+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 66 FirstFirst ... 15555657585960616263646566 LastLast

Thread: Joan of Arcadia

Save Joan of Arcadia!

Help save Joan of Arcadia........

Sign the petition at http://www.petitiononline.com/savejoan/petition.html

Thanks!

I know these online petitions rarely work, but come on PAX....aren't you paying attention? Here's a show about a teen who talks to God! A quality show, no less!

I signed.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

I was watching "Mutant X" and "Andromeda" at their usual syndicated time, 1 and 2am respectively Sunday night/Monday morning wondering what these shows offer that a Joan of Arcadia lacks (not that I don't enjoy them now, but initially I thought they were both trash bin offerings).

What does it take to put a show out for sydication when the networks turn up their nose? They can't be generating more of a viewship than Joan did playing at these odd hours, or at least I'd be shocked if that were the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster
    I was watching "Mutant X" and "Andromeda" at their usual syndicated time, 1 and 2am respectively Sunday night/Monday morning wondering what these shows offer that a Joan of Arcadia lacks (not that I don't enjoy them now, but initially I thought they were both trash bin offerings).

What does it take to put a show out for sydication when the networks turn up their nose? They can't be generating more of a viewship than Joan did playing at these odd hours, or at least I'd be shocked if that were the case.
    Hard to believe but quality doesn't seem to matter- it's all about being #1. "Winning sweeps" is all they think about. It almost makes me want to stop watching the big 3.

Thanks Gypsygirl. I'm going to sign right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster
    What does it take to put a show out for sydication
    I thought they had to have more than 100 episodes - that's why shows celebrate #100, they can be taken into syndication after that
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

So it appears that Ghost Whisperer (Lover/Groupie/Whatever) may be taking Joan's spot on Friday.

Is it different enough to be a palatable substitution for those that enjoyed Joan of Arcadia? I doubt it. Somewhat different sure, "I not only see dead people, I send 'em on down their path" following presumably heartwarming interaction with them and those they left behind, but there had better be something in addition to Jennifer Love Hewitt to make this "Ghost" retread idea attractive or its a dead show walking before it ever airs.

FORT Fogey
    I can't believe they cancelled this show! It was the only good show on Friday night.

~*Sawyer's Love slave*~ sydneysummers's Avatar
    ~*I loved JOA and even though last season was a bit uneven and Adam cheating broke my heart I wanted it to last. I will not watch Ghost Whisperer . I have a show like that on Monday called Medium. Plus I am mad that they cancelled JOA for Jennifer Love Hewitt!
    *Maeby*"I drugged him not to go all the way with him"
    *George Michael*"I think even the antidrug people would be okay with that"

CCL
    There was an article about Les Moonves, the president of CBS, in a magazine last week (I think the New York Times magazine). He said that he cancelled JOA because it got too dark and people didn't like that. Which is true (it was better in the first season) but you would think that they would have maybe given it a chance to turn itself around. They keep crappier shows around all the time.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread