+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Cold Case

Aww I'm sorry I missed it then! I fell asleep.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I was glad for the happy ending for once.

Not the typical ending. It was nice to see the two girls reunited thirty years after one of them disappeared.

Last night's show disturbed me more than most. I raised my mixed race son in Hawaii and am so happy that he was never exposed to that kind of hatred. It made me very glad that I have spent most of my life here in this beautiful melting pot of mixed races, cultures, etc. I guess we become so used to the type of lifestyle that exists here in this isolated, happy little bubble that we forget that racist ugliness was still very much in evidence in the 70's (and still is in some places in the U.S.) It is always a shock when someone leaves here and becomes exposed to the prejudices on the mainland. That is why so many of the locals come back home.

I haven't watched a lot of Cold Cases.....especially when it was in the 8 pm timeslot and would run late thanks to the football games....but I am watching it this season since it airs right after TAR. (Have Desperate Housewives on the DVR)

I was wondering if this was the first time a cold case had a happy ending. I don't remember ever seeing the show where someone was actually found alive after all these years.

I too was surprised at the timeline in this particular episode. It was 1975. I thought that was kind of late. I could see if it was set in the 60s.

The show likes to deal with cases that were taboo during that time frame, like the story of the friendship between the two girls of different races or this one about the two gay police officers.

peachroses

last nights show

The fact that this show does address taboo subjects makes it a step above all other shows in my opinion. It has dealt with mental illness, bi-racial relationships, racism, and other subjects in a very non-judgemental manner. I love this show, I hope it stays around for a while...

One observation however from last night's show.... Cooper's father should have looked much older present day since he appeard to be about 50 in the
    60's they needed an actor that looked to be around 90 years old.
    Because I said so ....

This last episode was a pretty good one in an overall satisfying series, but I'm not at all pleased by the preview for next week.

Once the black detective draws down vigilante style on the man he assumes took his wife's life in a DWI incident, he's crossed a line I can't see being undone or mitigated. I feel for the man, but that act irrevokably alters you and places you in perp, not do gooder status.

Though I may be over reacting, because I'm about to move on to Without A Trace to applaud a do gooder gone wrong, one that has crossed a similar line but in pleasing (to me) manner.

Re: Cold Case

Didn't anyone see Cold Case last night with guest star Anthony Starke? It was a emmy worthy performance...made me weep.
    DevilTwin
    Trekker and Geocacher

Re: Cold Case

Quote Originally Posted by DevilTwin;2358586;
    Didn't anyone see Cold Case last night with guest star Anthony Starke? It was a emmy worthy performance...made me weep.
    sounds like I missed a good one last night....dog gone it...some fool running some new water pipes accidently cut my phone and my cable line Saturday morning........and I have been getting the run around since as to when it will be fixed...I am soooooooo mad...but Cold Case is one of my favorites and you KNOW this would happen on a weekend where its not a re run...Just my Luck
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

+ Reply to Thread