+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Opening Farewell - 2003-10-06 *SPOILERS*

Oh, and I havent watched my tape yet.

I don't think the Doc was being selfish at all. Sure, it was a pretty wierd take on the whole thing, but anger is one of the many emotions we all go through when saying an untimely goodbye. And our anger portion is generally a very unpredictable emotion in this case and all others . . . Yes, more Psyche mumbo-jumbo, but also a little bit of family emergency added in.

And he was obviously remorseful about it: he was at the dock -- he just didn't get there in time. Ooh that's gonna leave a mark.

In any event, okay, so they're all talking about him leaving the street --- and yet he was in the credits? I'm confused again . . . But at least I found Price this time. *phew*

But then she told Bosco to go away; what's happening? Everything's falling apart! We can't trust the networks to explain it to us! Augh!

*hem* Pardon me.

Otherwise . . . Maybe the triad between Boscos, Yokas, and Cruz was ended a bit too conveniently . . . But I think it makes sense. If all this were to have occurred in real-life, it probably would have happened "that conveniently" as well.

And who's to say it's not gonna come back to haunt them all? Maybe Cruz was bluffing. Ooh, scary.

Anyway . . . Wow this episode was amazing, all the more so because of the 'family emergency' I alluded to earlier. My mom's currently away in Vegas, celebrating a friend's birthday, which leaves my brother and me here.

I don't know what happened between them to, but during her 'goodnight' call as I was watching "our show" () my brother started raising his voice. Not a good sign.

So when I got the phone I wasn't all that surprised to hear my mom ask to get my brother back on the phone. I shuddered; not a good sign there either. I eventually managed to get my brother back on the phone, and I'm not gonna describe what happened then; I tuned it out. I wanted to be safe with Third Watch.

So while Kim's talking to Bosco I gottah talk to my mom and listen to her as she attempts to play herself as the martyr, which is typical. I don't know how I managed to do it, but I kept calm while I tried to raise my points of not wanting to be involved and watching "our show" at the same time while my mom's beginning to raise her voice over the phone about how neither'f us are ever willing to help her when she needs it (gee, I wonder why?) . . . Oh, and it's about half-past eleven in Vegas, and I assume she's in a hotel room -- and she's screaming at me for not wanting to get involved in a spat that obviously involves only my brother and herself?

Again, I don't know how I managed to do it, but I got her to calm down and tell her that while my brother was being immature, he's just in his mid-teens, and she was being just as bad . . . It's an issue of the family: when we want to back away she presses until we're downright scared of her.

My mom finally clams down and actually realizes what's going on, and says a tearful goonight.

About this time Ms. Taylor's asking Doc to say some words at her daughter's memorial service.

I broke down into tears. Here I am, talking to my mother like a therapist while my family's in the stages of falling apart --- and a Character on a show I deeply love has lost her daughter and her husband . . . And look at her! Sure, she's mourning, but look at her! Look at me! I cannot begin to describe how humbling watching this episode was. Any one of us could die tomorrow, and yet here we are squabbling over something I don't even know about and didn't want to know about in the first place . . . And yet here we are.

It's amazing, the human condition. It's amazing, what we do and do not focus upon. It's just simply amazing.

I'm sorry; I've probablyt just completely derailed the topic; I'm sure we can get it back on track . . . But I felt this needed to be said.

Do me a favor, guys. If you have a husband, or kids, or fiance's, or mommies an' daddies . . . Hug 'em for me, please? I think we all could use a big hug.
    "Don't give me that look; I know some big words" -- Bosco, 'Castles of Sand'

"We're only the law as long as people let us . . ." -- Sully, 'Blackout'

"You know, I've got so many bad things goin' on I'll leave the possibilities to someone else." -- Bosco, 'Lockdown'

"Bosco . . . I think I love you!" -- Munroe, 'The Spirit'

Wow Guardian105, interesting recap, real life and Third Watch life.

I hope all goes well with your family, I too hate arguing!

Chris

Rox
    riding through Paris with the warm wind in my hair
    I missed this episode. Does anyone know where I can track down a recap?
    "The fastest way to succeed is to look as if you're playing by somebody else's rules, while quietly playing by your own."

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian105
    And he was obviously remorseful about it: he was at the dock -- he just didn't get there in time. Ooh that's gonna leave a mark.
    The reason I love this forum is the diversity of opinion!!
    When I saw that scene I was thinking.. Doc's guilt kept him in the car, kept him from the wake.. he couldn't bring himself to get out of the car. You saw it as bad luck, just a little too late. I never would have thought of that.

Carlos does need a haircut.

Kim is a paramedic, how stupid can you be to have unprotected sex with someone? Well he's a well respected writer.. yeah and what do all celebrities have in common?? The oposite sex throws themselves at them. How often do you think they say no?
    If Kim and Jimmy get back together I will just hurl.

I was a little insulted for 'the new guy' Doc attacks him at his home and basically tells him that he should be dead instead of his friend. Nice welcome. Clerical error, not Rossi's error.

L.G.: Faith's sometimes partner is Sasha Monroe, Fred took her in to see Faith but we didn't get to see that.

And lastly neener neener to Cruz (omg last night was the first time I heard anyone call her by her first name, Marisa.) If Cruz is the cop she claims to be (all good, all the time, mass twice a week) Why wouldnt she recognize the same in Yokas? Wouldn't these two birds of a feather flock together?
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Ah, I forgot about Kim. What an idiot.

Does anyone know who sings the song that played a couple of times in last night's episode. I know It's based off the poem 'do not stand by my grave and weep'. I really liked it, but I can't find it.
    It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Rox -- You have your best recaps right here, generally as the thread's opening post.

Duxxy -- *chuckles* Same reason why I love bein' 'ere too -- and no flames! What a great place this has turned out to be.
    In any event, I see your own take has merit too. After saying what he did to Carlos, he easily could have gone to the docks out of guilt, but then stayed behind. It's like that car commercial with the groom going back and forth between the chapel and "elsewhere" while the announcer describes why his car is so great.

Otherwise, yeah, you'd think Kim would have a bit more intelligence than she exhibited and have protected sex. *shrugs* I have a feeling the network is trying to get Doherty and Kim back otgether again. I don't know what good or bad may come of that.

Lastly, sorry brenna, can't help you there; the only other time I've heard the song/poem was in one of the 9-11 comic volumes I have.
    "Don't give me that look; I know some big words" -- Bosco, 'Castles of Sand'

"We're only the law as long as people let us . . ." -- Sully, 'Blackout'

"You know, I've got so many bad things goin' on I'll leave the possibilities to someone else." -- Bosco, 'Lockdown'

"Bosco . . . I think I love you!" -- Munroe, 'The Spirit'

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12