+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SNL Premiere 10/04 - 2 new performers, new look

SNL Premiere 10/04 - 2 new performers, new look

NBC’S EMMY WINNING 'SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE' KICKS OFF 29th SEASON PREMIERE WITH BIG STARS, TWO NEW PERFORMERS AND A NEW LOOK

Season Premiere October 4 to Feature Jack Black and Musical Guest John Mayer

October 11 Features Pop Superstar Justin Timberlake as Host and Musical Guest

October 18 Brings Oscar Winner Halle Berry and Pop Princess Britney Spears

New Opening to be directed by Cutting Edge Music Video Director Dave Meyers

SNL’s Studio 8H To Unveil New Set for Season Premiere

NEW YORK -- September 26, 2003 -- In addition to welcoming Jack Black and chart-topping musical guest John Mayer, SNL will debut two new performers, a new set and new opening sequence on its season premiere October 4 (NBC, 11:30 pm - 1:00 am ET).

Kenan Thompson and Finesse Mitchell will join the cast as featured players on the Emmy Award winning comedy-variety series.

A native of Atlanta, Georgia, Thompson made his television debut as a member of Nickelodeon’s all-kid sketch comedy series “All That.” He and his partner Kel Mitchell debuted in a spinoff show “Kenan and Kel” in 1996. Thompson also had a recurring role on the WB’s “Felicity.” Thompson’s feature film credits include “D2: The Mighty Ducks,” “Good Burger” “Rocky & Bullwinkle” and “Heavyweights” with Ben Stiller. This year, Thompson appeared in “The Boss’ Daughter” with Ashton Kutcher and will soon be seen in “Barbershop 2.” Thompson is repped by Endeavor and Tollin/Robbins Management.

Mitchell has appeared on NBC’s “Late Friday” and has made regular appearances on BET’s “Comic View.” He performs in college campuses across the country and in America’s hottest comedy clubs including the Miami Improv, The Punchline and Chris Tucker’s Comedy Café in Atlanta as well as Los Angeles’ Hollywood Improv, The Comedy Store and The Laugh Factory. Mitchell is repped by The Rath-Welker Company.

Returning to the show are Fred Armisen, Rachel Dratch, Jimmy Fallon, Tina Fey, Will Forte, Darrell Hammond, Seth Meyers Chris Parnell, Amy Poehler, Jeff Richards Maya Rudolph and Horatio Sanz.

The host line up for the show’s inaugural month is stellar. Star of the hotly anticipated comedy “School of Rock” Jack Black explodes the Season Premiere October 4 with chart-topping musical guest John Mayer (whose album “Heavier Things” debuted at No. 1). Pop superstar Justin Timberlake does double duty on October 11 as he makes his hosting and solo musical debut on the show. October 18 rounds out the month with the pairing of Oscar winner Halle Berry and music megastar Britney Spears.

In addition to new faces, viewers will see a brand new opening sequence shot by prolific video director Dave Meyers. Meyers, who’s won countless Video Music Awards for his work with Missy Misdemeanor Elliot, Jennifer Lopez, Pink and Kid Rock (to name a few) was recruited by Jim Signorelli of SNL’s Film Unit and Radical Media.

Inside Studio 8H, the set of the long-running variety show has been reconceived by the SNL scenic design team as well. It will be modeled after New York’s recently refurbished Grand Central Station.

“Saturday Night Live,” which premiered on October 11, 1975, is from SNL Studios in association with Broadway Video. The creator and executive producer is Lorne Michaels. Steve Higgins produces. Ken Aymong is supervising producer. Marci Klein and Mike Shoemaker are producers. Beth McCarthy Miller directs.

Here is Kenan Thompson, one of the new people:

[IMG]images/img/1SNLaa03.jpg[/IMG]

I recognise this guy from Kenan and Kel

I won't be seeing him again though as I have yet to even smile at SNL so won't be watching it.
    The show simply is not remotely amusing to me.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Finesse Mitchell (picture not available from NBC, I wonder why?):

The only thing I enjoy on a regular basis is Weekend Update. I love Tina Fey.

One of the best jokes from the past year was...

Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez announced their engagement. This will be the third marriage for Lopez, the first for Affleck, and the last for neither.

The Lost Prophet CashMoneySoviet's Avatar
    Tina Fey does do WU very well. I remember they did one skit about this machine that tells a persons name by how they walk. Jimmy Fallon immitated Tina Fey by doing some crazy walk, it was so great. And then she's like "I don't walk like that!" And she starts walking like that. LOL!

FORT Fogey
    Ack! Its Kenan!!! hahaha he was in D2! I remember that. Man.. I remember when Good Burger came out. I personally thought it was hilarious (okay forgive me.. I was about 8?) However, I always liked Kel better

SNL, I don't watch it much but there was a episode on during last Christmas Season with all of their greatest Christmas sketches. My favorite - they were on a radio show, and someone (Last name was schwety) was there to talk about his christmas balls. The hosts try the "Schwety balls" and go into orgasmic "mmm... you have very nice balls. Very firm." stuff like that... very funny ,IMO

I think that SNL has gotten stupid over the years probably because of the loss of such hilarious actors. Oh well

FORT Fogey
    I continue to watch SNL every year, even though it bores me endlessly, the skits just aren't laugh out loud funny anymore, there just amusing, or just plain annoying. I hope the writers get it together this year.

I pretty much stopped watching when the absolutely unfunny Horatio Sanz joined. The skits he's not in are decent, though.

He just has the unique ability to suck the comedy out of anything he touches.

It's great to see Kenan on the show. He always entertained me and hopefully he'll be featured in a lot of sketches this year.
    Indeed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast