+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1151525354555657585960616263646566 LastLast

Thread: Joan of Arcadia

Quote Originally Posted by sher
    yeah, you guys didn't ask who my fave gods were, did you?
    And yet, we're glad you told us. I was tickled to see Amber's father as a guest God, but my favorite is the lady who played Mrs. Landingham on "The West Wing" and Mrs. McClusky on "Desperate Housewives".

Not too surprising Amber wants the show to go in a darker direction: her Dad was on "Twin Peaks", one of the darkest shows ever.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Well I missed the last three shows and see I missed alot, especially the announcement that it was the season ending one last friday. I was starting to get bored with it due to the conflicts that dad was having at work with his boss. And the way he always kept everything close and didn't invovle his wife thus creating conflict between them when he acted wierd from internal stress. Hope I can catch the summer reruns to catch up. There should be a season three... 8 million is good for friday night early, but then again... its CBS who cancelled Nash Bridges on the day of their season finale, and Maximum Bob after 6 shows.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

i'm still missing the young guy that was one of the first to play god on the show - or he might have been the first. the dude in the cordoroy jacket that she danced with at her party. he was my fave, with the little girl in glasses that walked joan home being my second fave. then i like her dad the dogwalker. yeah, you guys didn't ask who my fave gods were, did you?
    You're right, sher. What did happen to the cute-looking God? He was my favorite too. I also liked the little girl with glasses and the Goth kid.

I think they took 'cute' god out of rotation after Joan confessed an attraction to him. I could be wrong.
    That was the form that god took to get her attention in the first place isn't it? I think the two that get through to Joan the most are little girl god and old lady god - they are my faves .. little girl god sure is growing up her cute little face sure changed between the beginning of the series and the finale.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

i actually thought the season finale was weak. it was more like a season opener to me, leaving us with many possibilities for what could happen next, but wrapping up nothing. it seemed the entire episode was set up to introduce ryan rather than really tell us anything new. that's fine and all IF there were a show to watch this week to continue the story line... but if they take the show off the air, well, what a sucky way to end.

anyway, that being said, i like the introduction of good vs. evil... but joan won't be slaying satan and winning any wars. she'll just be fighting battles with servants of satan. even if they let her meet satan himself, she couldn't slay him - at least if it follows the bible at all. slaying satan isn't her job.

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    A mortal who is followed by gale-force winds everywhere he goes..........
    I don't know hardly anybody like that.
    Sure you do... his initials are GWB...

i actually thought the season finale was weak. it was more like a season opener to me, leaving us with many possibilities for what could happen next, but wrapping up nothing. it seemed the entire episode was set up to introduce ryan rather than really tell us anything new. that's fine and all IF there were a show to watch this week to continue the story line... but if they take the show off the air, well, what a sucky way to end.

anyway, that being said, i like the introduction of good vs. evil... but joan won't be slaying satan and winning any wars. she'll just be fighting battles with servants of satan. even if they let her meet satan himself, she couldn't slay him - at least if it follows the bible at all. slaying satan isn't her job.
    Yeah, I am still waiting to find out what happens between Brian and Angela. Jordan Catalano doesn't deserve her any more.

As feared, the hatchet dropped:

CBS Cancels 'Judging Amy,' 'Arcadia'

NEW YORK - CBS on Wednesday canceled "Judging Amy," "Joan of Arcadia" and the Wednesday edition of "60 Minutes" as the nation's most popular network tries to attract younger viewers.

The network will add two new comedies and four new dramas next season, including a series in which Jennifer Love Hewitt talks to dead people.

"Two and a Half Men," the highest-rated situation comedy left on broadcast television, will move into the 9 p.m. Monday slot vacated by "Everybody Loves Raymond," which drew a series-high 33 million viewers to its finale this week.

CBS is again the most-watched network and this season will narrowly miss beating Fox among the youthful 18-to-49-year-old demographic prized by advertisers. If Fox hadn't aired the Super Bowl this season, CBS said, it would have won.

Four of the five prime-time CBS programs with the oldest audience were removed from the schedule. CBS also canceled the Jason Alexander comedy "Listen Up" and the long-running military drama "JAG" stopped production. The Sunday "60 Minutes" remains as the CBS show with the oldest audience.

"We want to win it all," said Leslie Moonves, CBS chairman.

The Wednesday spinoff to "60 Minutes" was doomed by low ratings, not its controversial story last fall about President Bush's military service, Moonves said. With "48 Hours Mysteries" on Saturday, CBS has two remaining newsmagazines.

The failure of "Joan of Arcadia," which received an Emmy nomination and critical acclaim in its first season but faded this year, was one of his biggest disappointments, Moonves said.

CBS is trying two supernatural stories on Friday nights. "Threshold" features a team of experts called in when the Navy discovers aliens have landed in the Atlantic Ocean. Hewitt's "Ghost Whisperer," reminiscent of NBC's "Medium," is about a woman who conveys messages from dead people to the living.

"I think talking to ghosts may skew younger than talking to God," Moonves said.

With its crime dramas continuing to work well, CBS will add "Criminal Minds," a thriller about FBI profilers who try to stop criminals, and "Close to Home," with Jennifer Finnigan (NBC's "Committed) starring as a suburban prosecutor.

"King of Queens" returns to CBS's Monday comedy lineup, joined by two new shows: "How I Met Your Mother," a "Friends"-like romantic story created by two of David Letterman's former writers; and "Out of Practice," about a dysfunctional family of doctors, created by the team behind "Frasier."

CBS made no changes to its enormously successful Thursday lineup, where "Survivor" and "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" reign supreme.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/s/ap/tv_new_season

Typical heartless TV execs. The irony of Moonves' statement is massive. If I were to comment, everyone would think we were in sociology class.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Damn. I loved this show the first season and was hoping it would get a chance to get back on track.

That sucks. Joan was one of my favorite shows. I just wish it had been on another night rather than Friday, which is the busiest night of the week for me.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

+ Reply to Thread