+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Friends

Ok...just had to mention that Joey's Japanese tv commercial was hilarious. I now have visions of Joey walking around with his "man bag" and applying blue male lipstick on the subway.
    I think Johnny Damon has the SWEETEST mullet in major league baseball!

LMAO Mel!! And he would make Chandlar put some on too.
    Hilarious with Rachel/Joey and the spooky picture. I laughed myself silly until Survivor came on
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

on vacation
    The show now can't match the early years when stuff happened like Joey moving out and Chandler got that new roommate Eddie. I laugh every single time I see that series of reruns and never get sick of it. Or when Joey sent Chandler to his tailor for new pants.

The show just went on for two many years and they started scrambling for ideas that they hadn't done and that's when desperation and stupid ideas took over.

Joey has always been my favorite.

Does anyone think that the writers are getting ready to put Ross and Rachel back together? It kind of irritates me that they let the Rachel and Joey romance fizzle so quickly and now that Ross is available again....

Plus, where the heck is Emma???? You hardly ever see that baby, yet you always see her mom, dad and the biggest majority of her babysitters (the other Friends).

I stopped watching this show for awhile too but a friend made me watched the 2 newest episodes and they were hilarious! I'm glad to see the show recover in its last lag, especially since W&G is going down the tubes for me.

My fav moments:
    - Princess Consuella (sp?) Banana-Hammock and Mr. Crap Bag As immature as that might sound it had me rolling, and they were able to play it out nicely throughout the show
    - Joey/Matt LeBlanc's attempt at French was hilarious. And Phoebe's French was actually v. impressive!
    - Rachel and "Gucky"
    There's more funny moments - and some misses - but I have to give it a
    "Just kiss my toes and I'll be happy." - Dex

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    i stopped watching this show a few years ago... i noticed that the jokes were too contrived... the writers would spend 5 minutes in one scene setting up one joke- and a usually a lame joke when it finally arrived...

i do enjoy the early years when the writers didnt have to try so hard to be funny- and they would actually roll out 4 or 5 good ones ina 5 minute segment

Quote Originally Posted by makerc
    I stopped watching this show for awhile too but a friend made me watched the 2 newest episodes and they were hilarious! I'm glad to see the show recover in its last lag, especially since W&G is going down the tubes for me.

My fav moments:
    - Princess Consuella (sp?) Banana-Hammock and Mr. Crap Bag As immature as that might sound it had me rolling, and they were able to play it out nicely throughout the show
    - Joey/Matt LeBlanc's attempt at French was hilarious. And Phoebe's French was actually v. impressive!
    - Rachel and "Gucky"
    There's more funny moments - and some misses - but I have to give it a
    Princess Consuella Banana Hammock and Crap Bag had me laughing out loud too!

Sometimes the jokes do fall flat, but shoot, I can't think of a show where that doesn't happen. Over all I really like Friends, the early years, the middle years, and now.

There seemed to be a stretch where every, and I do mean every joke was sex related... that wasn't all that funny to me, it seemed like they were trying to compete with something, but I didn't know what. I am also glad they seem to have stepped up for the final few episodes (except for the Danny DeVito bit, coulda done without that )
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Quote Originally Posted by cali
    Princess Consuella Banana Hammock and Crap Bag had me laughing out loud too!
    I am still laughing! That was great...good times!

Anyways, I am definitely glad that Friends is almost done. It is definitely not the same as when it started. It feels kind of like they are doing the same jokes over and over again...except the Princess Consuella Banana Hammock joke, that was great!

I completely missed the Princess Conselua Banana Hammock joke. Any help?
    Also, I forgot what "Jump the Shark" means!
    Having an idiot Thursday!

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Quote Originally Posted by 2boysmom
    I completely missed the Princess Conselua Banana Hammock joke. Any help?
    Also, I forgot what "Jump the Shark" means!
    Having an idiot Thursday!
    Phoebe went to change her name, since she just got married and all, and the guy at the name change place told her she could change it to anything she wanted, so she changed it to "Princess Consuela Banana Hammock". Her new husband found out and had his name changed to "Crap Bag". But then of course at the end of the show they changed back to their original names.

I'm also lost on "Jump the Shark". I just know it has something to do with a Happy Days episode, and was therefore before my time.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast