PSi

News

Janet Jackson will be the host AND musical guest for April 10th
    take it whichever way you want.

PSi

Episode 14: Colin Firth

Episode XIV: Colin Firth and Norah Jones

<B> Opening Words </B>
    I really have nothing this week. No rants, no raves, no nothing. I guess that’ll shorten the size a tad. I hope this lack of words won’t effect my review this evening.

On to the show….

<B> Cold Opening</B> Nightline
    this shocks me as it started 11.29, so the first minute is forever lost in the annals of time. This week’s Nighline deals with Martha Stewart’s guiltiness. Kenan plays, I guess the prosecuting attorney. Forte plays a broker from Merrill Lynch, who claims that Martha was a bitch and got what she deserves. He then says they should go on a bitch hunt, including Hillary Clinton, Oprah, and Yoko Ono. Horatio comes on as Rosie O’Donnell. Rosie says she’s angry and will support Martha. Ana comes back, like I had called in an earlier conversation with a friend. I called it, so I can’t complain, but I had said she’d be in a full sketch. This wasn’t too bad. It was good, but way too long for an opening, so I must take a point off for that.
    Ana gets the Live from NY

Actors: Hammond, Kenan, Forte, Horatio,
    Best Line: Forte: Martha stewart got what she deserved because she’s a huge bitch.
    Length: 6.45
    Rating: 6/10

<B> Monologue </b>

Colin feels honoured to host and names off the movies he’s been in…none of which I’ve seen or probably ever will. Amy comes out, and quotes one of his films, he answers…yeah. Maya does a romeo and Juliet bit, but sounds like donatella versace. Doesn’t help her cause. They say he’s the first classically trained actor to come on in a long time. Dratch comes out and kisses him. Seth comes out as Hugh Grant. What is his appeal? All lost on me. Seth then becomes himself and says he has a man-crush on him.
    The mancrush part was funny, but I cannot honestly reward a reminder of donatella.

Actors: Poehler, Maya, Dratch, Myers
    Best Line: Dratch: Play? Oh, I always had a fantasy of dressing up and going to town on some English dude
    Length: 5.00
    Rating: 6/10

<B> Civil War Film </B>

Director Jimmy is filming a civil war period film. Colin then does a bad nasally impression…that sounds like a lot like Charles Nelson Riley. Finesse appears in a dress (we know he had no part in this writing). Then Seth comes in, I guess as CNR, that makes very little sense, then they all use their real voices, where Parnell is Japanese, amy British, ok…but I thought it was good, I can’t complain.

Actors: Poehler, Parnell, Fallon, Dratch, Finesse, Meyers
    Best Line: Firth: It’s every British actor’s dream to play an American Hero
    Length:
    Rating: 7/10

<B> Next Week</B> Ben Affleck and N*E*R*D ..ooh, I might actually look forward to a show for once. And we all know when we get our hopes up.

<B> Show biz Grande Explosion </b>
    Fred brings back his drumming character from last year. Ugh, not a fan. He does his “ay dios mio” “I’m just kidding” routine. I think it’s funny that he had some drums at his desk. He makes a bad “butte, Montana. It says butte” joke. Ugh. Colin comes on as himself and outpuns him, but they lay flat, then ferricito tells him how to deliver a joke.
    I know there are some fans of this sketch, but I think this was utter garbage.

Actors: Horatio, Armison
    Best Line: --
    Length: 6.00
    Rating: 3/10

<B> TV Funhouse </B> FCC

an FCC skit, about how cartoons will be more PC, with blurred nudity. Started off funny, with Donald duck, bugs bunny and fred flinstone, then lost a lot of steam towards the end with 7 second delay and bush speech.

Actors: --
    Best Line:
    Length: 2.00
    Rating: 5/10

<B> Tim Calhoun </b>

Tim, as part of the dept of ATF. Parnell drills him about a 2002 incident, and with firth as the lawyer, tries to answer them just feeds Calhoun the lines. Parnell then plays a tape admitting calhoun’s guilt to drug smuggling. I was expecting a little more, as Calhoun deserves an instant 10, but still the best we’ve seen thus far.

Actors: Forte, Parnell
    Best Line: Parnell: What is your position at the ATF? Forte: I work there.
    Length: 4.15
    Rating: 8/10

<B> Performance 1</B>

Norah Jones’ aka the Sleepytime Six, makes me want to fall asleep. It sounded like Colin Firth said “Laura Jones”

<B> Weekend Update </b>
    Tina does a Martha joke. Stumbles over the line. Then talks to jimmy. Ugh. Then laughs at her stupid joke. Fire her now! Ugh.
    Jimmy does an Oscar joke about a homeless man “repeatedly wandering on stage” (LOTR director), funny. Then goes into a Passion joke “jesus is dating J-lo”, and you can hear Tina laughing in the background.
    Tina stumbles again and cuts live to Maya and the white women looting. Crowd wasn’t buying that one.
    Jimmy with a Paris Hilton joke.
    Tina- drunk man stealing plane joke/bush, probably line of the night., then to an ashcroft hospitalized “removed the stick from his butt” eh.
    Peter Jackson and Elijah wood from LOTR show up with all their Oscars, looking to collect more. Surprisingly, the two both keep composure. They come to collect an award, jimmy gives them gum. Fell pretty flat.
    Tina Atkins diet mood swings joke with a bitch punchline,. Ok. Then to a dumb Jessica Simpson joke, crowd laughed.
    Jimmy does Wesley snipes getting arrested joke “your move bobby borwn”
    Tina does a gay students meeting in the drama club punch line
    Jimmy claims he wants a new nickname “J-Rod” ..made no sense. What was strange is that they had the graphic for the next story up, so this had to have been improvised. Still flat. He then goes into a fired paramedic joke. The story was actually funnier than the joke.
    Tina introduces Clinton to handicap this year’s president race. I guess they’re trying hard to fit Hammond into the shows these days. He says he wants to put the “vice” back into “vice president” this probably saved WU for a lot of people, but for me, this raised it from a 3 to a 5.
    Pencil on the mark, but falls short.
    Worst WU of the year.

Actors: Fallon, Fey, Maya, Poehler, Horatio, Dratch, Hammond
    Best Line: Fey: a texas man, still drunk from 4 days of partying, broke into an airplane hanger and stole two planes, flying one into a power line, thus finally fulfilling his commitment to the Texas Air national guard
    Length: 11.15

<B> Hotel Wilson </B>

Kenan plays a bellhop. Firth asks for some ‘professional company’, and Kenan then tries to get some sweet lovin from him. Horatio comes in, and they try to double team him. He threatens to call the cops. The cop’s a part of it too, so firth gives away al his money. This is something that should’ve been on at 12.50, not now. Kenan I think was the weak link in this sketch as I think this bit required overacting.

Actors: Kenan, Horatio, Parnell, Myers, Armison
    Length: 3.30
    Rating: 4/10

<B> Meet the Press </b>

Will comes out as John Edwards and Meets the Press, Hammond. Edwards says he’s not a suck up, then clips and subsequent interview are to the contrary. Edwards is just running for VP the whole time, and admits it.
    Nothing much here. Wasn’t real good, but wasn’t real bad. You know what would’ve made it better? Having Myers as Kerry for the ads.

Actors: Forte, Hammond, Poehler (V/O)
    Best Line: Forte: I called him a workaholic…to his face
    Length: 5.30

<B> Sopranos </B>

The cast tries to remember what they did, since they haven’t been on since Dec 2002. It was simple, and funny.

Actors: Hammond, Poehler, Myers, Forte, Horatio, Fallon, Kenan, Parnell
    Length: 2.45
    Rating: 8/10

<B> Performance 2 </b>
    The sleepytime sextet takes the stage again for performance two *yawn*. I have no problem with her music, it’s not bad, but I equate it more to elevator music.

Garbage time.
    <B> History Channel </B> Jesus: Hollywood vs History

THC does a bit about an unaired epic, by Benny Hill. Regular Benny Hill running around. It wasn’t bad, I can’t complain. I think that was Forte as Benny Hill, so I’ll give him credit for that. It was Funny, but I think Benny Hill’s overrated to begin with, so…but for a 12.50 sketch, it was pretty good

Actors: Forte
    Best Line: Firth: As for Jesus, he died on the cross, but he will forever live on in film
    Length: 2.00
    Rating: 7/10

<B> Overall </B> I get the distinct feeling I was lenient with my ratings this week, as I thought it was a big letdown, but my ratings add up to best of the year, tied with Christina Aguilera. It seems that the usual garbage time 12.50, actually brought up the average of the horrible WU and Ferrecito. I don’t know, the stuff wasn’t that great, but I think the writing has improved, which reflects the scores, but it seemed average.

<B> Overall Rating 64/110 (.58) </B>
    Felt Like: 5
    Best Actor: Forte
    Worst Actor: Tie- Kenan and Fred
    Best Line: Parnell: What is your position at the ATF? Forte: I work there.

Appearance in sketches (this week/total)

Forte 5/37
    Horatio 5/49
    Amy 5/56
    Seth 4/44
    Hammond 4/31
    Parnell 4/56
    Dratch 3/48
    Fallon 3/49
    Kenan 3/39
    Maya 2/61
    Armison 2/40
    Finesse 1/28
    Fey 1/23
    Jeff Richards 0/22 No Longer a troupe member

Next week I’ll go back to my harsher rankings, because I think it has potential, therefore will ultimately disappoint.
    Thank you for reading.

Did this show start late? I didn't catch the last half hour
    ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

PSi
    no, it started at its normal time

PSi
    future host:
    Donald Trump 4/3
    janet jackson 4/10

rumoured hosts
    mary kate and ashley olsen - season fianle.

PSi

3.13 Ben affleck

Episode XV: Ben Affleck and N*E*R*D

<B> Opening Words </B>
    With the addition of Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen hosting the season finale, this has become the MTV TRL SNL Tour 2k4. Justin Timberlake, Nick and Jessica, Christina, Linday Lohan, Janet Jackson. I don’t really care whether or not they were a) funny or b) popular amongst critics, but this is a serious detraction from the show’s core. They used to have up-and-coming actors with a focus on political sketches. They’ve had three different cast members playing George Bush, and the best they can do is Tina Fey’s lame jokes (whom I can’t stand). Lorne has sold himself this year for the younger audience. Not a wise move.

<B> Cold Opening </B> Denise and Sully

I knew they’d break it out, but I didn’t think during the opening. Kind of an odd cold opening. Affleck also appears in the cold opening. I think he’s the first to be in that. Turns out they’re at Affleck and Seth Myers wedding. The reaction of the two kids. It was a funny twist for this otherwise drab sketch. Myers and Affleck actually kiss, which also comes as a shock. The 2nd kiss Myers gets a hand up.
    Dratch, Fallon, and Affleck get the live from SNL.
    This was a long, strange opening to the show.

Actors: Fallon, Dratch, Poehler, Myers, Parnell, Horatio
    Best Line: Fallon I’ve been beggin for the love that Donnie and smitty have, and you never let me do it, not even once.
    Length:6.45
    Rating: 6

<B> Monologue </B>

Ben comes out promoting Jersey Girl. He then gives obscure facts like he was born in Cali or dated J Lo. He then takes up arms with the name Bennifer, then says he’s going to sell Bennifer, Benyonce, Boprah, mary-kate and ashfleck, and ben-gay (marsha-gay hardman or if matt finally comes around) shirts.
    This was…short…can’t complain. This is what a monologue is supposed to be. I can reward that with some points.
    Actors: --
    Best Line: Boprah shirt.
    Length:3.45
    Rating: 8

<B> Z105 </B>

Jimmy gets the nod for back to back sketches early on. Usually it’s just one sketch, then WU, then done. This is the third time we’ve seen it this year, last two were Roddick and Nick and Jessica, and those shows were both horrible. He sounds like Pat O’Brien. Affleck plays Dirty Dan the Garbage man, a new DJ, who does the same shtick as Jimmy. This got unfunny really fast with Jimmy using the term “poop weiner.” I don’t even need to go on. It started off kind of funny, but then degraded to poop jokes. Had it ended at 4.00 with the Different villages line, it’d be an easy 7, but poop jokes can not be rewarded

Actors: Fallon
    Best Line: Ben: Dude, sanji and rashnij are from different villages.
    Length:5.30
    Rating: 4

<B> Next Week </B> Donald Trump
    …and the musical guest is? Maybe he’s doing double duty.

<B> Gigli</B>
    Ben’s shooting Gigli, and there are real…slow people who are playing extras. Fred, as Frondi, says why the movie is bad- “it has logic problems” This continues until Ben yells at him and is reprimanded for it. This was very funny, and made by Armison’s reactions. Ben was chuckling most the time.

Actors: Parnell, Armison, Poehler
    Best Line: Armison: I don’t think this movie’s going to work…its got logic problems.
    Length: 4.45
    Rating: 8

<B> TV Funhouse </B>

The Passion…is Humpty Dumpty. Clips of Mel’s interview on the Passion of the Dumpty. Then a George Bush commercial with tough times (Jackson, Arnold, gigli). Then back to Dumpty. Anotehr Bush commercial, this time with old time shows. Then more interview. That sucked. Some people seemed to love it. Not me in the least. Standard 3 here.

Best Line:
    Length: 2.30

<B> Appalachian Emergency Room </b>

How the hell did this make it back on? It was horrible the first time, and they bring it back in the first half freaking hour. I don’t even need to think that I need to recap it. It was better than the last one, but that’s not sayin much

Actors: Myers, Poehler, Hammond, Finesse, Forte, Maya
    Best Line: Forte: I put some fireworks in my Mr. Coffee
    Length: 4.00

<B> Bangkok Tourism commercial </b>

What happens in Bangkok, stays in Bangkok, like dead hookers.

Actors: Myers
    Best Line:
    Length:.45
    Rating: B

<B> Performance 1 </b> Neptunes.

I like them, always have, back when they produced N.O.R.E.’s Superthug. Looks like Jesus is doin the drumming there. A little departure from their first album, but pretty much the same. I think I’m the only one who’s a fan of theirs.

<B> Weekend Update </B>
    I’ll do better this time. Tina Fey sucks. She laughs at her stupid jokes and talks to Jimmy in the middle of them then has that stupid look like why don’t you laugh with me? Let’s take a tally.
    Laugh Count: 4
    Stupid look Count 1
    Talking Count 3
    Held composure before camera cut to Jimmy 2
    I hate tina fey.

Finesse comes on a financial consultant. He talks about Bill collectors. It was funny and had a point, but a bold statement with a purple shirt and a purpler tie. Maya comes on as Diana Ross to defend herself. . . this bombed once, so they bring it back. I notice a trend. It sucked. And Maya felt up Tina…*shrug* Hammond comes out as Clinton again….ugh, I think they’re slowing killing it.
    Hammond breaks character when talking to Tina, then again. Hammond seems…odd.
    Pencil 1, low and to the left, he takes tina’s pen, and badly tosses it to the right.
    Clinton was Ok. Finesse was good. Maya was horrible. Jokes were ok.

Actors: Fallon, Fey, Finesse, Maya, Hammond
    Best Line: Fallon: In all of new jersey, they decided to get married in assbury park?
    Length: 14.30

<B>Top O’ the mornin’ </B>

First time this has been on all year. Celebratin’ St. Patrick’s Day. Myers does a good ad-lib “good thing we always wear the same sweaters” in between the flashbacks. I’m surpised Seth didn’t break character at all. Ben comes on as rono (Ronald) McDonald, who acts like Bono.
    Another great Ad-lib “mickey’s Scottish I guess,” which makes Ben laugh. Fallon’s gotten the laugh bug too. But I liked it.

Actors: Fallon, Myers, Kenan, Finesse, Forte, Horatio
    Best Line: Fallon: ad-lib- Mickey’s Scottish I guess.
    Length: 5.15
    Rating: 7

<B> Bangkok 2</B>

Ben sells his newlywed for her kidney….

Actors: Poehler
    Best Line:
    Length: .45
    Rating: B

<B>Donnie G and Sidecar </B>

a spoof of those old cop buddy films. Fred getting hit with the mailbox was funny. That was the first time I really laughed this episode. This had potential, but fell sort of flat, but it reminded me one of those sketches from the 80’s. Ah the memories.

Actors: Armison, Poehler, Maya, Fred, Horatio
    Best Line: If sidecar’s not in the sidecar, that’s just too damn confusing.
    Length: 5.00

<B> Bangkok 3 </B>

Best of the 3 by far. Kelly Ripa appears as well. Whaaaa? Very funny

Actors: Horatio, Myers, Hammond
    Best Line:
    Length: 1.00
    Rating: A

<B> Performance 2</B> Neptunes.

n.e.r.d perfromes again…and again, probably many people don’t like them.

<B> Full Moon Killer</B>

Serial Killer Affleck missed the full moon this year, but they’re kidding. It was ok. Not bad for a 12.50 sketch

Actors: Parnell, Poehler, Forte
    Best Line:3.15
    Length:
    Rating:5

No credits at all because they had to show a stupid bravo commercial. . . ugh.

<B> Overall </B>
    Ben showed why he can’t do Live TV, with him breaking character and all, but his willingness to make fun of himself should be rewarded. Plus it looks like he was having fun, which is more than what can be said about half the other guests. It wasn’t that bad. The Thailand commercials were good, as was the top ‘o the mornin’. I can’t really complain.

<B> Overall Rating: 58/100 (.58) </B>
    Felt like 5.5
    Best Actor: I don’t know if I can reward anyone because they all were in that horrible Appalachian Emergency Room bit, Jimmy wasn’t, but he used the poop weiner line, and that can’t be rewarded.
    Worst Actor: Can’t give this one out either.
    Best Line: Fallon: I’ve been beggin for the love that Donnie and smitty have, and you never let me do it, not even once

Amy 6/61
    Seth 6/50
    Horatio 4/53
    Fallon 4/53
    Maya 3/64
    Parnell 3/59
    Forte 3/40
    Hammond 3/34
    Finesse 3/31
    Armison 2/42
    Dratch 1/49
    Kenan 1/40
    Fey 1/24

Ben was always laughing. I mean, I know it's pretty funny, but come on...

Oh, PSi, I saw your av in the Movies forum, and I had to play that song. Great av!

PSi
    haha. thanks.
    however, you forgot to take this into account- Ben was laughing, but he held composure...Jimmy and Horatio cannot.
    Ben doing it but carrying it on (like top o the mornin) = funny
    Jimmy and Horatio just stopping the sketch to laugh at each other = annoying and almost sad.

that's why i think it was ok. thanks for reading.

PSi

Episode 16 Donald Trump

Episode XVI: Donald Trump and Toots & The Maytals and co.

<B> Opening Words </B>

Now we enter what I call the “ugh” stretch of SNL. We all know there will be some major changes to the cast next year, so all we have to do is just make through these five episodes and we’re good to go, right? Not so fast. We have to make it through a Trump (who is wearing himself thin), Janet Jackson (whom the media seems to be getting tired of), Lindsey Lohan (great…more teen hosts), TBA (There’s hope yet), and Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen (ugh…) Doesn’t look so good for the diehard fan now does it?
    As for this show, I’ll keep an open mind.

<B> Cold Opening </B> Apprentice

No shocker there. They have to justify the show being good tonight, and how the show isn’t funny and one of them is going to be fired. Finesse says he’s not leaving because he’s one of 4 blacks on NBC, so Amy turns on Jimmy …and Jimmy’s fired. Lorne comes on and says its his show and fires Jimmy. Clip of Jimmy leaving NBC studios. ..cut back to the office and ….some woman, Caroline, gets the Live from NY? Ok…Maybe if I had actually seen this show for a second I would have gotten the subtleness and nuances, but most of it, over my head. The associates lost me, but Jimmy getting fired more than makes up for it.

Actors: Amy, Jimmy, Finesse, Parnell
    Best Line: Donald: This Idiot [Jimmy] was laughing the whole time
    Length: 5.30
    Rating: 7

<B> Monologue </B>

Donald Trump, with his bright purple tie says that SNL is better since he’s on. What a purple tie. He rambles on about I don’t pay attention because I’m staring at his freaking purple tie. In comes Hammond as trump, who imitates him. Jimmy comes in as Jeff Zucker and says that Hammond can’t fire everyone. Jimmy promotes new shows…then leaves. I wasn’t impressed…what a purple tie. It was ok, but nothing special.

Actors: Hammond, Fallon
    Best Line: Jimmy: …queer guy with a lazy eye.
    Length: 4.50
    Rating: 5

<B> Commercial </b> Fear Factor Junior

Fred’s impersonation wasn’t that good, but it was funny overall. This is the second best commercial behind the Thailand commercials.

Actors: Armison
    Best Line: Here comes the clown
    Length: .50
    Rating: A-

<B> Live with Regis and Kelly </b>

No shocker here. Dratch takes Kattan’s role…crowd was a tad disappointed. They do their usual banter. Not much to comment on. Donald comes on as himself. Amy, sing her feminine sex appeal, Hammond, who breaks character, and stops the scene dead in its tracks. Ok…Donald…was very unimpressive. He has no acting ability. He does his “I’m good for this show” bit…I dunno. One thing I did notice is that Amy tried really hard to get him to break. . . I guess that was her motivation for going into it? It was ok. This went on a little too long.

Actors: Hammond, Amy, Dratch
    Best Line: Donald: for a mother of three, you really do have a tight little body.
    Length: 6.50

<B> Interlude </b>

Kenan plays Star Jones and comes to talk to Don about the Apprentice. It was ok, nothing special. It broke up the action a little bit.

Actors: Kenan
    Best Line: I mean give me some real sugar, like a mounds bar.
    Length: 1.05
    Rating: B-

<B> Next Week </B> Janet Jackson

Yay? *shrugs*

<B> Trump’s House of Wings</b>

Wha? A Sequel to Al Sharpton’s Casa De Sushi? Donald dons the all yellow outfit.
    I love wings, just thought I’d like to add that. they sing to “jump” Catchy toon. It was ok. Much like al sharpton’s casa de sushi…but ending on a pun Ugh….all you chickens, you’re frierd? Even he knows that was bad. Horatio as David Crosby didn’t do anything…almost ruined it, so a point off there.
    So this is in Inglewood, right next to Al Sharpton’s Casa De Sushi (which was in Seacaucus)

Actors: Kenan, Seth, Amy, Maya, Horatio
    Best Line: Horatio: When I’m not…throwing sperm around the lesbian community
    Length:.3.55

<B> Performance </B> Toots and the Maytalls, Jack Johnson and Ben Harper.

For those who like that type of music….

<B> Weekend Trumpdate </B>

They get a fancy new set. Tina says she doesn’t like it, and they go back to normal version…. And no one laughed.
    WU…Jokes and jokes and jokes, some were ok. Tina’s spiel is getting old fast. And it’s not just me and my anti-feyness. All she does is rely on Bush jokes. If you watch episodes from the beginning of the episode, its just stale.
    WU door, and its Omarosa from the Apprentice …ok? Maybe it would be funny had I watched this show, then things fall on her head, again and again and again. Hey, that’s the trashcan from Donnie G and sidecar. . and that’s it? Pencil hits the camera
    Some of the jokes were good, but the Maya thing, as always, killed it. –2 for that.

Actors: Jimmy, Fey, Amy, Maya
    Best Line: Jimmy: Singer Norah Jones turned 25 on Tuesday, her fans turned 50.
    Length: 8.10

<B>The Prince and the Pauper </B>

Hammond fires a 9 year old and claims she doesn’t get any joy from it. Trump, as a plumber, comes in and rips on Trump. Points for him being able to do that. They switch and the pauper becomes the prince and tells the assistant to shoot the prince. This sketch really had nothing to it, but points for Trump being able to say those things.

Actors: Hammond, Amy, Armison, Maya
    Best Line: Looks like you killed a squirrel to me and put it on top of your head.

<B>Fathers and Sons </b>

Another Public Access show…and is that the couch from jock talk? Seth and Donald are a father and son talking about their relationship. Father calls son a sissy…Horatio and jimmy as the neighbors. Horatio says one line and Jimmy laughs…and oh no, its characterbreaking all around. And they laugh and laugh
    I give a pity point to Seth because he looked so bummed out that Jimmy and Horatio ruined his only sketch of the night. Poor Seth…and poor us for having to watch them laugh at each other.

Actors:Myers, Horatio, Fallon
    Best Line: Myers (adlib) they’re so sad they’re happy
    Length: 6.15

<B>9/11 Attacks Panel </b>

Clarke says that Bush likes Beer. Beer. Beer this. Beer that. Yawn.
    Dratch comes on and asks questions.
    Parnell more of the same.yawn.
    Horrible sketch. It was a novel idea, but it failed miserably.

Actors: Armison, Hammond, Dratch, Parnell
    Best Line: He told me that I worried too much…and then he touched me in what I considered an inappropriate manner

<B> musical performance 2 </b>
    Toots, Bootsy, and the Roots

<B> Apprentice rock band </B>

Another Apprentice sketch? Way to recycle the set….in between the apprentice votes, Donald and the two assistants form a rock band…..umm..what do you expect from a 12.55 sketch? It looks like he was having fun on the keyboard.

Actors: Maya, Dratch, Amy, Armison
    Best Line:
    Length:4.45

No Smigel Cartoon (which was promised in the credits) Credits cut off yet again.

<B> Overall Rating: 46/90 (5) </B>
    Felt like- 4- 4.5.
    Best Actor: Hammond, Hands down.
    Worst: Horatio and Jimmy. . .how many sketches will they ruin until someone does something?
    Line of the night:
    Tie- Donald: This Idiot [Jimmy] was laughing the whole time
    Jimmy: Singer Norah Jones turned 25 on Tuesday, her fans turned 50.
    Seth: They’re so sad, they’re happy (it’s so true…)

I was completely underwhelmed with this episode. It was just an hour and a half long commercial for the Apprentice. What’s going to happen when this goes to syndication in a few years and this show is long forgotten? What can they use? Nothing. I don’t know. I came in with little expectations, and came out of it wishing for another Affleck episode. Donald can’t act. They wrote the whole show around him and he failed miserably.
    Plus Zero Will is not good.

Amy 6/67
    Maya 4/68
    Fallon 4/57
    Armison 4/46
    Hammond 4/38
    Dratch 3/52
    Parnell 2/61
    Horatio 2/55
    Seth 2/52
    Kenan 2/42
    Finesse 1/32
    Fey 1/25
    Forte 0/40

Psi, I have to respectfully disagree. The show was hilarious for once. You may have gotten more out of it if you were an Apprentice fan. This is the first show I have enjoyed in a long time.

but um ... what was with Tina Fey flashing that really loud red bustier at the end of WE? that was just odd.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread