+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 66 FirstFirst ... 74748495051525354555657585960616263646566 LastLast

Thread: Joan of Arcadia

Last night Grace brought up some good points. For the past two years God has asked Joan to do some strange and unusual things, and although friends and family don't say much about her behaviour, they notice. It has made her stand out, especially since she hasn;'t offered up any explanations for her odd actions.
    I thought it odd that God couldn't or wouldn't bring Adam back, but the evil guy did. It was pretty creepy when Joan noticed Ryan Hunter noticing God the State Trooper, then it looked like God was backing away. Funny how quickly Adam was affected by this evil guy.

I'm so confused. When did they say he was evil? I missed that! I thought he looked evil, but then he was giving the impression that he was a good guy.

Well, I may have been jumping to conclusions, but when they started playing Sympathy For The Devil, it made me think this Ryan Hunter might not be a good guy.

Nothing good about Ryan, hope he's as evil as the attitude that was exuding from him while he locked eyes with God.

It wasn't at all a nice suggestion from Grace that Joan was partly responsible for Adam's actions. She said he didn't know where he stood, which I can accept, but he could have made it a point to either find out or dump Joan if she's considered too flighty to hang with rather than figuring he could keep her while sampling more available treats.

Momgirl has such a victimized personality at times it wasn't shocking to learn that she actually had been at one point. I understood her reaction to the realization that this was another conversion of convienience, but thought she did the right thing going back; not for her attacker, but for her.

It is incredible the way both her husband and son acted. I would like to see her kick some ass for their transgressions. First they're in her face again and again when she's made it patently clear that she wants them to back off, and them Will has the lowlife audacity of sharing something with his son that wasn't his to share to begin with. That was a scummy decision.

I was surprised that brainiac bro decided to get stoned along with his bud. He went too far in my opinion when he took his friends stash, that's something he should have left for his friend to determine to do. Initially I thought they were building up to where tight britches bro would have to decide whether he could still consider his sidekick a friend if he decided to keep experimenting with pot. I suppose that may still happen, but I didn't expect him to try it as well in the meantime.

"Sympathy for the Devil" by the Rolling Stones played everytime it showed Ryan. Ryan is definitely Lucifer in the show & it's interesting how Adam is drawn to him isn't it? Maybe it is showing why Adam wanted to bang the other chick while dating Joan? He has entered the "darkside".

I think the theme of the show was the evil side of people. Adam hanging out with the devil. Helen dealing with her rapist. Joan's brother smoking pot. I just had a feeling we were seeing good vs evil on this show.

I have one question....why did Ryan say "I wondered why he wanted me to go hiking on a day like today"(or something to that effect) when he showed up at the ranger station with Adam? I took it to mean that Ryan is another person that God talks to? Not that he is the Devil?
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

I think Joan thinks Ryan is another person that talks to God, but I do believe he is Lucifer or one of his dark soliders. Also, Ryan was wearing a red jacket. Something that made me go Hmmmmmm.

I loved it when Joan asked God if he could give Sean Penn a sense of humor.

Thats what I got out of it too mrdob.
    I thought Ryan was sent by God and the ranger was evil incarnate. If God knows Joan's name the devil would too - that's the only way that Joan identifys the new forms of God.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    I think Joan thinks Ryan is another person that talks to God, but I do believe he is Lucifer or one of his dark soliders. Also, Ryan was wearing a red jacket. Something that made me go Hmmmmmm.

I loved it when Joan asked God if he could give Sean Penn a sense of humor.
    I loved her comment on Sean Penn also!

I have the same take on Joan thinking Ryan is another person like her; but am thinking there must be some sort of God/Evil code of ethics, where God won't spell it all out for Joan- that's something that she will have to figure out on her own, maybe

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl
    I but am thinking there must be some sort of God/Evil code of ethics
    ... yes, Evil's code of ethics... OK, one that only God has to stick to.

+ Reply to Thread