+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Saturday Night Live

not that she's a great comedienne .. they just wanted to see if she was going to own up to her 'wardrobe malfunction' ... and you know, just in case it happened again, they wanted to bear (bare? my thesaurus isnt handy and I'm not looking for it) witness
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

PSi
    don't forget a few possibilities
    1. a lot of people who don't normally watch SNL watched the Trump episode (Ratings were up for that), then they were interested with Janet
    2. some people were looking for some malfunction or something
    3. Simon Cowell was on, thus brining in some AI crowd that wouldn't watch it.

id think mostly 3.

I wonder if people were expecting Simon to be on for more than 3 minutes? Oops!
    ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

PSi
    i think it was the fact that he would be on made people tune in......some people like him i guess

Hi PSi, I enjoy your recaps.
    I'm fairly new to FoRT, so I'm curious: why don't you like Tina Fey? (because I actually don't know, not trying to "pick a fight" or anything! Thanks!)

PSi
    Hahaha, don't get me started

1. She's not as funny as she thinks she is. In WU, she laughs at her own jokes, talks after her jokes...which totally detracts from it.
    2. She should end every joke with "i hate Bush." Last year, it was funny. This year, it was like "wow, she sure has a grudge" now it's like "get over it"
    3. She became the head writer, in what? 2001 or 2002? And since then, an overwhleming majority has said that the show is going downhill and isn't as good as it was a few years ago. . . and half of that falls on bad writing. She's the head writer, therefore i assume approves all the sketches that get written (before lorne has his say), so you think there would be better writing.

Thanks for reading. I appreciate it

I do have to say...on the Trump episode, during WU, Jimmy did the story about "alcohol increases sexual harassment" and Tina had a drink, and was hitting on Jimmy.

It wasn't funny at all. She seemed to think it was, but it really was just stupid and predictable.

I don't like Bush, so I don't mind that part of her writing

PSi
    I don't vote, so my opinions on Bush don't matter

but that's how she is every week...you can call it her shtick or whatever, but it gets old fast.
    When Jimmy's jokes bomb (like Dean last week) he gives that sad look like "i'm sorry"...Tina gives you that look like "it's funny, why don't you get it...because it is"

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by PSi
    Hahaha, don't get me started

1. She's not as funny as she thinks she is. In WU, she laughs at her own jokes, talks after her jokes...which totally detracts from it.
    2. She should end every joke with "i hate Bush." Last year, it was funny. This year, it was like "wow, she sure has a grudge" now it's like "get over it"
    3. She became the head writer, in what? 2001 or 2002? And since then, an overwhleming majority has said that the show is going downhill and isn't as good as it was a few years ago. . . and half of that falls on bad writing. She's the head writer, therefore i assume approves all the sketches that get written (before lorne has his say), so you think there would be better writing.

Thanks for reading. I appreciate it
    That is so funny. I agree wholeheartedly - though I do think Tina Fey is very cute - that her staff of writers are struggling this year and much of the material has been very base and one-noted.

And as we know from reruns of the Dick Van Dyke Show - whenever Alan wasn't happy with the material - he (or Mel) would yell at Rob Petry (head writer) and not Sally and Buddy. (gee the Alan Brady show had 3 writers and SNL has what? 303?)

The WU has been very weak this season. More oftan than not - TF and JF sit there waiting after giving the punch-line for audience response - ie: laughter. JF is good at giving the Johnny Carson "What, you didnt get that?" face/pause; but after nearly every joke is stretching it.

Maybe they need to sit the drummer from the SNL band at the news desk and he can play rim shots to tip the audience when a punch-line has been given.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddio
    Maybe they need to sit the drummer from the SNL band at the news desk and he can play rim shots to tip the audience when a punch-line has been given.

+ Reply to Thread