+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Cold Case

This last episode, the exit stage right off the bridge death from the '30's, did it look to anyone else that the blonde girl/old woman died on that bench? When her dead girlfriend took her hand and they sauntered off together I kept waiting for the camera to pan back to the bench to see her body slumped there. Both girls were cute, I particularly was drawn to blondies smile. I liked the old gal winking to/leering at the pair of girlfriends on the street as well.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerLVNV
    I love the music matching the year beginnings
    I really enjoy this part especially if it's the 80's and 90's because I can think back to what I was doing at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster
    This last episode, the exit stage right off the bridge death from the '30's, did it look to anyone else that the blonde girl/old woman died on that bench? When her dead girlfriend took her hand and they sauntered off together I kept waiting for the camera to pan back to the bench to see her body slumped there. Both girls were cute, I particularly was drawn to blondies smile. I liked the old gal winking to/leering at the pair of girlfriends on the street as well.
    I was wondering the same thing, since she went off with her dead girlfriend. That would have been a GREAT ending, since I think they should have been together in the first place!
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

Anyone still watching this show? I missed the season premiere last week - but am currently watching episode #2 (taped).

The current case is not nearly as "cold" as they usually are - but appropriate subject matter for the time of year...

I forgot how much I enjoy this show - they do such a fabulous job of letting us get to know the victim. They do a lot of character development in a short period of time.

I really enjoy the main character - and even though I might personally dislike her hairstyle.. it does suit the character

CCL
    I watched the show last night - was a bit thrown off that it was not as "cold" as usual, but it was good, nonetheless. Like the new female detective they've added to the show.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL
    I watched the show last night - was a bit thrown off that it was not as "cold" as usual, but it was good, nonetheless. Like the new female detective they've added to the show.
    I like the new detective too. I also like the fact that we were still able to see clear differences between the "now" and "then" versions of people, even though its only been a year or so. Particularly with Deirdre... you could clearly see that she'd been through something that changed her.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by CCL
    Like the new female detective they've added to the show.
    I like the new female detective, but I miss the interaction between the Lily and handsome-detective-boy. I thought the writers were building an interesting (and non-sexual, non-romantic) relationship between the two of them that was fascinating and was giving us a hint of the personalities of some of the other characters as well.

Having said that, I wonder if I'm the only one who has noticed you can watch the first 15 - 20 minutes of this show, take a 20-25 minute nap, wake up and still know what's going on and who done it.

Quote Originally Posted by Melsevene
    I like the new female detective, but I miss the interaction between the Lily and handsome-detective-boy. I thought the writers were building an interesting (and non-sexual, non-romantic) relationship between the two of them that was fascinating and was giving us a hint of the personalities of some of the other characters as well.

Having said that, I wonder if I'm the only one who has noticed you can watch the first 15 - 20 minutes of this show, take a 20-25 minute nap, wake up and still know what's going on and who done it.
    I agree that there was a nice relationship building between them - hopefully there will be more interaction between all of the detectives, and they won't end up just paired off like they were this time.

And yes.. lol... you don't need to see the entire show to get it - but then you miss out on the excellent character development (not to mention the music
    )

I love the way Cold Case integrates the music of the particular time period into each episode. It makes it some much more effective.

Last nights episode was really great, but sad. The guest actress (victim) was really great, as was the woman who played Deidre. The new female cop is cool, she fits in well. I always tear up at the end, when the sad song starts playing, and the victim is shown as a real person again, and then they finaly fade away. I usually like "colder" cases, but I found last night's really enthralling.

~*Sawyer's Love slave*~ sydneysummers's Avatar
    I cry at the end of every ep but I cried even more ta the end of this one. it was so heartbreaking the way her friend was at the other side of the window. Laura? was just such a brave girl. Such a fighter.
    *Maeby*"I drugged him not to go all the way with him"
    *George Michael*"I think even the antidrug people would be okay with that"

+ Reply to Thread