+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Cold Case

Quote Originally Posted by riblit View Post
    Rats... apparently the new detective is only temporary... we'll only be seeing her for one or two more episodes. Trying to remember where I read that.. tvguide.com maybe.

Too bad.. I was enjoying her character quite a bit
    Last night's episode brought in the newest detective.. not sure what happened to the other one.. I missed a few episodes this season because of football running over so I know I am missing some important stuff that happened with the detectives. Anyhow a few episodes back, they showed the head guy (geez I have watched this show for 3 years and only know the names of Lily and Scott! sheesh) had asked the detective (who was in narcotics at the time) if she would give a thought about coming over to the cold division. I had missed the episode she obviously must have been on, and I guess I missed the last one where the other girl left. SO anyhow, this week the new girl (don't know her name) came in for good, I presume. However, I think she will have an interesting story line --- she cannot work on wednesday nights, she did not say why, only she had something she cannot miss that night (for some reason, I immediately thought AA, not sure why though) Then they paired her up with Scotty for interviews & interrogations this week.

(now off to find out the names of these people so next time I sound like I know what I am talking about.......)

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by starkisssed View Post
    Last night's episode brought in the newest detective.. not sure what happened to the other one.. I missed a few episodes this season because of football running over so I know I am missing some important stuff that happened with the detectives. Anyhow a few episodes back, they showed the head guy (geez I have watched this show for 3 years and only know the names of Lily and Scott! sheesh) had asked the detective (who was in narcotics at the time) if she would give a thought about coming over to the cold division. I had missed the episode she obviously must have been on, and I guess I missed the last one where the other girl left. SO anyhow, this week the new girl (don't know her name) came in for good, I presume. However, I think she will have an interesting story line --- she cannot work on wednesday nights, she did not say why, only she had something she cannot miss that night (for some reason, I immediately thought AA, not sure why though) Then they paired her up with Scotty for interviews & interrogations this week.

(now off to find out the names of these people so next time I sound like I know what I am talking about.......)
    Gee, I immediately thought, she watches LOST!!
    But then I didn't watch the show, just read your post.

Quote Originally Posted by starkisssed View Post
    SO anyhow, this week the new girl (don't know her name) came in for good, I presume. However, I think she will have an interesting story line --- she cannot work on wednesday nights, she did not say why, only she had something she cannot miss that night (for some reason, I immediately thought AA, not sure why though) Then they paired her up with Scotty for interviews & interrogations this week.
    My first thought was a therapy session or something like that - mostly because AA meetings seem to be all over the place at different times (at least on all the other tv shows I watch )
    if my must-see-tv list gets any longer, I'm gonna have to quit my day job

This is a program where my interest has cooled off somewhat, but I generally have it playing in the background anyhow.

I liked last night's episode with the ex-mover condemmed rapist/killer getting the crews attention after the cop that had busted him committed suicide.

I hadn't expected them to allow the guy to actually be executed. That they did serves to make the show more watchable, IMO.

One question. Does anyone know the song title and/or performer that played at the end "Hallelujja"? (sp?)

I've always like this show. The characters are really good. I especially like the show opening that show the case in the time it was committed. Love the old music and styles.

This last one was really great. First you could believe the ex-con mover didn't do it. Then for a second that maybe he did. Then of course that it wasn't really him. And that yes, it is possible for an innocent man to be put to death. I really liked the thread throughout about faith.

Quote Originally Posted by leftcoaster
    Does anyone know the song title and/or performer that played at the end "Hallelujja"? (sp?)
    Not that singer, but I know that k.d.lang does an AMAZING rendition on one of her albums -- Hallelujah, Hymns of the 49th Parallel (2004) by Leonard Cohen
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    Not that singer, but I know that k.d.lang does an AMAZING rendition on one of her albums -- Hallelujah, Hymns of the 49th Parallel (2004) by Leonard Cohen
    Thank you kindly, misskitty. This isn't the first show I've heard that song incorporated into, I was wondering whether it had been Cold Case before I recalled that this wasn't a re-run. I'll be sure to check out k.d. lang's version.

Weirdly it never occurred to me to toss an H onto the end of Hallelujah even though I pecked out a half dozen or so variations. I obviously had a hankering to spread some J's along.

You're right, they did a nice job with weaving faith through the episode.

i LOVED tonights finally...hopefully lilly will get some loving next season
    Steve and Kayla Fan

Tell your brother Tito I said Hey!!!

Quote Originally Posted by scooby_kim View Post
    i LOVED tonights finally...hopefully lilly will get some loving next season
    I, too, loved tonight's season finale But, I especially loved seeing Kenneth Johnson - formerly "Lem" from "The Shield", a favorite show of mine - as the "cold case" subject in this episode. To me, Kenneth is HOT... , not only as he was as in the role of "Lem", but also as this character on "Cold Case". If any of you are into/have seen "The Shield", then you might know what I mean about him as "Lem".

Anyway... I hope that Lily will get some loving next season, via his character. She definitely deserves it. Given her character's background, as well as the one in the role that Kenneth Johnson played, I can see why she finally threw all caution to the wind, and put her job on the line, WRT that guy. And, hey, Lily found a true "cat purrson", too...'nuff said But, then again, I am biased (mainly, about HIM)...LOL!

At any rate, "Cold Case" continues to be one of my favorite shows. And, I'm looking forward to seeing how this cliffhanger about Lily is resolved next season.

Cat
    Last edited by catwoman1955; 05-22-2006 at 02:14 AM.

i will have to check that out..thanks for the heads up about LEM....he was AWESOME...i hope it picks up where we left off next season or they had better show some heavy flashbacks....
    Steve and Kayla Fan

Tell your brother Tito I said Hey!!!

I got that "Lem" (from Shield, can't remember name on show) and Lily are soulmates. That is why they felt an instant chemistry and rapport (like they'd met before). They are much alike - both from troubled family backgrounds, survived personal trauma, dedicated and absorbed with work, and love cats. Being a cat lover myself, I can relate. She is the woman he described as his ideal, and she was already half in love with him when she thought he was dead. This storyline will be interesting to follow when the new season starts (if the series is renewed).

+ Reply to Thread