+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 66 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast

Thread: Joan of Arcadia

Quote Originally Posted by sher
    i absolutely love love love this show. which terrifies me to some extent, b/c whenever i love a show and look forward to it, it invariably gets cancelled prematurely.
    Oh, I hope not! I'm really liking this show too. You are right, they cast it so well and all the characters are getting a little time and are interesting, except maybe the younger brother (getting the screen time thing, not that he's not interesting). I like the gimmick of God being anyone but I think the "young" God has something about him that seems believable.

I think the critics like it too. Yay!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Yes, it is a great show, and the critics appear to love it....but are the ratings there??

I agree with everyone, I love this show. I really like the philosophical discussions that "God", in all his/her forms, has with Joan. How many people on this planet need to learn that it is indeed a causal universe, and that actions always have consequences?? A lot, if you ask me.

I really loved Kevin and Joan's conversation in her bedroom. The acting is excellent, and when he said "if you need me to roll over someone, just let me know" I just about pissed my pants. Jason Ritter is playing the part of a parapalagic, seemingly, flawlessly. I keep wondering if he is indeed in a wheelchair in real life, but I have decided that he must not be if they have scenes where he is walking(dream sequence) and if they are going to ever have him walk on the show. He just handles the wheelchair so well.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

nope, he's not in a wheelchair in real life. he was recently in some horror flick, too, but since i don't watch horror movies, i couldn't tell you which one. might have been the jason vs. freddy or whatever.
    but yes, he really is awesome.

Amber Tamblyn was the girl who died in the beginning of The Ring! It just started at 10 on Cinemax. She seemed so familiar. Also, she was in an episode of Buffy from season 6 when Dawn snuck out with her friend Janice (Amber Tamblyn) on Halloween to hook up with those 2 guys who were actually vampires. The episode is called "All The Way." I love these coincidences.

It's wild when you re-watch something and recognize someone. Jennifer Aniston was on an episode of Quantum Leap. Freaked me out when I saw it as a repeat

Tomorrows episode looks good!

just trying to get myself back on topic
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Quote Originally Posted by Mdrio9
    Amber Tamblyn was the girl who died in the beginning of The Ring! It just started at 10 on Cinemax.
    I watched a little bit of the Ring on Cinemax, and I was like: There's Joan!

The show is starting. What an unlikely trio of friends that Joan and her 2 science geek friends make.

I like that kid Adam, but I wonder what burdens he bears.

I thought this was a GREAT episode

She was so freakin' cute building that boat. We're were rollin' over here.

I love her two friends too.

I did think it kind off odd that her mom didn't talk to her about skipping class (if she works at the school, you figure the attendance office would ask her first )

I really shouldn’t pick the show apart with the little things, because really I find it a thoroughly entertaining hour of TV that we can all watch together.

I love that God looks so different each time.

Next weeks episode looks intense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mdrio9
    I like that kid Adam, but I wonder what burdens he bears.
    On the second episode, Adam mention to Joan something about seeing/talking to "angels" but then he quickly made it sound like he was joking. That could be one of his burdens, but he's probably got a few more burdens on top of that. II like Adam too. He comes across as a very carying guy.

Quote Originally Posted by cali
    I did think it kind off odd that her mom didn't talk to her about skipping class (if she works at the school, you figure the attendance office would ask her first )
    I hadn't thought of that, but now that you mention, it is weird that mom wouldn't say anything to her.

Also, I didn't think she was still working at the bookstore, because there was no mention of it after she was nearly abducted. But obviously she still is since she had to lock up.

Oh, and I agree Cali that it was so cute having Joan build the boat. She was using duct tape!!! The good thing is that it brought dad and son closer together in the end.

And what of that Mr. Price? He's got some kind of evil mojo on the kids.

yeah...Mr. Price... interesting. I bet he will come into play a lot in future episodes.

+ Reply to Thread