+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Cold Case

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar

Cold Case

Did anyone else watch this tonight and what did you think?
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

I saw it and was surprised since I wasn't expecting to like it. I thought it would be another dreary cop show and instead found it to be a good story told in a fresh way. Liked the way the 2 killers were seen as young and old especially at the end when they got out of the car. I found the way the camera got so close to the faces showing the imperfections and age lines-- revolutionary for tv. I liked the way the detective went after the clues--she didnt act like the usual tv cop. Cant wait til next week!

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I really enjoyed the show, but wish they wouldn't have used such a high profile real life case as their outline for the show.

I read the Martha Moxley murder book. Switch the tennis racket for a golf club and you've got the Skakel case basically.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Rox
    riding through Paris with the warm wind in my hair
    I liked the show.

We have had a Canadian show 'Cold Squad' for a few years now.. a Canadian show that is actually good!! (so it kinda ticks me off the US channel copying it.. but thats show business).
    http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...63403295219_5/
    "The fastest way to succeed is to look as if you're playing by somebody else's rules, while quietly playing by your own."

Wish I Had A FF Right Now Jughead Jones's Avatar
    I was pleasantly surprised...but then again I wasn't.

After all, it was produced by Jerry Bruckheimer, who is responsible for ratings powerhouses like "CSI", "CSI: Miami", "Without A Trace" and, of course, "The Amazing Race".

I really wanted to see this show. I guess I will have to see the premier on reruns. It sure sounded like a good show to me.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

You know, I really enjoyed this show. It was good, yet a little contrived. I know one of the producers of the A&E show "Cold Case Files" which is a Bill Kurtis production. "CCF" is a documentary style show, and they dont have to develop characters as much as they have to show you how the case was cracked. I am honestly curious as to how they are going to make this CBS show into a weekly series.

It just seems like they won't be able to develop characters or an "evolving" storyline.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    WOW!

I REALLY like this show.

I'm not overly fond of the main character, but I really like the way it is produced with the characters shown at the time of the crime, etc... It's very Without a Trace-like.

But I expect nothing less from a Jerry television production.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Bravofan, I only caught last week's episode and only found it iffy. Basically I was enjoying the story but I got so distracted by the hairstyles. The woman detective had a shaggy look going then put a tiny ponytail in the back and shagged the front even more - it looked so odd & contrived, not like a hard working detective would wear. In contrast, the girl whose mom had been killed had straight, improbably red hair with no bangs combed straight over a huge forehead. She looked like a neanderthal. Also, they had to tease the 80's woman's hair to look like Madonna in her "Desperately Seeking Susan" phase.

Normally I don't nit-pick something like this but it actually got to the point I was distracted. Fire the hair stylist, and maybe I can sit through it again.

Oh, and I didn't like the 5 minute long slow motion scene where the ghosts show up and give their thumbs up. Even the younger version of someone who was still alive was there...that just didn't make sense.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

FORT Fogey
    I like the way it is shot w/the young and old versions of people. I hate her hair too though and it bugs me and distracts me some but I can deal with it as i like the story lines so far!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast