+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 66 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast

Thread: Joan of Arcadia

I missed the destroying something aspect. I just heard she is asked to betray a friend. The preview seemed to hint she did it at God's request but then later suspects it was the devil or someone evil who told her to. Looks good!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

still one of my favorite shows.... i'm loving it! from the previews, i also assume that she is asked to destroy one of adam's pieces of art - which like you guys have already covered, makes her wonder if she's really been talking to god at all this whole time.

Yep, sher, I agree...this is one of my favorite shows. A long time ago, when ER was in its 2nd or 3rd season, I watched it for the first time on recommendation from a friend. "You have to watch ER" he said, "its the best show on, every episode brings forth many different emotions". Well, that is how I feel about this show. I find myself crying one minute, and elated the next. Words of wisdom from the priest make me realize what pain is about, and a smile and a flirt between Kevin and the journalist make me realize there is always hope that love is blind.

What I got from next week's preview is that, perhaps, the Devil has learned about God talking to Joan, and has decided to deceive her in order to counter God. Joan was shown talking to the priest and he said something about the Devil often representing himself as God. I cant believe that the Devil would have made all of these good things happen in Joan's life, simply to have her destroy/betray a friend.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

sure he would, thats a typical thing that Satan would do, do a bunch of nice little things so that you can build up for the big nasty slap down rotten thing to seal the soul going to hell deal.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Quote Originally Posted by mrdobolina
    perhaps, the Devil has learned about God talking to Joan, and has decided to deceive her in order to counter God
    not to get all theological but .. God has a history of testing his believers. How much do you love me, will you do everything I ask, kinda thing.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

thats all this show needs to jump the shark, a God with an insecurity complex
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

That was so sad! I can't believe she actually resorted to destroying it. Now Adam hates her...he still wants to quit school. She lost her best friend. The trailer for next week's episode didn't show anything involving Adam. What's gonna happen to them??? I hated seeing the dumb parents dance at the end...I wanted resolve to Joan and Adam!

ahhh, Mike! I liked the dance Although I did want a better ending involvong Adam.

Although I liked this episode, it didn't seem as well put togeter as the previous ones. It was almost like they were trying to get oo much in, and it would up meaning things got cut.

They needed more on Grace being upset about Joan visiting. More of Jane trying to explain to Adam... why let him go off like that?

You're right Mike, next week it seems to e all Joan.... Adam better be back.

Also, I guess the one cop is gone for good. I like the new woman, but I liked him too!
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

lessons learned

An interesting show about having to do a bad thing in order to accomplish a greater good. Don't try this at home kids, there are no guarrantees that it works at all. The part with Grace has to be the start of a continueing story, hope that they have Adam and Jane kiss and make up. Wonder if Dad loses his job down the line or if the Police Commision takes his side against the mayor(who in my mind thinks that the town is his personal hobby/playground and everyone has to play by his rules cause its his ball

Ohhh yes...Grace! I almost forgot about her. That whole situation could lead to a good Grace-centric episode.

+ Reply to Thread