+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree445Likes

Thread: Young and the Restless

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Re: Young and the Restless

For me, Heather Tom IS Victoria. I loved her so much and still miss her. I'm not a big B&B fan so I don't watch that one more than maybe 1x/mo. When Amelie Heinle took over the role, I think the writers took to writing the character differently. Heather's dynamic with Eric Braden was different so the Victor/Victoria relationship was more interesting to me. Amelia perhaps seems more timid with Eric Braden and for me it comes across in the Victor/Victoria relationship.

I think with David Tom as Billy they will take the character in a different direction. I've already been thinking the Victoria/Billy coupling is on the way out and she'll be moving on to Ben/Stitch. I think they will make Billy younger now and age Victoria more appropriately. I feel like when Billy Miller took over the role, the writers wrote the character as more mature, experienced, older, etc. He's younger than Nicholas but Billy Miller couldn't play that young as he's more mature in general.

But then again, I could just be doing wishful thinking since I like David Tom so much and want Billy to be different... and not with Victoria for that matter! LoL.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Heather is doing a fine job at Bold/Beautiful, but I kept hoping that she'd reprise the Victoria role.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Ok just finished watching this week's shows... WTH do we think is up with Cassie? How did Sharon physically reach out and touch her when she took Cassie by the shoulders and shook her? I'm tellin you if stuff starts levitating, I'm out.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    Ok just finished watching this week's shows... WTH do we think is up with Cassie? How did Sharon physically reach out and touch her when she took Cassie by the shoulders and shook her? I'm tellin you if stuff starts levitating, I'm out.
    Ok, I read on allot of sites, and the "rumor" is that Cassie has a TWIN that Sharon never knew about.

Oh dear gawd. Whatever.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Ok, I read on allot of sites, and the "rumor" is that Cassie has a TWIN that Sharon never knew about.

Oh dear gawd. Whatever.
    Agree. Dear gawd, whatever!

If that's the case then let John Abbott come back - would much rather have him back somehow than have twinCassie.
    momrek06 and tinderbox like this.

Oh Goody!!!!!
    momrek06 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Oh dear gawd. Whatever.
    Hmmm, hadn't heard that one. It would explain alot. It's better than the one I heard about her being a doppleganger Victor hired to mess with Sharon.

I'm so happy that Adam is still alive! Sorry to see Michael Muhney out, but can't wait to see who replaces him.

Oh dear gawd. Whatever.
    Wow, and I thought the plot twists couldn't get worse. Not quite sure why a twin would creep Sharon then just stand and glare at her. *rolleyes*

Speaking of bad plot twists, what's up with Colin coming back and forcing Jill to marry him? He hasn't been gone long enough to even make this remotely interesting.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Just had to pop in to see what people who are still watching are thinking of the show since I am no longer watching even though I watched from the beginning. Back then I couldn't watch every day - only on breaks from school until tapes came out and then it was every day. I was a CBS soap watcher and watched all four until GL and ATWT were cancelled. I understand the same Executive Producer of Y&R was in charge when GL bit the dust, and could see the same thing starting to happen on the Y&R.

I loved Michael Muhney as an actor, but that is not the only reason I stopped watching. I was already getting bored with the writing, the disregard of the history of the show, the starting of s/l's, and just dropping them and then the disappointment of when they finally did end them they turned out to be beyond ridiculous. I felt that they must think viewers are ignorant, and don't remember the history of the show. It also became rinse, lather and repeat shows. They just about ended Hillary stalking the Winters when they started Mariah stalking Abby and Tyler. Maybe for new time viewers it doesn't matter or TPTB just don't care. Did I say how BORING all the s/l's are? I had already stopped watching the B&B and never looked back. That show had beautiful sets, but it was just the same thing day after day and nothing like it had originally been when Bell's father was alive and EP of the show. Now his son is.

So for all the reasons I already mentioned I was pretty much on my way out on the Y&R, and the only reason I hung on was because I wanted to see how they ended the horrible s/l of killing a child. IMO MM and BM delivered.

As I am reading the comments I can see I'm not missing a thing and am glad I went with my decision. The plot twists just keep getting more and more ridiculous. I enjoyed David Tom when he played teen Billy and those were the days of the good Y&R - again imo. Since I'm not watching I can't say how he is doing with the role of a now grown up Billy, but I have read a lot of comments on other sites where I would say that the majority are not liking him so far. Many people say even though he is older then Billy Miller he just looks too young with Victoria AH. Billy Miller is 34 and David Tom is 35. AH is 40 years old. So I could see where they would break that couple up and put Victoria with Stitch. Yet, what about Billy with Cynthia Watros who plays Kelly? Cynthia is 45. IMO Cynthia not only is older then Amelia, but looks older as well. I also read that CW's MTV pilot, Finding Carter, was picked up for 10 epsiodes. I would guess if she is re-casted then they would hire someone younger to look convincing with DT. Yet, I read that she said she is not going anyplace so who really knows what is going on.

Billy Miller gave an interview saying he wanted to stay on the Y&R, and they had always let him do outside projects, yet this time when his contract was up they said no. Before they could even further discuss it he was told that they had already found someone to replace him which turned out to be David Tom. If they let CW do so and also have accommodated Steve Burton to work on his own terms as far as when he shoots his scenes, it appears that they accommodate some, but not others.

Regarding John Abbott and his ghost I saw a tweet on a site where he was asking fans to tweet the show to continue his appearances as a ghost. Apparently, they let him go as well. Pretty soon the Y&R will not even look the same as far as actors and actresses. Not only has there been changes in who plays who, but they all seem to have different jobs from just a few months ago. Anyway just my two cents worth.
    football_chick likes this.

Early on, in today's show, when the actor who plays Dylan knocked on Chelsea's door and she went to the door with the actor who is Baby Connor too one look and got all giggly when he saw him! It was all Dylan could do not to break out in a big grin. It was adorable!

+ Reply to Thread