+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree467Likes

Thread: Young and the Restless

Re: Young and the Restless

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    It appears MM had at least one friend among his castmates... Sharon Case (Sharon) posted the following tribute to him
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xoi7fdz6z...Muhney%201.mov
    They seemed very close and he looks like he is fun. I wonder if someone was a tad jealous..I just don't see it myself JMHO of course, like he knew this wouldn't get out?
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Think about it....who, in their right mind would admit to something like that? It is sick behavior, but not necessarily uncommon. I'm just glad she spoke up....a lot of abuse victims don't. It was brave of her. I'd say HE stands to lose more than SHE does. If it is a lie, it will come out eventually. I notice he's not fighting it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Marlena, I couldn't get your link to work. Was its SC's goodbye to MM? I saw that back a few days after he was fired.
    It was all still pics of MM. (Maybe because I am on my iPad?) Kinda sad for MM if it comes down to these allegations. AND very sad for HK. I heard this 'rumor' about MM just days after he was fired from random posters on a "Save MM" page on FB. I did not come here and post anything as I had no proof that those posters were credible. I am VERY curious to know HOW these random FB posters knew these 'allegations' back just days after MM was fired? Now this 'rumor' is not going away MM who has been very active on tweeter has not posted anything since his firing NOR has HK tweeted anything. I really liked everything MM brought to Y&R.
    These allegations are terrible for MM, his family and his career IF there is any truth to them. I also feel terrible for HK. IF this is true I am going to guess HK was devastated by MM's actions BUT that HK was also scared about coming forward BUT she did and IF the allegations are true, HK did THE RIGHT THING. I wonder if we will ever know the real truth? Hmm!
    Momrek06, I'm sorry the link did not work out for you. It was still pics and short video clips set to music (Beautiful by Christina Aguilera). When it comes to a he-said/she-said situation with no witness or "evidence", I don't think anyone will ever know the truth besides the two people involved. As for how random FB posters knew about the allegations, always remember there are thousands of people who work behind the camera on the show or work on the soundstage across the hall (The Bold and The Beautiful) or used to work there (and are still good friends with folks who currently work there) or just simply work on the same lot. Some of those people *will* talk to "outsiders" even though there are ramifications if it can be proven they shared information (and that's not always easy to prove). Whether it's rumor or fact, word spreads quickly... especially when it's about an actor being fired or allegations of sexual misconduct. Unless MM comes forward and admits it (which I can't see happening) it will remain speculation.

JMO, of course, but I find it interesting how quiet MM has been about this entire firing after his initial confirmation that yes he's been fired. He's not in the past been quiet about anything - he's been so vocal on Twitter before this - but that doesn't mean it's true, it could be he's just seeing no positive in speaking out. He's got a family and that may play into it.
    Last edited by Marlena_M; 01-05-2014 at 01:25 PM.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Think about it....who, in their right mind would admit to something like that? It is sick behavior, but not necessarily uncommon. I'm just glad she spoke up....a lot of abuse victims don't. It was brave of her. I'd say HE stands to lose more than SHE does. If it is a lie, it will come out eventually. I notice he's not fighting it.
    Prhoshay, this will probably date me but I remember in the 70's when the National Enquirer ran that story about Carol Burnett being publicly drunk in a DC restaurant... and she sued them and won!! Prior to that, I really put no faith into what tabloids reported but after it was all settled I started realizing that celebrities will tend to fight/sue when they are truly libeled.

I see the trend of celebs speaking out and getting all up in arms over what is reported by the "press" but not going so far as to sue unless there is really no merit whatsoever. That always makes me think that if the celeb doesn't sue, there is truth to it (maybe not 100% accurate but more truthful than not). The latest one I can think of is Tom Cruise filing a $50M suit against one of the mags for saying he abandoned his daughter Suri. It didn't go to trial and it was settled out of court but the mag had to publish an apology for their inference.

Not all celebs are filthy rich but from where I'm sitting... and this is just me... if a celeb does absolutely nothing in the face of publicly damaging allegations (which can absolutely hurt their cash-cow-money-making career) I tend to believe there's some truth there. MM's silence on this whole thing does make me wonder where the truth lies. If it's entirely false/baseless, I would expect him to sue TMZ... or at least be publicly vocal about it because, as I've said before, MM's not been known to keep quiet about his feelings.
    Last edited by Marlena_M; 01-05-2014 at 01:44 PM.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Momrek06, I'm sorry the link did not work out for you. It was still pics and short video clips set to music (Beautiful by Christina Aguilera). When it comes to a he-said/she-said situation with no witness or "evidence", I don't think anyone will ever know the truth besides the two people involved. As for how random FB posters knew about the allegations, always remember there are thousands of people who work behind the camera on the show or work on the soundstage across the hall (The Bold and The Beautiful) or used to work there (and are still good friends with folks who currently work there) or just simply work on the same lot. Some of those people *will* talk to "outsiders" even though there are ramifications if it can be proven they shared information (and that's not always easy to prove). Whether it's rumor or fact, word spreads quickly... especially when it's about an actor being fired or allegations of sexual misconduct. Unless MM comes forward and admits it (which I can't see happening) it will remain speculation.

JMO, of course, but I find it interesting how quiet MM has been about this entire firing after his initial confirmation that yes he's been fired. He's not in the past been quiet about anything - he's been so vocal on Twitter before this - but that doesn't mean it's true, it could be he's just seeing no positive in speaking out. He's got a family and that may play into it.
    If MM is all 'lawyered up' which I am guessing he is, I am betting his lawyer said "no social media whatsoever".

So now I am reading that HK's real name is Haley Hunter King and that SHE may have made 'romantic advances" toward MM. That she was looking to him for some relationship and when he said "no", she made this up.......???????
    Has anyone else heard this latest "RUMOR"????

Check out this link.
    Michael Muhney
    KAREN

If MM is all 'lawyered up' which I am guessing he is, I am betting his lawyer said "no social media whatsoever".

So now I am reading that HK's real name is Haley Hunter King and that SHE may have made 'romantic advances" toward MM. That she was looking to him for some relationship and when he said "no", she made this up.......???????

Check out this link.

Michael Muhney
    I had read it earlier today as part of a comment in another website and feel it's just as plausible. It's a he-said/she-said with no witnesses so we may never know.
    momrek06 likes this.

Check out this link.
    Michael Muhney
    Well I bet he has a lawyer, and he wont be saying anything.

IF she made his up, I hope they fire her @ss, she wont be missed, or her lousy acting
    prhoshay, momrek06 and Jaceegirl like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Tinderbox, do you happen to follow MM on Twitter? Does anyone else here follow him there? I used to but haven't been on Twitter in ages but anyway I ask because he's usually VERY forthcoming in his tweets. That makes me think that if there's NOTHING to this story (and legitimately there may not be) he would be very vocal about it.
    Yes, I do follow him. He has always been, what seems to be, truthful in his tweets. He's also extremely vocal and opinionated which surprised me, a bit, but I figured it was his twitter account and he could handle it anyway he chose. This practice turned off some of his followers and when they question some of his replies/tweets he simply asks them not to follow him anymore.

I think the reason he hasn't tweeted since he was fired is that his lawyers have advised him not to do anything. (I'm assuming he's contacted lawyers. Maybe not.) IF she is lying about the two supposed altercations he could sue her for libel. (...or is it malice?) My guess is that he'd love to shout his denial from the rooftops because it's his personality to defend himself. (..at least, the personality he portrays on twitter.) I've read a few online accounts of the situation and some have said the actor who plays Fen was in the room and witnessed MM trying to grope HK. Really??? Doesn't that seem odd? I guess it could have happened but MM would have to have gonads the size of Mars to think he could get away with anything in from of a witness.

The other reason he could be silent is that he's....guilty. Yikes.
    Last edited by tinderbox; 01-05-2014 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    Yes, I do follow him. He has always been, what seems to be, truthful in his tweets. He's also extremely vocal and opinionated which surprised me, a bit, but I figured it was his twitter account and he could handle it anyway he chose. This practice turned off some of his followers and when they question some of his replies/tweets he simply asks them not to follow him anymore.

I think the reason he hasn't tweeted since he was fired is that his lawyers have advised him not to do anything. (I'm assuming he's contacted lawyers. Maybe not.) IF she is lying about the two supposed altercations he could sue her for libel. (...or is it malice?) My guess is that he'd love to shout his denial from the rooftops because it's his personality to defend himself. (..at least, the personality he portrays on twitter.) I've read a few online accounts of the situation and some have said the actor who plays Fen was in the room and witnessed MM trying to grope HK. Really??? Doesn't that seem odd? I guess it could have happened but MM would have to have gonads the size of Mars to think he could get away with anything in from of a witness.

The other reason he could be silent is that he's....guilty. Yikes.
    Tinderbox, I think it would technically be slander since she said it whereas libel is in writing. Yes, MM was very vocal, very opinionated and while I myself am the same way I found it a real turn off when I would read his stuff on Twitter. Probably a double standard of mine but I dislike celebs who are too full of themselves... come to think of it, it's not just celebs who turn me off when exhibiting that behavior.

I don't watch the show, but I've been reading items in entertainment blogs about MM for a while. All I'll say is that a good PR person can work wonders and actors are very good at seeming one way, when they really aren't.
    JavaJo likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread