+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree445Likes

Thread: Young and the Restless

Re: Young and the Restless

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    Tinderbox, I think it would technically be slander since she said it whereas libel is in writing. Yes, MM was very vocal, very opinionated and while I myself am the same way I found it a real turn off when I would read his stuff on Twitter. Probably a double standard of mine but I dislike celebs who are too full of themselves... come to think of it, it's not just celebs who turn me off when exhibiting that behavior.
    Bolding mine...

heh heh I know nothing about legal terminology but am glad you know what I meant.

I don't watch the show, but I've been reading items in entertainment blogs about MM for a while. All I'll say is that a good PR person can work wonders and actors are very good at seeming one way, when they really aren't.
    I hear what you're saying. MM may very well be the biggest a$$ known to man and, as I said upthread, could have gonads the size of Mars to grope a young woman, against her will, in front of a witness. Hmmm...

It will be interesting to see if he's hired for another acting gig down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    Bolding mine...

heh heh I know nothing about legal terminology but am glad you know what I meant.

I hear what you're saying. MM may very well be the biggest a$$ known to man and, as I said upthread, could have gonads the size of Mars to grope a young woman, against her will, in front of a witness. Hmmm...

It will be interesting to see if he's hired for another acting gig down the road.
    Considering that he's not that great of an actor - I didn't watch Y&R, but he can't have improved that much since Veronica Mars - I would be surprised if he gets much work. If nothing else, he's been labeled as difficult. If none of the sexual harassment allegations are false, he still managed to alienate and annoy a lot of people...people who have a lot more power than he does. Actors who get reputations for being "outspoken" tend not to work so much.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I thought he was excellent as Adam, anyone else will not be as good. I so enjoyed bad Adam..( sigh) looks he and Sharon Case got along well
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Never watched Veronica Mars, so maybe that part just wasn't for him. The role of 'Adam' was well-cast. He really made me dislike him.
    football_chick and momrek06 like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Considering that he's not that great of an actor - I didn't watch Y&R, but he can't have improved that much since Veronica Mars - I would be surprised if he gets much work. If nothing else, he's been labeled as difficult. If none of the sexual harassment allegations are false, he still managed to alienate and annoy a lot of people...people who have a lot more power than he does. Actors who get reputations for being "outspoken" tend not to work so much.
    bolding mine...

Truthfully, I think MM is a fantastic actor! His portrayal of Adam Newman has been outstanding. He will be missed by so many of his fans. I will miss him.

bolding mine...

Truthfully, I think MM is a fantastic actor! His portrayal of Adam Newman has been outstanding. He will be missed by so many of his fans. I will miss him.
    I have to agree, my husband thought he was blind -that's how good he was.
    momrek06 and Jaceegirl like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

I agree I thought MM was very good as Adam! I have not seen him on any other shows! But to step in and take that role by the horn and perform, I applauded him and always loved seeing him whenever he was on! I think he also had some very good staff writing ADAM!

Also I did not care for the Adam MM replaced. And when it was a quick change of actors like I said MM did a very good job!

I found him to be very entertaining as most of the Newman's hated him, Adam always had something quick witted to say to all of them that it left me laughing at his remarks and his delivery!
    football_chick and Jaceegirl like this.
    KAREN

bolding mine...

I don't watch Y&R, so I have no idea, but I do know that he was just "meh" on Veronica Mars and his character was killed off because of his behavior, including leaking/spoiling one of the show's season finales online.

I've read a few items in blogs over the last week and it sounds like the prevailing opinion is that no one cares any more if he's talented or not. He's just too much trouble - bad attitude to the max - and that there are many other actors people would rather work with.

I remember years ago when there was an actor on AMC who was really popular until he sexually harassed or assaulted a woman at a publicity event - maybe guest bartending? He got fired. After that and some of his other scummy behavior came out, I didn't miss him on the show. I felt bad for the other actors on the show - who I'd "known" longer - because they had to deal with him.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I don't watch Y&R, so I have no idea, but I do know that he was just "meh" on Veronica Mars and his character was killed off because of his behavior, including leaking/spoiling one of the show's season finales online.

I've read a few items in blogs over the last week and it sounds like the prevailing opinion is that no one cares any more if he's talented or not. He's just too much trouble - bad attitude to the max - and that there are many other actors people would rather work with.

I remember years ago when there was an actor on AMC who was really popular until he sexually harassed or assaulted a woman at a publicity event - maybe guest bartending? He got fired. After that and some of his other scummy behavior came out, I didn't miss him on the show. I felt bad for the other actors on the show - who I'd "known" longer - because they had to deal with him.
    While I know nothing about MM's VM days as I did not watch that show! Nor am I aware of him disclosing season finales BUT in reference to your "meh" comment I felt the exact same way about Y&R's BILLY MILLER (who has received several Daytime Noms and Emmy's) that his performance on Justified was meh. I was so excited when I heard he was going to be on. But after watching his performance I was truly surprised. Ugh.

So IMHO some actors can really bring it on a Soap but just don't have it for PRIMETIME.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    While I know nothing about MM's VM days as I did not watch that show! Nor am I aware of him disclosing season finales BUT in reference to your "meh" comment I felt the exact same way about Y&R's BILLY MILLER (who has received several Daytime Noms and Emmy's) that his performance on Justified was meh. I was so excited when I heard he was going to be on. But after watching his performance I was truly surprised. Ugh.

So IMHO some actors can really bring it on a Soap but just don't have it for PRIMETIME.
    There will never be another Adam cast that can take his place, ( not for me) that's for sure Nicholas said some really nice things about him, I like that actor as well
    momrek06 likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread