+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 66 FirstFirst ... 135354555657585960616263646566 LastLast

Thread: Joan of Arcadia

While the general population may be aging, the younger viewers have more disposable income. So that's where the priority is-- advertisers need people who will buy their crap without much question of cost vs. benefit. Thoughtful shows like this are the usual casualties.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

FORT Fan
    Man! Couldn't they at least do a 2 hour movie to bring some closure? That is not an ending to a show at all. It was written like they assumed the show was coming back.

Maybe we could all send emails to cbs asking for a movie?

Just when they brought in true evil and it seemed that next season would be a great one good vs evil in true form. I will miss this show

i still am so upset. i just thought it was a great show in a lousy time slot. maybe the season 2 dvd will have something... and extra episode or something to wrap up. never know... maybe they filmed in advance? yeah, i know... i'm wishful thinking.

'Arcadia' Star OK With Cancellation

WASHINGTON (AP) - Amber Tamblyn is philosophical about the cancellation of her CBS series "Joan of Arcadia.""I loved it for what it was and it's gone and that's sad, but that's the way it goes," said the 22-year-old actress, who portrayed a teen who performed godly chores for those revealing themselves as God.

Tamblyn said she was happy to do two seasons of "a really incredible show than like eight years on a mediocre, not-so-good show."

Of her co-stars Joe Mantegna, Mary Steenburgen and Jason Ritter, the actress said: "I'm really going to miss everybody. It's like a family there. I love them, but that's life, I guess."

Tamblyn got the news before an interview with AP Radio for her new movie, "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants," due in theaters on June 1.

"People had kind of known it was on the bubble, I think, so it was kind of there, kind of like an iffy thing," she said.

CBS is filling the Friday time slot with "Ghost Whisperer," starring Jennifer Love Hewitt as a woman who talks to dead people.

"I think talking to ghosts may skew younger than talking to God," CBS Chairman Leslie Moonves said Wednesday.
    http://apnews.myway.com//article/200...D8A6800O1.html

Quote Originally Posted by sher
    i still am so upset. i just thought it was a great show in a lousy time slot. maybe the season 2 dvd will have something... and extra episode or something to wrap up. never know... maybe they filmed in advance? yeah, i know... i'm wishful thinking.
    You never know, Sher...maybe there's a JoA reunion movie in the cards somewhere down the road...

Keep hope alive...

I hate that JoA is getting cancelled...I know the 2nd season wasn't as strong as the 1st, but I thought the storyline was looking good for next season.

American Dreams & now Joan...

i'll try to keep my false hope alive as long as possible, lobie.

and no kidding, wakkadakka. i think pretty much any show that is aimed at an audience of what... 18-35... is pretty much given a death sentence when airing at 7 on a friday night.

Maybe FOX,ABC,NBC, or USA,FX,PAX could pick up Joan it's a great series what did CBS want more Reality shows or inane comedy programs

I am completely devestated by this.

They use to bump the show from the air even within this time slot all the time -- you'd go to turn it on, and it would be something else airing .. and then you'd see an episode and be told .. next time on .. and be given a date 3 weeks later ..

They should really have moved it to a different night/time slot before giving it the axe this way. For some reason, it's almost guarenteed these days that if the writing is good -- the actors are good -- and it's critically aclaimed -- it's going to get trashed .. for more -- desperate housewives style programing.

+ Reply to Thread