+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 521 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101151 ... LastLast
Like Tree442Likes

Thread: Young and the Restless

They weren't legally married. The first time she was still married to Tom Fisher, and the 2nd time, the lawyer never filed the paperwork. There is certainly legal precedent in real life for children to battle the widow over an inheritance, Anna Nicole Smith comes to mind.
    I had the impression that Mamie and Dina were on the cruise together, so either Mamie works for Dina now, or is retired and socializes with her.

Quote Originally Posted by radar View Post
    They weren't legally married. The first time she was still married to Tom Fisher, and the 2nd time, the lawyer never filed the paperwork. There is certainly legal precedent in real life for children to battle the widow over an inheritance, Anna Nicole Smith comes to mind.
    I had the impression that Mamie and Dina were on the cruise together, so either Mamie works for Dina now, or is retired and socializes with her.
    No lawyer was involved when I got married. I never understood that story line. Lawyers don't have anything to do with marriages, as far as I know. If John and Gloria signed a marriage license, then there was someone officiating at their wedding. That person needs to be found.

I agree with you that kids and step parents often argue over the estate, but I highly doubt that it would be determined in just one short court visit. Those things drag on for years just as in the case you mentioned. How long has ANS been in court over this?

Mamie made a lot of money on her stock portfolio, or something similiar to that, and as far as I can remember she hasn't been an Abbott family employee for quite a while. She lived there as a guest, but not employee.

Quote Originally Posted by radar View Post
    I couldn't be happier that Gloria got the shaft.
    She's lucky she's not in prison herself for tampering with that skincream that resulted in that lady's death. And both her sons for helping her cover it up. Then she didn't let well enough alone, she went to the victim's husband after he had an agreement and insisted that he make getting rid of Jack part of the deal.
    I'm sure that John would have given her the boot if he knew the truth. She ruined his company's good name, and also put his son out of his namesake business. John should be haunting Gloria instead of Jack.
    Also, I don't believe that Mamie is with the family any more. She sent flowers for the funeral.
    Gloria getting the shaft isn`t because of John. Who intended to give her a nice size inheritence. The shaft giver is HIS SON Jack. Who never married Gloria once, twice, legally or not legally. Before John died;HE BELIEVED they were married in every sense of the word. So therefore he has the right to give anyone he wants to; his money or not.

Jack has nothing to say about it.

So again I hope it all comes out, and I figure before it`s
    all said and done. Jack himself will be so overcome with guilt he`ll let everything out of the bag and DO WHAT HIS DAD would`ve wanted in the first place.

I didn`t think her and Kevin should live at the house with the kids, but most definately let her have her inheritence.

As for Mamie. Even though they haven`t shown her in a while on the show. She practically raised those three kids when Dina walked out on them. They even thought of her as their Mother figure. So she definately has a very real place in the Abbott kids hearts and lives.

It`s funny to me how they made Billy with more of an edge.

Actually a downright snotty, sarcastic individual. A lot different of the Billy of old. He was really nice.

OK, Sharon has been a hypocrite during the affair deal AND I like Nick and Phyllis but announcing that you are going to marry your pregnant mistress all loud and proud is a bit much. Then to top that off , the divorce papers are barely signed (or have they been?) and you have already started playing house! This is a bit over the top and I can not blame Sharon for wanting to backhand slap somebody. No wife -even Sharon -deserves to be treated that way imho.
    Dru and Neil. So glad they went out a hired a day player to be her date - thank goodness. I knew there had to be some other men somewhere rather than recycling again. Neil deserves that kick in the pants because he has truly been showing out lately.
    I don't know what to say about Victor...maybe they'll move it on along. Just my random Monday thoughts......

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I've been left with the impression that Sharon is willing to jump into bed with anyone who shows her some attention. If it can't be Brad, then it can be Jack...whomever.

Drucilla slurring her words had me .

I'm sure Eric Braden, playing paranoid Victor, is much more to his liking. Victor is definitely keeping his family and colleagues off balance! It's definitely more interesting than the "Have a blessed day," Victor.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I've been left with the impression that Sharon is willing to jump into bed with anyone who shows her some attention. If it can't be Brad, then it can be Jack...whomever.

Drucilla slurring her words had me .
    Yeah, Sharon needs help. And why did Dru have to be the crazy, drunk, black woman?

Victor is trippin'

For those of you who haven't yet seen the show for today, be sure to tune in! It was an exciting day.

Muduh, I am watching it now (and getting a start on my FORT fix for the day ) It's commercial time right now, and Neil just dropped Carman off at her place.......

What time does it air in your neck of the woods. I get it here in NY from 12:30-1:30 pm.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Geez......I don't get it until 4pm (EST). I get repeats at 7p, 1a, and 6a.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread