+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 66 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262 ... LastLast

Thread: Joan of Arcadia

I hear you Ilikai, but I guess I just don't agree with forcing Joan to get a driver's license was an important lesson. I just don't see her fear of getting behind the wheel as something that needed to be overcome when she's so young. I don't see it as a "needless worry" - it's a rational and sensible, not just for her but for anyone who drives. Plus, what's the big hurry? Taking the bus or riding a bike aren't bad options, especially for a teenager.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Just wait and watch, she will have needed to overcome that fear in the future for some reason and won't have the time then to do it, Remember...God said everything he has her do, causes repercussions that she doesn't know about all the time.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

...relating my own life to the life of a fictional character..
    I wanted my drivers license when I was 16, I didn't get it because of the same reasons Joan was afraid.. I didn't think it was important. Now I am a 33 yr old mother of 1 that has to call a cab or catch a bus to go shopping/go to the doctor's/dentist/pharmacy/market, while our car sits in the driveway (hubby is sleeping for graveyard shift)
    I'm glad Joan was made to face up to her fears, she wins in the long run.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

12/12 show

So God has Joan ask the school bully to the dance. By the end of the show you realize that this kid needs some pscychiatric help, mental abuse from dad and stepdad have taken their toll on him. That VP is really pissing me off. He does nothing but browbeat the kids every chance he gets and I am surprised that Mom hasn't figured that out and jumped his butt about his attitude. Good thing he isn't the guidance counselor.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

The guy playing Ramsey was so good, you could almost feel his pain and turmoil. Does anyone remember him from old Kate and Allie show? He also played Shillenger's son on Oz?
    If Joan had a regular family, she'd be written off as a problem teen, or someone who needs "professional help". Just seeing then all looking at her and demanding answers for her bizarre behaviour, when she really cant give them any, is hard to watch.

That was a really powerful episode. Wow!

I wonder if we'll get to find out why Adam used to be this guy's friend and why he was beating him up in the first scene.

You cringe every time God asks her to do something that will hurt Adam again but it comes around for the right reason. I wonder if a fallout effect is that Adam is being drawn out of his grief for his mom.

Great show! Looks like next week must be a repeat.

What a powerful episode! I agree with cablejockey that you could feel the pain Ramsey was going through. I knew that Joan would give the guy hope by believing in him and going to the dance with him, but I hadn't seen the bigger picture until God told Joan that she stopped him from going gun-crazy on the school. That part made me cry.

Adam showed how much she cares for Joan by telling her Mom that Joan took off with Ramsey, and I really thought that at this point, he would kiss and make-up with her.

And whats with Grace and Luke? I'm not buying that she likes him that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    but I hadn't seen the bigger picture until God told Joan that she stopped him from going gun-crazy on the school. That part made me cry.
    Me too, Wolf!

And whats with Grace and Luke? I'm not buying that she likes him that way.
    I agree, Grace seems indifferent. Yet she asked about his sister first thing when she saw him at the dance.

I chalk up Grace asking about Joan cause Joan is the only real friend that she has.

I'm waiting for an episode on Grace. There's a lot of ways the show can go right now.

+ Reply to Thread