+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Cold Case

Quote Originally Posted by aname View Post
    I got that "Lem" (from Shield, can't remember name on show) and Lily are soulmates. That is why they felt an instant chemistry and rapport (like they'd met before). They are much alike - both from troubled family backgrounds, survived personal trauma, dedicated and absorbed with work, and love cats. Being a cat lover myself, I can relate. She is the woman he described as his ideal, and she was already half in love with him when she thought he was dead. This storyline will be interesting to follow when the new season starts (if the series is renewed).
    Good points, aname! I think that you were dead-on in your assessment of the connection between Lily and Kenneth Johnson's character that developed on the show ... You summarized it so well.

I am a cat lover ("catpurrson", so to speak...), too, "owned" by two kitty boys. So, I can definitely relate to their mutual connection, along those lines. And, I was touched (as I'm sure that Lily was) when it was discovered that Kenneth's character had "come back from the dead" to use his credit card to pay for one of his kitties to see a vet (considering his status, as originally set up in his character's storyline). Lord knows that *I've* done the same for my own kitties, in different circumstances (of course), but when needed, 'cause that's what one does when one is a cat lover.

I think that this storyline has some great potential, as part of the cliffhanger ending for this season (to be carried over to the next season). And, I look forward to its resolution in the future, with (possibly) more appearances from Kenneth Johnson in that role.

By the way, "Cold Case" has been renewed for next season on CBS... Also, Kenneth Johnson did play the role of "Lem", on "The Shield".

Cat
    Last edited by catwoman1955; 05-23-2006 at 02:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by catwoman1955 View Post
    I am a cat lover ("catpurrson", so to speak...), too, "owned" by two kitty boys. So, I can definitely relate to their mutual connection, along those lines.
    catwoman....why haven't I seen you in General Discussion in the Animal Lovers and Strange Things Cats Do thread? Come on Over!!!

I have always liked Lily Rush and it was nice to see her "fail" over her confusion with Lem. I really like where that's going. And love that he's a man who likes CATS! One of the few shows I don't mind seeing re-runs of.

What was that line that both Lily and Lem said? Something about you have to see the person behind the ??? She mentioned it when she thought he was dead, and he mentioned it about his drug addicted kids.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Great finale. I kept thinking "oh too bad he's dead, they'd be so perfect together"

I'm having a little trouble though with the captain coming down so hard on her for calling in sick and hiding the guy that was supposed to be dead for 24 hrs? I mean, he's not dead, he didn't kill anyone, it wasn't like she was harboring a murderer.

Just weird if they take her down for it.
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    catwoman....why haven't I seen you in General Discussion in the Animal Lovers and Strange Things Cats Do thread? Come on Over!!!

I have always liked Lily Rush and it was nice to see her "fail" over her confusion with Lem. I really like where that's going. And love that he's a man who likes CATS! One of the few shows I don't mind seeing re-runs of.
    Thanks for the invitation, misskitty I have lurked in those sections from time to time. But, I stay so busy in the TV forums to the point where I rarely find the time to scroll down and check out the other ones. However, I will make it a point to do so.

I, too, have always liked Lily. When I found out that she was a catlover, "owned" by two special kitties (at that), she really won me over. I think "Cold Case" is one of the best shows on TV, as well as one of the few crime shows that always holds my interest. And, the music (soundtrack) that the series uses for each episode is specific to the year/time when the crimes originally occurred. Great touch

Cat

I like this show and find how they solve the cases very well done. I just wish they would find a better night to air it however.

Last nights show about a baby found dead in it's crib had a slightly predictable ending as I suspected one of the parents killed the child. The anguish both parents felt depsite this was believable.

This episode wasn't the best but I still love the format of the show and the characters. And yes, Lilly. She's just great. She seems to be overlooked as a great actress which is too bad.

Just too darn many shows on to watch
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by Cornedbeef;2104051;
    Last nights show about a baby found dead in it's crib had a slightly predictable ending as I suspected one of the parents killed the child. The anguish both parents felt depsite this was believable.
    I guessed all sorts of wrong, assuming it was the brother from the beginning. I can't say I cared too much for the way they got the truth out of him, it seemed they lept far too easily into assuming he was shielding another because of his expressed inability to recall, guiding him through to the actual truth.

The anguish sure did come through as believable. Hard to choose which one will beat themselves harder for the rest of their life. I'm guessing the dad. He made a conscious choice which, as he said, destroyed them all.

Time sure didn't treat that babysitter very well in comparison to the nanny who was a bit older.

peachroses

Lily and Man in Hospital

I missed a few episodes of Cold Case and am confused about the relationship will Lily and the man in the hospital. Was that the ex-boyfriend that slept with her sister? Who is her new boyfriend? Any clues?

thanks,
    Because I said so ....

Did anyone see last night's show. I bawled for the last 10 minutes, but I loved the ending.

+ Reply to Thread