sad to see him go. Itís a friends parallel from what I gather? And the music gives it away. They parallel the call from the plane and the reunion at the endÖ.and then they kissÖ.and make out. Whaaaa? And Hammond pauses to get composure? Hammond gets the live and will nibbles on his ear.
    Iíll be honest. I donít like friends, but I did see the end. Ok, so whatís so good about this? This is no different than a cover bandÖ.like Jessica Simpson and take my breath away. Stick with the original

Actors: Hammond, Forte, Maya, Amy
    Best Line: Hammond: Iíll make sure youíll know nothing from now on.
    Length: 4.50
    Rating: 5

<B> Monologue </B>

Snoop comes out with an Egyptian theme, and says how great it is. Don Pardo gets to say For Shizzle, then snoop says for white people to not use the word nizzle. Well, you canít blame him for that.

Actors: Tina, Amy, Maya, Rachael
    Best Line: Snoop: You white people used to be crazy for that pig latin stuff.
    Length: 2.00
    Rating:

<B> Mom Jeans commercial</b>

old, but I guess they can recycle it for this episode.

Actors: Maya, Tina, Rachael, Amy, Parnell
    Best Line:
    Length:.55
    Rating: D

<B>Show Biz Grande Explosion </b>

oh god no. not this again. Each joke is more painful then the last.
    Snoop comes out as himself to promote Soul Plane. Snoop disses ferecito, who proceeds to tell him to do something retarded like he does. I think itís getting to the point where everytime this is on, I feel as if it should be a worst show of the year nominee.
    Iíll give a point for a pie in the face and a point for Horatio. However, this is two points more than its worth.

Actors: Horatio, Armison
    Best Line: Snoop: Ok, well CD nuts.
    Length:5.52

<B> Battle Rap </B>

Snoop comes in as MC Glide, on a wheelchair to do some battle rap. Snoop raps about how heís in a wheelchair.
    Then in comes myers as ivory, which is funny watching him trying to rap.
    Then comes in kenan, as sunshine, who is a deaf orphan in a wheelchair.
    Then snoop decides to do a song as himselfÖstrange ending. That was the old rap street music. This was funny until the end? Why? It made no sense.

You see, this is what happens when the writers forget to write an ending.

Actors: Maya, Finesse, Myers, Kenan
    Best Line: Snoop: I gotta use a special toilet
    Length:6.23
    Rating: 6

<B>Schenwald pictures </B>

They brought this back? Snoop, as MC Night Terror, wants to sell Booty Hotel. The son passes, but the grandfather loves it. Seth is trying not to laugh at Rachael eating her potato salad. I didnít like this when it was it was at 12.55, and I didnít like it now. First Ferecito, and now this. Pain.

Actors: Myers, Dratch
    Best Line: Snoop: I like you weird old dude. You like that old muppet that be hanging in the balcony who criticize folks.
    Length:5.45
    Rating: 4

<B> ABC programming</b>
    new makeover shows, because ABC has nothing else really. Itís trueÖ.i guess weíll see this again with NBC, because theyíll have nothing.

Actors: Parnell, Amy, Myers, Maya, Forte, Tina, Dratch, Armison, Horatio, Hammond,
    Best Line: --
    Length: 2.20

<B> snoop party </B>

snoop donít want no ho cuz friends be over yo. He wants to share moment
    then they all go out and dance around in the fountain with umbrellas. This was nothing special, but it reminded me of the waiting to exhale sketch. I donít care what anybody else says, I liked it.

He called her Monico.

Actors: Finesse, Kenan
    Best Line: Snoop: Did anybody think snoop ainít ready for Friends to end?
    Length:4.45
    Rating: 7

<B> Performance 1 </B> Avril

Sheís so punkÖ.

<b> WU </B>

Tina makes a joke, two people clap, she looked a little disappointed. And that was just a rev up. She goes off on more anti-bushisms. They introduce the dirtbag of the week.
    Another Friends joke. Wow, she is in rare form. Talking in between jokes. Laughing at Jimmyís and her own jokes.
    Enter Hammond on as Clinton. There really is no reason to put him on. Its getting to the point where I sort of go into a daze when heís talking.
    Jimmy breaks out the guitar for motherís day. Ha. Actually funny. Tina says sheís sick of it and puts a montage of Jimmyís parodies over the years going back to 1958. Ok, that was actually amusing, but shouldíve stopped at 1980. Jimmy then parodies Usher- Yeah. uh..no. One more horrible WU then the seasonís over.

Actors: Fallon, Fey, Dratch, Hammond
    Best Line: Fallon: Trees do die.
    Length:11.00
    Rating: 4

<B> Appalachian emergency room </b>

No no no no no no Iím not going to get into this. First Ferecito, then sheinwald, now this. This is just painful. I find nothing good with this sketch. Iím sorry, Rednecks are not funny anymore.

Actors: Myers, Hammond, Amy, Parnell, Kenan, Maya, Forte
    Best Line:
    Length:
    Rating: 2

<B> TV Funhouse </B> Pothead Theatre
    pothead picks what he wants to see, cartoon clip of it, pothead laughs.
    The potheads arenít convincing, the crowd isnít even laughing.
    Worst TV funhouse EVER

Actors: --
    Length:2.15
    Rating: F

<B> Perfomance 2</b> Avril

moving onÖ

<B> Dusters Digest </B>

For those who used to read high timesÖ.but are now on PCP
    Snoops on as Rick James and sings. Not as good as Chappelle, but this was still good. My tape messed up for part of it, but this was good.

Actors: Parnell, Amy, Forte, Maya, Myers
    Best Line: Which foot should I eat?
    Length:2.30
    Rating: 6

<B> Motherís Day message from Snoop Dogg </b>

a nice little message at the end. Wasnít funny, but it doesnít have to be.

Actors: --
    Length:1.10
    Rating: B

<b> overall rating: 51/100 (5.1) </B>
    Felt like: 4.5

This is just bad writing. Appalachian emergency room and Ferecito and Sheinwald studios? Why? Snoop wasnít bad. but what can you do when the writers give up? Even Funhouse was worst ever, not just this year.

Thereís no cure for Bad writing, period. We saw it wasted on Halle Berry, and we see it wasted again. One more then this disappointment is over.

Best Actor: no one.
    Worst Actor: no one.
    This is squarely on the writers. Itís bad material.
    Best Line: Snoop: I gotta use a special toilet

Yeah. I didn't really laugh at anything last night, except Rachel as the old guy at the movie studio.

And I have seen that Mom Jeans commercial so many times I want to scream!!!!

PSi
    mom jeans was only on once this season, and a couple last year.
    then there's huggies thongs....which is on like every other week.

I felt that Show Biz Grande Explosion was very funny.

This was the first time I saw 'Mom Jeans' and I was laughing out loud.

FORT Fogey
    This was a disappointing episode because as PSi pointed out - it had tremendous (wasted) potential.

Snoop seemed to really have some fun with a couple of skits, but overall, he seemed to be going through the motions. It was painfully obvious that he didnt even make the slightests attempt to learn much of the dialog of the script. The producers at SNL must have been aware of this during rehearsals, as you can tell that whenever he spoke during any skit, they automatically put a camera close up on his face as he squinted to read the cue cards. So in every skit he was staring at the camera. Every so often he would glance side-ways at whatever charecter he was supposedly talking to and this really made it obvious. I realize that many skits are cut and/or edited and that there are numerous changes to the script during the week - but this was one of the worst cue card reading hosts i can recall.

I didnt like Snoops line in his monoloug "I dont want white people to say shazizle any more" or whatever it was. I hate that double-standard that a black entertainer can say something like that and its considered daring or funny, but if a white comedien or actor were to go on and say " I dont want black people to ever..." he would be publicly crucified.
    As PSi also very astutely pointed out, the writing was bad once again. Tina Fey is indeed a legend in her own mind. So Snoop didnt have much to work with and some of his funniest lines appeared to be made-up and spontanious like the "...and i aint peein in no damn cup neither" line he used during Apelachian ER.

I am so tired of the cast members laughing, trying not to laugh, breaking up etc. during skits as if they feel the skits are so much funnier than we do and to prove the show is "live". It happens every single week.

Either that or they are just seeing the final script for the first time too and they can't believe that what they are reading is what made the cut at final edit and are laughing in amazement.

Maybe its not all Tina Fey either. The list of writers is amazingly long. So maybe its hard to peice all of their various ideas into coherent skits - everyone wants to put their personal mark on everything. Ever try and get a group of 15 friends to agree planning on anything? Even ordering lunch? Maybe a trimmed down writing staff would be a thought.
    Last edited by Daddio; 05-10-2004 at 10:30 AM.

FORT Fogey
    one of the few lines that was VERY funny was during Weekend Update when they showed the picture of Ross and Rachel and said that they were wanted for child abandonment as sitcom parents, especially young, cool, New Yorkers, tend to only bring the babies out of the closet for the cutie scenes and otherwise they are MIA while the parents sit around and chat and drink coffee with their "Friends"

But how ironic is it that one of the best lines of the night was the SNL writers being critical of the writing of another show...?

So, are Mary Kate and Ashley THIS Saturday? cause that would be 3 new shows in a row! I don't remember the last time there were 3 new ones in a row!

Although, I'd almost rather the writers take 2 weeks, so maybe they can come up with something funny, and Jimmy and Horatio can rehearse enough so that they won't laugh at everything. :rolleyes

Quote Originally Posted by Wenders
    So, are Mary Kate and Ashley THIS Saturday? cause that would be 3 new shows in a row! I don't remember the last time there were 3 new ones in a row!

Although, I'd almost rather the writers take 2 weeks, so maybe they can come up with something funny, and Jimmy and Horatio can rehearse enough so that they won't laugh at everything. :rolleyes
    haha this reminds me of the Carrol Burnnet show.

I missed the lindsey Lohan one. i don't even remember how to spell her name
    my fav. is still the MEgan MEllally episode. The one where she plays "Slammers"

I hope MAry- KAte or Ashley have to be in each skit together

+ Reply to Thread