+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: Joan of Arcadia

Glad they are finally showing more episodes of the caliber as last year's!
    I was getting worried myself, but after this week's episode I hope they realize what made this show so great!

Also this week, Adam says he's going for an overnight trip to some college to check it out. Joan wants to go with him but had the community service. He brushes her off and says never mind, it's hard for him to be alone in a room with her overnight anyways.

Further in the show Joan sees Adam walking down the street. She confronts him and he says the trip was cancelled. They have words about why he didn't call her and he tells her he just wanted a night to himself.

Then when he comes to where Joan is doing community service, he meets a girl there Joan was trying to help. She is really gothic looking (I think that's the name of the look) and had done a big mural on a back wall. He convinces her to go see Joans mum with him and to join the art class. I don't know, but I pick up a sort of future romance vibe from them. Anyone else get that?

The funniest scene of the show was when the ex nun Lily was mouthing off to Joan about her life and god and how she doesn't know where god is anymore. And one of the homeless guys (who god is currently using to talk to Joan) keeps trying to get her attention and she keeps brushing him off, while continuing to rant to Joan about god. Joan's like, Maybe god is all around you, In other people trying to reach out. With significant looks at the homeless guy/god. Homeless god says to ex nun, I'm sorry, but there's no coffee. She turns around and blasts him with, Ok, do I look like your secretary

CCL
    So, am I the only one who thinks the "troubled artist girl" is going to prove to be a kink in Joan and Adam's relationship, especially with the confusion/uncertainty that they have going on right now?
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

oooh Thanks katkitty and ozjod for recapping for me. It sounds like I missed a good episode. Friday nights are always busy, but I can't believe it slipped my mind.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

Quote Originally Posted by CCL
    So, am I the only one who thinks the "troubled artist girl" is going to prove to be a kink in Joan and Adam's relationship, especially with the confusion/uncertainty that they have going on right now?
    I'm with you on that. Adam is totally drifting away (c'mon over here honey, I promise I won't tell my mommy.)

I wonder if it's going to work out in the end, or if Adam is moving on in general (like off the show.)
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

God kept telling Joan to pay attention, and she didn't question the used rollers. But Adam discovered what she was using them for, and she didn't even notice that Adam was interested.

I do have a feeling Adam will find more in common with a shy artist. I was never happy with their relationship anyway - I liked it better when she was alone. I just feel zero chemistry between them, and their time as an established couple hasn't changed my mind.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

The other significant things this week were that the budget committee at the school cut the art class funding and the immature vice principal gloated about it to the mom..especially after catching her asking Adam for his opinion on her latest painting. She thinks about quitting teaching (wimp!) and going to art school. Joan didn't find Luke a job at the bookstore - he was filling in for her while she did community service. He runs into a famous (but largely unheralded) scientist with whom he discusses string theory. Luke has just made some discovery in the field himself which was why he was so upset about not winning the science award. Famous scientist has scribblings about the theory on bits of paper when he's fishing out change and Luke realizes it's all about continuing the work and not the glory. I loved this episode because it went back to the old format of Joan's actions causing a chain of reactions that help others. This week she doesn't see the changes so doubts God and the message is that faith is believing even when you can't see the connections. We, however, see that the result of God's nudge (pick up the egg carton - community service) is that Goth girl finds her niche, Luke has his epiphany about science, Lily and Kevin hook back up, and Mom finds that teaching isn't all about her. (duh!) Best quote of the week: when mom tells Will about the art cuts and says art isn't important, Will says, "Tell that to the Louvre!". ha.
    Count your blessings!

The funniest scene of the show was when the ex nun Lily was mouthing off to Joan about her life and god and how she doesn't know where god is anymore. And one of the homeless guys (who god is currently using to talk to Joan) keeps trying to get her attention and she keeps brushing him off, while continuing to rant to Joan about god. Joan's like, Maybe god is all around you, In other people trying to reach out. With significant looks at the homeless guy/god. Homeless god says to ex nun, I'm sorry, but there's no coffee. She turns around and blasts him with, Ok, do I look like your secretary
    Great analogy by the writers!

So the question is: how many of us are taking this week's lesson into our own life? The student who is acting out for attention, the son or daughter who could use help with homework, the sibling who would love a letter or e-mail, the co-worker we never have time for, etc?
    Count your blessings!

What?

No new episodes until April 1st?! It's not going to be cancelled is it? I heard that the ratings were dropping.
    Favorite Reality Tv Quote Ever:
    "You have to do it. You have to accomplish your dreams." - Charla, The Amazing Race 5

+ Reply to Thread