+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 66 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060 ... LastLast

Thread: Joan of Arcadia

Ugh..I missed the first 15 minutes of the show. How did God go about telling Joan to destroy Adam's sculpture?

It was really sad when Adam saw Joan trashing his sculpture. I was all throughout those scenes with Joan and Adam, and Joan and family talking about her lack of imagination. Very sad.

Mike, although, I did like the dance between Mom and Dad, I did feel like it was somehow out of place.
    I guess because I didn't like that we were left hanging about Adam's next move. I wanted to see more about what he was going through.

It's not that the dance was absolutely horrible. It's just...well me, personally, I'd prefer to see some Joan/Adam thing. I guess it was a nice, touching end between two adults in love.

This was an emotional episode for me. I felt so bad about her destroying the sculpture. And who's to say that Adam was completely wrong about quitting school? Okay, it probably was a bad idea, but I didn't see why God was essentially encouraging Adam to hide his light under a bushel by not participating in the contest.

I took it a little personally because I'm an artist, and positive reinforcement can be far and few between - especially for Adam's style of sculpture. Why would God want to keep him down?

OKay, got that off my chest. Weird episode, and I hope that Adam & Jane can be friends again. I was interested in Grace's story too.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I felt like this weeks episode is almost a 2-parter. Chief Girardi can't go down like that. Joan and Adam's friendship cant end like that. Kevin and younger bro(?)'s argument can't be over. I think we will be fully resolved next week.

I was also quite emotional when Joan wrecked the sculpture, and explained her actions to her parents. She had good intentions....but what is she going to do NEXT??
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Well it's not a two-parter, but looks more like three continueing story lines now. Dad has to decide what he is going to do about his job now. Did you notice Adam called Joan by her real name this week? And Grace and Joan are going to have problems now that she retook the test. Joan is having major teen trouble here with God making demands of her time. Still a great show though!!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

I did notice that Ili! Adam is still so pissed off at Joan that he's not calling her by her pet name anymore. Poor Joan. She can't tell her friends why she does the thing she does, and this is causing a wedge between her and her friends, but I think this is temporary.

Did anyone else think that the shrink was pretty rude during the 1st session when Luke said he felt like he was invisible and then she completely ignores him too. Well, Kevin finally got all the anger out in the open, and I'm glad he did because this was just eating away at him.

Great episode. There were no previews so I'm guess there won't be an episode this Friday.

Yeah, the shrink was a great listener eh? Loser witch. Although I'm glad that Kevin said what he needed to say, it made me feel worse for Luke. He really is getting lost in the shuffle there.
    I was rolling when Joan was trying to figure out if the shrink was God though!
    I'm also assuming there is no episode next week (this week), I haven't updated the calendar that far though. I will do that soon . I guess because it's Thanksgiving weekend here in the states
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Another great episode!! I am really glad I caved to CBS's huge marketing and started recording this series. Kevin finally gets the "huge stain on the carpet" that stresses him out in the open. A very emotional ending.

I think JofA is going to be like many TV series are for the next 4 weeks....reruns from this season. November sweeps are over. Holidays are here. Hopefully Joan won't be gone for too long. I am hoping for a touching, fulfilling Christmas episode.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

My thought on the shrink was that they had decided to go with a "cheap" shrink and they didn't want someone who was too on the ball.

I feel bad for Joan right now since she's alienated her misfit friends, but I think there was probably a reason she learned Grace is the daughter of a rabbi and something interesting should happen there.

I hate to see it go to reruns already but on the other hand I've been telling a few people about this show and maybe they can pick it up now.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

11/28 show

Ok tonight was the repeat of the pilot episode, good for me since that night I didn't have power for 4 1/2 hours and missed it. Looks like next week will be a new episode. Joan goes for her drivers license
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

+ Reply to Thread