+ Reply to Thread
Page 83 of 520 FirstFirst ... 33737475767778798081828384858687888990919293133183 ... LastLast
Like Tree436Likes

Thread: Young and the Restless

Thanks Daddyzgirl. I must have missed that whole scenario. Sometimes I get interrupted by the phone or doorbell, etc., or I cannot watch it when it airs on CBS here at 12:30 pm. In that case, I try to catch it at 7 pm on soapnet but seem to have more interruptions since everyone is around.

I am leaving here now so I can watch it uninterrupted! I get so annoyed when I want to watch one of my shows (Y&R, LOST, TAR, etc.) and people interrupt me! Don't they know I am busy? LOL

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Isn't that why God invented VCRs and TiVOs?? I will record something even if I'm going to watch it, on the chance that somebody or something will, rudely, interrupt me.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I am the same way, I DVR all my shows. And then find myself staying up late into the night watching. At least I can FF through the parts I have already seen and the commercials, but still......

Daughter is off from school this week for winter break and has friends over, so here I sit at the PC with the TV on in my computer room, door shut with a Do Not Disturb sign on it!

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar
    Am I the only one who feels the whole "Carmen Mesta Murder" thang was a big ol let down? It's almost as if going into it, the writers didn't know who they were going to pick as the murderer. They left no clues along the way to even make me think THEY knew it was Jana that killed Carmen.
    So help me out here... if Jana killed Carmen...
    - - are we supposed to believe Jana the ditz is so smart that she selectively erased the stuff from the Coffee House computer? Did stupid Kevin, during a moment of pillow-talk, tell her how to get into the company computer? Did Phyllis give Jana a crash course to teach her all about the computer? PUHLEEZE hahaha. I mean even Kevin was puzzled and said it would have to be someone very smart... Jana is not very smart so I'm not buyin this part.
    - - what's the whole purpose of David Chow? It's almost as if the writers don't know what to do with HIM now so all of a sudden he's a political guru and will manage Jack's campaign for Senate? Oh brother
    - - are they just gonna let Dru go nutty now in order to write off her character in the next 5 weeks? They gotta wrap it up somehow and I guess she's just goin to the nut-house

I just feel this was a super sloppy plotline. Granted it's not over yet but even for a soap this storyline was hole-y

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

The writers have been not so great for quite some time now. Like you say, there is no flow to what they are doing, that I can tell.

And when did David Chow become one of Sharon's "favorite" people when her best friend, Dru, is having all kinds of issues with him?

I'm going to be sorry to see Dru go. She added nutty, unpredictable flavor to this show.

Papa Bell has got to be turning over in his grave with this chaos.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I am not so sure that they are writing off Dru.

I have seen commercials for that soap opera digest on both CBS and soapnet and they just say that Victoria is out as Dru, not that the character will be off the show.

So I think TPTB are just getting rid of Victoria Rowell and will have someone else take over the role of Dru.

I do think, also, that Dru will end up in the nuthouse soon. So maybe that is where her storyline will end in March, or whenever she gets booted off the show, and when her character comes back or when her family visits her in the hospital, it will be the new Dru.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;2250330;
    I am not so sure that they are writing off Dru.

I have seen commercials for that soap opera digest on both CBS and soapnet and they just say that Victoria is out as Dru, not that the character will be off the show.

So I think TPTB are just getting rid of Victoria Rowell and will have someone else take over the role of Dru.

I do think, also, that Dru will end up in the nuthouse soon. So maybe that is where her storyline will end in March, or whenever she gets booted off the show, and when her character comes back or when her family visits her in the hospital, it will be the new Dru.
    I'd be fine with that scenario. I can't stand Victoria Rowell... no matter what show she's on (e.g. Diagnosis Murder). But on Y&R she just brings a no-class vibe to Drucilla. I miss Olivia

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I can't imagine anyone else handling the part as well as Victoria Rowell does. Victoria and Dru have history!

If they do get a new Dru.....will she keep up with the hat collection?

I, too, can't imagine anyone else playing the role of Dru. I guess it will be like all the rest....the new Victoria, the new Colleen, and the former new Lily who was eventually replaced by the original Lily.

I miss Olivia too!

FORT Fogey
    Dru wasn't always so loud and abrasive. I think it's the writing and poor acting choices by Victoria. Dru was the insecure couldn't read ballerina turn model. I think when she came back from Paris they wanted to make her more worldly and flamboyant. But Victoria went to far and the storylines she was placed in eroded her character. The old Dru would of never slept with Neil's brother- drugged or not because Neil was her first and only true love. That was the begining of the demise in her character, plus Victoria evidently doesn't know how loud and grating her voice is and how utterly stupid she has become.

+ Reply to Thread