+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CSI: Miami - "Kill Zone" 11/18 (The sniper episode)

CSI: Miami - "Kill Zone" 11/18 (The sniper episode)

Kill Zone

60 min.
    CBS planned this sniper-themed episode before the October shootings in the Washington, D.C. area, and, until two suspects were arrested last month, considered delaying its airdate.

During a typical morning rush hour in downtown Miami, an unseen sniper chooses three victims at random and opens fire, killing each with a single shot to the head. Horatio (David Caruso) and his crew rush to the scene, which is quickly mobbed by TV news reporters eager to spin the murders into a national story. The initial investigation doesn't reveal much, as there were no witnesses and little evidence remains. But the case heats up when the sniper strikes again, killing two more innocent people.

No discussion of this supposedly edgy show? This is the controversial "sniper" episode! I actually saw about 4 seconds of it before I turned the channel.

I watched.
    Why?
    I don't know
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

LG.
    I watched it and had no idea it was filmed before the DC sniper and thought it was
    1. really done quickly if they were doing it after the sniping started in DC, and
    2. in really poor taste for them to not even mention the DC situation
    3. it was really odd that with a sniper loose in town and killing people every day that dozens of people were having dinner in an outside cafe in Miami where the sniper was planning to shoot again when he got caught. They did have a part about the panic in the city and that people were pulling their kids out of school, so why are these people sitting around outside eating dinner?

but I DID like that when psycho-sniper asshole villian was caught that he was BEGGING Horatio to ask him why he did it, and Horatio wouldn't give him the satisfaction of asking and responded "you're evil, you killed 4 people, you enjoy death, so I hope you enjoy your own" and they stuffed him in the paddy wagon and dragged him off. We don't give a damn, you psycho.

It was a decent episode, but we barely even saw Kim Delaney. No surprise she's leaving the show.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Yeah, I was glad Horatio didn't let him explain either. I figure all whacko's WANT to tell people their reasons for doing what they do.
    The show should have explained that it was filmed etc before the sniper in DC. I only knew because of Johns post, but reading what you wrote leads me to believe a lot of people would wonder why it wasn't brought up.

LG.
    I hadn't read John's post before watching last night and I was like, what the hell, were they filming this DURING the whole siege in Cali-ville and BF-dom and if so, were they going to still air if if Moose and company hadn't caught those bastards? I would hope not. Creepy creepy man hunting people for sport.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I for one was completely offended that they aired this show. Even moreso were the blatant promo plugs they ran all week. I found it truly sickening. In fact, I have on my "to-do" list a letter to both CBS and Jerry Bruckheimer (someone I have a great deal of admiration for).

I actually am skeptical that this was produced before the events, though it would have had to have been really fast production otherwise. It was just too freakishly similar.

I had it on for about 10 minutes and was simply appalled at the insensitivity of it all. Brought back a lot of feelings that I would just rather forget.

I also turned on the last 5 minutes to see if CBS local news would mention it at 11, but they didn't.

The one thing the airing of this episode did do for me was put the nail in the coffin on whether or not I will ever watch this show again. And the answer is a definitive "no".
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

LG.
    I was actually thinking about you and Cali while I was watching this episode, BF, just so you know, especially when the clueless people were milling around outside, thinking THAT IS NOT WHAT HAPPENED! BF WAS AFRAID TO GO GET GAS IN HER CAR! Yes, it was tough to watch and I totally understand why it would be 10 x infinity times tougher for you.

Two things about this episode...particularly about Horatio...

1. I wish that the sniper had shot Horatio right before he was caught. Seriously! I was rooting him on!

2. I hated the ending when he was walking through the crowd, taking off his sunglasses, and doing that irritating smirk/grin that he does! He was acting all "I saved you all so now you all are safe." Ugh! Little bitch!

This guy has got to go!!!! And on more thing, the cops wouldn't stop at Horatio when they had the sniper in their custody. Horatio's supposed to be a crime lab guy. He's not a detective!!!

That's a big problem with this show. They do a lot of stuff that CSIs aren't supposed to do. I mean, the regular CSI show has a few incorrect aspects of the job, but this show...oh it's horrible! I mean, hummers??????

You tell 'em Mdrio!

+ Reply to Thread