+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 66 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364 ... LastLast

Thread: Joan of Arcadia

They are coming back with 4 new episodes on April 1st...I just hope they don't tell us that the new episodes are an April Fool's joke and the show is cancelled.

No need to get excited .. they do this to us loyal viewers all the time. After the Feb sweeps they go into a month of repeats or no episodes. It's a real kick in the pants but after all of these years, we know to expect it. There is nothing new on tv for the next couple of weeks - it really sucks. I guess they don't want to waste their 'quality' programming during spring break season.
    .. like all of us get a spring break or something :rolleyes
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

There seems to be a bunch of basketball on too.

Last night when we were going to watch my husband asked me if I even liked it anymore. I kind of shrugged and said I was hoping it would get back to whatever it was that made it so good last year. When we realized it wasn't on neither of us were all that concerned
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

same thing here Cali, I tape it to watch over the weekend and then end up not watching it. Have the same problem with 24 too, they just aren't holding my interest as much.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Quote Originally Posted by Marley
    They are coming back with 4 new episodes on April 1st...I just hope they don't tell us that the new episodes are an April Fool's joke and the show is cancelled.
    3 words: sports, sports, sports!

CBS is hosting, this happens every year at this time. It's OK, Joan will be back.

I agree that the writers love to pull apart Joan and Adam and then reel them back in. ARRRRGH. I hate that. But, they have already worked that angle, it wouldn't be good to keep using the same idea over and over- so I don't think it will happen that way.

I think Adam and Joan will definitely part ways. They're cute together and all but ...
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Looks like the show is up for cancellation. If they break up Joan & Adam again, it might be for good.

They need to get back to what made the show so refreshing last year. There have been some really good episodes this year and some blah ones. I'm frankly not sure what I think about tonight's episode. It doesn't help that I missed the first twenty minutes. I liked Joan and Adam together, and I hate it when tv shows break up couples just for the drama. The Adam who thought it would be okay to have casual sex with Bonnie while still dating and supposedly in love with "Jane" is a foreign being to the Adam we knew last year. If they were going to have them break up over sex or the lack there of then have him dump her because she won't sleep with him and then start sleeping with whomever. I'm also not very excited about the previews for next week. Something happens between Joan and the immature highschool counselor who still lives with his mother and tried to tell Joan she wasn't good enough to go to college? Yikes. I guess this is her "revenge" on Adam for cheating on her.

Tonight's episode had some really touching moments though. The end, where Joan puts her head on the bookstore lady God's head, it brought me to tears. I think Adam is moving on. That last shot of him crying was his parting shot to show all those casting agents he's got what it takes to do some serious acting.

I agree Adam is totally different from last year, but to the show's credit they are in high school. He went from romantic dope to horny idiot in a year. It happens. From the way he was so torn up, it seemed like Joan represented a kind of safety in his world where he had none. I see some definite mother-son love going on in their relationship.

Anyways, I'm ready for it to rev it up a little. Time to explain the creepy twins from last season and start seeing Joan kick some spiritual ass.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

You are right corprip. I loved that last scene with Joan and bookstore lady god. My only probably with that particular version of god is that I just see Mrs. Landingham from West Wing.

+ Reply to Thread