+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 66 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757 ... LastLast

Thread: Joan of Arcadia

I flip flop on her dating Adam. I like him, but it could turn out to ruin a good friendship
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I missed this week (darn work related conference)
    I'm going to try to find a recap somewhere. I agree with you though cali, I dont want to see Joan and Adam dating. I think they need the support of the frienship they share much more than they need 'romantic entanglements' It seems that Adam has enough to worry about and really, with all of god's demands on Joan will she have the time to dedicate to her puppy love? (we all remember how intense puppy love can be.. all consuming, if I remember correctly)
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Was the Joan & Adam dating thing because he gives her the little cheerleader? I missed last week (stupid VCR!) and I'm guessing this was in the promos?

Well, I'm on the West coast so I guess it's no spoilers (unless you're in Hawaii). I'm not sure he has a crush on her or what since he can't get her name right. But he did seem to be into her a little.

Actually, I thought the funniest thing tonight was when the younger brother works up his courage to ask Grace to be his science partner, and without missing a beat Adam answers "sure." Grace hadn't even heard.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Tonight's show was great. I've missed two episodes, and I really wish I'd seen those...
    The cheer at the end was hilarious! This is a great show.
    BTW, I missed the first ep. Why is Joan's brother in a wheelchair, or I mean what happened to put him in one?

Glenna - it happened before the show starts, but I gather he was in a car accident. Come to think of it, I don't think they delved into detail much. (Correct me if I missed something!) The show is supposed to be one year after he's been injured.

I'm glad the younger brother is getting a little air time. The cheer was great! And the 2 brothers' chat about if you're gay if you like a lesbian...it was funny but poignant. Hard to remember being that young. The funny thing is, I don't remember knowing what a gay person was at that age. It's a different world!

That talk was fantastic... "...don't make me walk you through this again"

Yes, the end cheer was great! Go Joan.

I love that her brother is talking to Grace.

I think Adam does have a crush on Jane But will be perfectly happy to be friends too. He likes her company. I think it's hilarious that he calls her Jane. My son has had a friend for the last 4 years who has alwyas called him Joey. He calls me Joey's Mom.

No, my son is not named Joey
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Well, I watched most of last night's episode, but I was otherwise occupied some of the time. I felt so bad for that girl, Brenna. I'm glad that Joan asked her if she's alright because I knew the other cheerleaders wouldn't be caring enogh to do so. I missed the end...that cheer that Joan did...did she make the team? Or was she mocking them in the cheer and didn't make it?

She was mocking the cheerleaders, especially the ditzy head cheerleader, for ignoring Brianna's problem. I don't know if I like her publically humiliating the head cheerleader, but it works because they made the cheeleader girl into someone very 2-dimensional and selfish. (I just keep in the back of my mind that sometimes what you are in high school has nothing to do with the rest of your life.)

I thought the very end where the mom made her point about who the father of the baby was was well done, especially when she said no one asked about the father.

The cheerleaders (in the show) were self-centered and didn't show one ounce of care for Brianna, who was one of their own. So no, I had no problem that Joan publicly humiliated them. That was a very cute cheer by Joan, too.

I get this feeling that Grace has a crush on Joan, but then again, she could be a really good friend who just wants the best for Joan.

I got the same feeling about her having a crush.

It was so sad when Joan asked Breanna if she was okay and Breana said, you're the only one who's asked me that. I wonder if HS kids are really that uncaring nowadays. I guess a lot has changed since I was in HS. Come to thank of it, it's been eleven years! I feel old...

+ Reply to Thread