+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree432Likes

Thread: Young and the Restless

Re: Young and the Restless

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I, too, thought it was Stitch, but it sounds like Dylan is the "winner". I thought Dylan knew who his parents were, but I don't know why. I don't remember his dad doing a deathbed declaration, or anything.

What I find strange is that Delia's grandmother, Esther, has not been on the show. Where's she supposed to be, if she's not there acting like a lunatic?

Good point about never having seen Delia on the road, but that sounds a little complex for this show and its lame writers, but if Delia was sitting behind a rock, wouldn't she be alive today and have been found with that dog, who is missing?
    I don't think she was behind any rock. As for Esther, she shows up today. I wont say anymore
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I find it annoying that Victoria is really busy making Delia's death all about HER.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I agree shay she gets worse!!

SO!!
    Click to see Spoiler:
    it was Nicki that was driving around, and her plates were whose they saw. I wonder if Adam hit her, or if he will turn himself in
    -Andy Rooney-

OMG little D's tea party did me in. Such a sweet gesture.

I am sick, to death, of Billy and this Deliah storyline.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I am sick, to death, of Billy and this Deliah storyline.
    I have decided to nap while this is on, but its on all the time. The other stories are a snore fest so I record it and see maybe 5 mins
    -Andy Rooney-

Shame on these lousy writers!

FORT Fan

I have not watched the show since right before the car accident and don't plan to, their lackluster writing freed up an hour of my day.

I stopped watching when they killed Delia. I'm no longer interested.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    inthegarden likes this.

I admit I still watch and there has been some great acting imo even by Chloe who I never was impressed with. Adam and Billy are doing a fantastic job acting. I have always loved Michael Muhney's acting as Adam and he didn't do it even though he thinks he did. I believe it was either Courtney who is Noah's girlfriend and Summer's best friend. If not her then this Zach who Courtney received a text from while with Noah and she made an excuse to Noah and left the coffee house to see what it was about. Something about Courtney appears to be shady (involved in drugs herself or this Zach who has not been introduced yet is). The two are connected somehow. It recently came out when Fen was sent to prison for drugs. Summer recently visited him and it came out that the girl who supplied Fen with enough drugs so he would be arrested told Fen that Courtney was his biggest customer.

I know there is no way Adam did this, but he is convinced he did. He is getting to the point where he will turn himself in or I believe Kevin or Victor (Victor always has to get involved in everything and has his top guys investigating) will find out that the SUV the police are still looking for is Adam's. The soap has also moved on in a few other directions so the episodes with mainly Billy and Adam lately, are only on a couple of days a week. BTW, Dash the dog did come back one day, but we haven't seen him again. Victoria said something about calling to see if she could find him a good home so I am assuming that is what she did.

I wish it were written the way the Y&R use to be written, but I don't want to see another soap bite the dust. IMO there are just to many Talk Shows or Game Shows on these days and I guess it's a reminder of how I grew up. Watching soaps with my grandmother is something I did when I had time off from school. I guess it reminds me of her and how much I still miss her. She was a great lady. So good, bad or indifferent until it is cancelled I will continue to watch.

ETA I read an article with Michael Muhney that this s/l was actually the brainchild of the ex head writer Josh Griffithís story - that it was planned for a year ahead of time how he wanted to see this story done. Michael said he took it as an honor to play such a big story like this and be so central to all of it and get to work with all the people he got to work with. He also considered Josh a friend and wanted to do it for him as well. He thought it was an amazingly unorthodox way to show Adamís humanity. So itís not a stereo-typical: ďOh, this is how we get to know Adam and his feelings, and what makes him tick.Ē Instead you get to see him in duress caught between a rock and a hard place, and in the middle of a storm and a hurricane and that is when someone shows their real heart. He thought that is where you are going to see Adamís real humanity that perhaps you never saw before.

He also said he was enthusiastic about how he thought people might respond, and what they would say, and he is sure it will evoke real feelings and emotions from people on both sides of the coin? He felt it was going to be an amazing discussion that will be out there that will go on for a long time, and he felt honored to be able to play such a controversial role.

I can't say whether the present writers made any changes to the original vision that Josh had for the story since the article I read was before the story actually aired. I can say one thing for sure it has made quite a few people on this site stop watching it. I do belong to another site that covers soaps only and they still seem to be watching it. I realized it had been forever since I had commented on here and was just curious what people on here felt, but I guess most have stopped watching.

+ Reply to Thread