+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 66 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565 ... LastLast

Thread: Joan of Arcadia

i so love this show. like many of the people that posted above me, this episode really got to me... from the beginning with joan's dream of rocky and adam then when she looked on page 14 of the metro section and started crying. i was right there with her. i cried at the funeral, but in the same way joan was crying - as she laughed. and oh... when adam came over in the morning and took out the letter and called her "jane." omg... it was killing me. and the way after joan handed her mom the letter to read out loud, how adam went over to stand right next to joan instead of keeping his distance as if he were strong enough to handle the situation. man, i loved every minute of it. and i LOVED the kiss in the snowing feathers. i wanted them to kiss. i guess the way i saw the whole thing was that joan wouldn't have gotten so upset about losing him as a friend if she didn't have deeper feelings for him. she was crazy about his art and loved that he called her jane. they just made sense to me. and i loved how they filmed the kiss. he reached for her arm, but took his hand away, all unsure. and she had a big wide smile on her face as they got closer. i thought it was perfect.

I'll agree with everything you said, sher!

I am so glad I took a chance on this show. I was skeptical when I first saw the commercial previews, then I warmed up to the idea, and when it premiered, I set it up on my DVR to record every instance of the show. It is truly a great drama, week after week. It makes you laugh, and cry, and think about life, instead of just going through the paces of life. I would almost compare this to a weekly "It's a Wonderful Life" because it makes you think about each tiny ripple, cause and effect, and purpose of each life in the world.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

I just want to post a to what everyone has said about the show so far and about the most recent episode in particular. The show is a definite "must see" at our house, and if we know that we're not gonna be home, well...thank God for TiVo is all I have to say.

I thought this most recent episode was one of the best (if not the best) episodes yet. I laughed...I cried...I was all over the emotional map.

I'd love to see Amber Tamblyn win at the Golden Globes next week...

Another new one this evening

Recreation
    60 mins.

The kids arrange for Will and Helen to go away for a relaxing weekend at a spa, something Will's hesitant to do because of a pending meth-lab bust. Meanwhile, God tells Joan that she deserves to have some fun, and with her parents out of town, she should throw a house party; and Rebecca (Sydney Tamiia Poitier) offers Kevin encouragement in both his career and his romantic chances with her. Cute Boy God: Kris Lemche. Friedman: Aaron Himelstein. Glynis: Megeina Tovah. Toni: April Grace.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

When God tells you to party, well, gosh darn it, you better party!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Yeah... I'd believe my daughter if she told me that!

Quote Originally Posted by mrdobolina
    When God tells you to party, well, gosh darn it, you better party!
    This should be an intresting episode. Get to see if Bear taught him anything about wheelchair hanky panky. And I would like to see the motive behind the party...besides getting wasted.

Spoilers for 1-16-03 episode

I still don't get why she had to have a party for this lesson.

I realize a few posts up that I said I didn't like the idea of Adam and Joan together, but after tonight, I've changed my mind and WANT to see them together.

I don't think this week's was as well written as last weeks. The whole Sap thing was too goofy. Why couldn't it have been a great time with the same conversation at the end. I mean really, is some hotel manager going to ground me , but let me stay because I've already paid? Hell no. He's going to give me my money back and I'm outa there.

I liked all the scenes with Kevin

Adam is cuter every week.

The party was there to save the officer's lives. They were ready to go in for the bust and would have gone up with that house if not called away to the party. Yes, they could have just been sitting there while it exploded, waiting on the word to go in, but it would not have shown how everything is connected. Butterfly beating it's wings and all.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

+ Reply to Thread