+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree459Likes

Thread: Young and the Restless

Re: Young and the Restless

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    While I know nothing about MM's VM days as I did not watch that show! Nor am I aware of him disclosing season finales BUT in reference to your "meh" comment I felt the exact same way about Y&R's BILLY MILLER (who has received several Daytime Noms and Emmy's) that his performance on Justified was meh. I was so excited when I heard he was going to be on. But after watching his performance I was truly surprised. Ugh.

So IMHO some actors can really bring it on a Soap but just don't have it for PRIMETIME.
    I liked Billy Miller on AMC, but he didn't bowl me over. I definitely think soap acting calls for a different set of skills. There are actors on daytime who I think are terrific - Michael E. Knight and Tuc Watkins come to mind and I think Roger Howarth is amazing as well - but they just have not been able to translate that into major success (or success, period) elsewhere in the business. On the flip side, there are actors who don't make much of an impression at all on daytime, but they go on to be huge successes in movies or primetime TV.

I never thought Steve Burton was all that big of a deal. Maybe Y&R fans feel differently now that he's on their show. Not that I didn't like him and his character on GH, but I never thought he was the second coming or anything.
    momrek06 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Michael E. Knight was good, but then for some reason he grew very very boring, Not to mention predictable, meh

.Billy Miller will be missed, but he has been dialing it in for awhile Something is going on with the Y&R..other than boring characters
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I liked Billy Miller on AMC, but he didn't bowl me over. I definitely think soap acting calls for a different set of skills. There are actors on daytime who I think are terrific - Michael E. Knight and Tuc Watkins come to mind and I think Roger Howarth is amazing as well - but they just have not been able to translate that into major success (or success, period) elsewhere in the business. On the flip side, there are actors who don't make much of an impression at all on daytime, but they go on to be huge successes in movies or primetime TV.

I never thought Steve Burton was all that big of a deal. Maybe Y&R fans feel differently now that he's on their show. Not that I didn't like him and his character on GH, but I never thought he was the second coming or anything.
    I don't care for Steve Burton (Dylan) - actually, for some reason he creeps me out. I prefer his buddy Stitch. But I sure will miss Billy Miller, who is very well-suited to play Billy Abbott. I think Fanny is right, though - something has seemed off about his recent performance. Mind you, Delia's death was a horrible plot twist and I don't see what value it added to the storyline. I got that Cassie's death was a statement about drunk driving and it was a catalyst for Nick & Sharon's breakup and the resulting Phick coupling, but the Delia thing was pointless.
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

AJane I agree about Steve Burton - I'm not impressed at all with him and I like the character of Stitch better as well. I heard that Steve Burton and Jill Farren Phelps (better known to some as the "soap slayer" since she has been the kiss of death to so many soaps) were great friends. Some people believe that when Steve Burton came on it was going to be the end of Michael Muhney. On another site I follow a lot of his fans from GH were pretty disgusted when he left GH saying that he wanted to spend more time with his family and the next thing they know he is on Y&R. Many die hard fans felt he lied to them.

Besides the video that Sharon did for Michael, I also read some nice tweets from CE who plays Chelsea about both Michael and Billy. There were some really nice ones from both his mom and dad, and I read on some article where his sister was really standing behind him and saying these allegations were completely false. As others have said we may never know the real story, but I chose to believe innocent unless proven guilty or another one - “Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see." - Ben Franklin

Fanny was right and I completely agree when she said: Something is going on with the Y&R..other than boring characters. As I watch up until January 30th the only days I enjoy are the days when Adam is on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    AJane I agree about Steve Burton - I'm not impressed at all with him and I like the character of Stitch better as well. I heard that Steve Burton and Jill Farren Phelps (better known to some as the "soap slayer" since she has been the kiss of death to so many soaps) were great friends. Some people believe that when Steve Burton came on it was going to be the end of Michael Muhney. On another site I follow a lot of his fans from GH were pretty disgusted when he left GH saying that he wanted to spend more time with his family and the next thing they know he is on Y&R. Many die hard fans felt he lied to them.

Besides the video that Sharon did for Michael, I also read some nice tweets from CE who plays Chelsea about both Michael and Billy. There were some really nice ones from both his mom and dad, and I read on some article where his sister was really standing behind him and saying these allegations were completely false. As others have said we may never know the real story, but I chose to believe innocent unless proven guilty or another one - “Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see." - Ben Franklin

Fanny was right and I completely agree when she said: Something is going on with the Y&R..other than boring characters. As I watch up until January 30th the only days I enjoy are the days when Adam is on.
    Well, the jokes on him then because it sounds like Y&R fans are feeling like the show is on a downhill slide, while GH is experiencing it's highest ratings - and critical praise - in years. Really though, as much as people touted SB as a big deal years ago - he even got cast in that Spielberg project - what has be done beyond daytime? I've heard he's a really nice guy though and I've never heard a peep that anyone had a bad thing to say about him, so maybe that's why he's still working. Attitude goes a long way.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    I don't care for Steve Burton (Dylan) - actually, for some reason he creeps me out. I prefer his buddy Stitch. But I sure will miss Billy Miller, who is very well-suited to play Billy Abbott. I think Fanny is right, though - something has seemed off about his recent performance. Mind you, Delia's death was a horrible plot twist and I don't see what value it added to the storyline. I got that Cassie's death was a statement about drunk driving and it was a catalyst for Nick & Sharon's breakup and the resulting Phick coupling, but the Delia thing was pointless.

Maybe the word "creeps" is defined differently by different people. What do you mean when you say that he "creeps you out"? Why is that?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Tristan Rogers is leaving GH and coming back to Y&R.
    biggbaddgirl likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

C'mon, where else would I share this but with you lovely FORTers Michael Muhney Firing -- Fans Protest By Getting Super High | TMZ.com

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Maybe the word "creeps" is defined differently by different people. What do you mean when you say that he "creeps you out"? Why is that?
    His eyes look like crazy-eyes to me. I know the Chloe character has raved about his baby blues, but something about the expression he usually has on his face is scary.

Thought: is there any room for Chelsea after Adam disappears, if that is what is happening? (Has anyone heard what exactly is going to happen? I mean, is it just an actor being fired or is the character going away/dying?) I'm trying to figure out why the story arc is leaning so hard towards Victor somehow getting Connor. I don't think Nikki is in any shape to raise another kid.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    His eyes look like crazy-eyes to me. I know the Chloe character has raved about his baby blues, but something about the expression he usually has on his face is scary.

Thought: is there any room for Chelsea after Adam disappears, if that is what is happening? (Has anyone heard what exactly is going to happen? I mean, is it just an actor being fired or is the character going away/dying?) I'm trying to figure out why the story arc is leaning so hard towards Victor somehow getting Connor. I don't think Nikki is in any shape to raise another kid.
    They will bring in another actor
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread