+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 46 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Saturday Night Live

~FO SCHIZZLE ALL THE WAY~ SwiffyPortillo's Avatar
    I actually thought last night's episode was the best all season. Debbie Downer was hilarious. But it wasn't because of the writing of the sketch. I only liked it because all of them were laughing. Especially when they zoomed up on Rachel and she just burst out laughing.
    "Greg talks into a coconut and thinks it's a phone,"- Colleen Haskell, 'SURVIVOR: BORNEO'.

PSi
    Exactly. This is how breaking character during a sketch works, not just jimmy and horatio looking at each other....

caught by the window MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    In a van down by the river!!!... watching the Canucks on my 3" TV
    I though Lindsay being so cue-card heavy ruined it a lot for me..

like during the potter skit, when she was supposed to be reading the spell out of the book or whatever, she wasn't even looking at the book, but at the cuecards..

they at least could have written her lines ON the book to make it look better

very weak, IMO

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets
    I though Lindsay being so cue-card heavy ruined it a lot for me..

like during the potter skit, when she was supposed to be reading the spell out of the book or whatever, she wasn't even looking at the book, but at the cuecards..

they at least could have written her lines ON the book to make it look better

very weak, IMO
    I agree MOP. Though when she was doing that skit I wasn't sure if she was reading cue cards or trying to get the right camera angle with the magnifing glass over her chest

PSi
    she was looking at the monitor to make sure the glass was at the right angle. However, for the better part of the night, she was cue card heavy. What a serious actress, yeah....

~FO SCHIZZLE ALL THE WAY~ SwiffyPortillo's Avatar
    I didn't really notice that. I just try to enjoy the show and not comment on how bad the hosts are.
    "Greg talks into a coconut and thinks it's a phone,"- Colleen Haskell, 'SURVIVOR: BORNEO'.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PSi
    <B> Sleepover </b>

Amy’s voice sounds like that stupid girl on MadTV (I ate my eyeball), or for you Amy fans, the girlscout from the unibomber episode from her UCB days.

I thought she sounded exactly like when she was "Andy Richter's Little Sister" on Conan O'Brien.

So, 4 characters, one voice/performance...it's time to re-cast, Lorne!

FORT Fogey
    I have noticed lots of extra laughing and breaking-up during skits this season - particularly by Horatio and Jimmy.

Sometimes the skits are very funny and I can see them having a hard time keeping a straight face and Jimmy and Horation work very, very well together - Rachel too.

But other times the skits are tanking and its as if they are trying to point out to us just how funny the skits are. "See?, we are laughing - you should be too".

Also it seems as though sometimes they are elbowing us in the ribs and saying "see how we just messed-up that skit by laughing - cause its a "live show" dont forget, its a "live show".

bring back the bees or the anal retentive guy or the samarai warriors-those were the days!

I liked the Debbie Downer skit, but overall the show was boring again.

I did, however, actually like the musical performances for once. It's nice to see someone dancing who actually SINGS live at the same time, rather than lip synch. So it was worth watching for musical guest and I guess that one Downer skit but that's it.

SNL really needs to pick it up, man. Now we have Mary-Kate and Ashley coming up? Please.

+ Reply to Thread