+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Friends

k, not sure if someone answered this before, but jumping the shark did originate from the happy days series in an episode where the fonz jumped a shark on water skis. that was the death of the show.

"jumping the shark" is a defining moment when you know that your favorite tv program has reached its peak. from that instant, you know from now on, it's all downhill.

Quote Originally Posted by 2boysmom
    I completely missed the Princess Conselua Banana Hammock joke. Any help?
    Also, I forgot what "Jump the Shark" means!
    Having an idiot Thursday!
    Yep, Yellow Apple pretty much explained it. Actually I don't think Mike didn't really change his name to Crap Bag, but he threatened to, after he found out what Phoebe did. It's not as far out as it sounds.

After she changed her name back, Mike asked her if she really knew what banana hammock means. Phoebe said no. Apparently it's a type of men's speedo

Quote Originally Posted by sher
    "jumping the shark" is a defining moment when you know that your favorite tv program has reached its peak. from that instant, you know from now on, it's all downhill.
    Thanks, sher!
    I've never heard of that term before...now I know and knowing is half the battle.
    I am an avid Friends' fan...good or bad, I luv them all!

What is everyone's favorite episode?

pleasure babs! glad to have you here at the fort!!

my favorite friends episode has always been the vegas episodes where rachel gets drunk and joey asks her "how YOU doin?" and she responds, "I'm doing real good, baby. how YOU doin'?" i believe that's in the first or second part of the episode where rachel marries ross. love it!

Ohhh...Sher...love that one...and it just prompted me to respond with the bit about the marker on Ross's face! I loved that!
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Two of my favorites:

The one with all the cheesecakes...Chandler and Rachel fighting over stolen cheesecakes. And the other one where Ross buys a new couch with Rachel and Chandler helping him move it. Ross: "Pivot! Pivot! Pivot!" Chandler: "Shut up, Shut up, SHUT UUUuup."

Quote Originally Posted by babs1003
    Two of my favorites:

The one with all the cheesecakes...Chandler and Rachel fighting over stolen cheesecakes. And the other one where Ross buys a new couch with Rachel and Chandler helping him move it. Ross: "Pivot! Pivot! Pivot!" Chandler: "Shut up, Shut up, SHUT UUUuup."
    OMG I loved that one! Fighting over "floor" cheesecake
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I liked it because when Joey catches them he just sits down and pulls a fork out of his jacket

Loved the "Pivot" one too
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

How about...the episode where it ends with Ross playing the pipe bags for everyone and he tells everyone to sing along and Phoebe starts shrieking?

My favourite is when they have the contest to get rid of the ducks and Rachel and Monica end up losing thier apartment.Can't get enough of that one!
    FANTASIZE!!!!!! It's better than the real thing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast