+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree458Likes

Thread: Young and the Restless

Re: Young and the Restless

I've seen Cynthia Watros on other shows... daytime soaps as well as nighttime dramas... and she's never ever irritated me so much. I thought it was just the crappy writing of the Kelly character but now that Kelly is branching out from the parents-of-deceased-children support group to being more involved with other central characters (Lilly, Jack, etc) I've decided CW is just horrrrrrrrible. I mean, all of her scenes with Lilly and with Ben and worst of all with Jack at the gala... agreeing with momrek06, just so fake!!!!!!! Please - get this woman off my screen. I cannot stand anything about Kelly... and CW's portrayal is gawd-awful, nails-on-the-chalkboard grating to my nerves.
    Marlena I just wanted you to know you may get your wish because she may be leaving the show. She originally was only suppose to come on for a short time as she was involved with another MTV show and MTV announced the drama "Finding Carter" was a go and ordered 12 episodes. "Finding Carter" is a coming of age drama from executive producer Terri Minsky (Sex and the City) and based on an original script by Emily Silver (Bones). Watros plays one of the leading characters in the new television show. I'm sure you won't be watching since you have seen her in other projects and doesn't sound like she was any better on those shows. The only thing I saw her in before was GL where she played a scheming villainess - Annie Dutton against Reva Shayne. It was a long time ago and she was good in that role. When she came on Y&R I wondered what had happened to her because I thought she was horrible from the first time I saw her on screen.

Still not watching the show, and after reading your recap which BTW was great - I still see no reason to start up again.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Whomever did Victoria's bangs ought to be sued!! At first, I didn't think they were too bad but the more I looked, the worse they looked. For one thing, they are too short. I don't think they flatter her face at all.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Whomever did Victoria's bangs ought to be sued!! At first, I didn't think they were too bad but the more I looked, the worse they looked. For one thing, they are too short. I don't think they flatter her face at all.
    They looked much better, at first, when she had her hair up...because they were straight down and seemed long enough. For me, it seemed like a nice change.

However, I don't like them plastered down and off to the side with her hair hanging down. Nope. Way too short looking and....simply awful. Poor Amelia!

ITA. Those bangs are all I see now when I look at her. They are even worse in today's show, I think. If she's going to sport those kind of '40's pinup-style bangs she better cut the rest of that mop off and gain 20 lbs to pull the look off.

Speaking of hair - Sharon's needs to be lopped off at her shoulders, where her layers are. The long hair is starting to age her. She's a very beautiful woman and her figure is gorgeous, but the hair makes me think of someone who's trying to look younger. She's in her 40s and wears her age very well, no need to try to look 25. And please stop tanning! No matter how much I adjust the colour on my TV, she's orange. (Hah...now that I think about it, I would say the same about Jennifer Aniston, but at least she cut her hair, albeit badly.)
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

A lot of women just don't seem to get that, as we get older, long hair can pull our faces down and emphasize lines.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

OK, my favorite baby actor strikes again! Early on, in the show, in a scene with Victor, Chelsea, Chloe, and Baby Connor, Chloe was holding the baby in an upright position while she had a dramatic conversation with Victor and Chelsea, Baby Connor's eyes started to slowly close, he was unusually quiet and still, and his neck relaxed and his head drifted back......little buddy was out of it!! He continued to nod out, pretty much, throughout the whole scene except for one moment when he jolted awake (like I might in a super-boring business meeting)....and he drifted out again. He had me cracking up!!! It was great!!!!

I want more of crazy Sharon, and less of Neil and whatsherface. I enjoy seeing Sharon going around the twist

Tom as Billy is awful
    momrek06 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

OK, my favorite baby actor strikes again! Early on, in the show, in a scene with Victor, Chelsea, Chloe, and Baby Connor, Chloe was holding the baby in an upright position while she had a dramatic conversation with Victor and Chelsea, Baby Connor's eyes started to slowly close, he was unusually quiet and still, and his neck relaxed and his head drifted back......little buddy was out of it!! He continued to nod out, pretty much, throughout the whole scene except for one moment when he jolted awake (like I might in a super-boring business meeting)....and he drifted out again. He had me cracking up!!! It was great!!!!
    Baby Connor is the best. He showed exactly how I'm feeling about Y&R lately...
    momrek06 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    Baby Connor is the best. He showed exactly how I'm feeling about Y&R lately...
    OMG isn't that the truth double
    momrek06 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Looks like Cynthia will be leaving and a new Kelly will be joining the crew.

‘Young and the Restless’ Replaces Cynthia Watros With Cady McClain - Yahoo TV

+ Reply to Thread