+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree458Likes

Thread: Young and the Restless

Re: Young and the Restless

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    I still haven't seen it, Marlena, that is why I was asking if she and Beau were there. Jeanne had a fling with Beau??? Whoa, that's a bit creepy.
    Not really, her hubby and her got divorced and he was there. I was never surprised, remember Mrs Brady( Henderson) and how she had an affair with the guy that played her son
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Nah, that is sort of an urban legend about Barry and Florence. They went on a 'date' to dinner and had to be driven by Barry's older brother b/c he could not drive yet. There was no affair. TV Legends Revealed: Did Greg Brady Really Date His TV Mom? Spinoff Online – TV, Film, and Entertainment News Daily

I just think it's kind of creepy about Jeanne and Beau because 1) there is quite a large age difference and 2) the fact that they portrayed mother and son on screen makes it seem a bit incestuous. I know it really isn't but it still creeps me out. YMMV

Nah, that is sort of an urban legend about Barry and Florence. They went on a 'date' to dinner and had to be driven by Barry's older brother b/c he could not drive yet. There was no affair. TV Legends Revealed: Did Greg Brady Really Date His TV Mom? Spinoff Online – TV, Film, and Entertainment News Daily

I just think it's kind of creepy about Jeanne and Beau because 1) there is quite a large age difference and 2) the fact that they portrayed mother and son on screen makes it seem a bit incestuous. I know it really isn't but it still creeps me out. YMMV
    I guess I think Jeannie was a bit of , well not quite the lady we think, she was bawdy and had fun. Everyone loved her, he more than others
    -Andy Rooney-

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I still haven't seen it, Marlena, that is why I was asking if she and Beau were there. Jeanne had a fling with Beau??? Whoa, that's a bit creepy.
    Oh I'm sorry! I didn't realize.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Don't know if it's been posted here but Michelle Stafford is leaving Y&R. She started on the show in 1994, stayed three years and then left for another three years. She has been on the show continuously since 2000! The article I read did not give a reason for her departure. I can't imagine another Phyllis.
    WHAT???? NO NO NOOOOOOO!!!!! I can't have that! She is without a doubt my most favorite character on Y&R!!! She does crazy sooooo well. I am NOT happy about this news at all! *shakes head* I will NOT accept another Phyllis.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I agree, possibly to another soap.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *falls to the floor laughing*

Good thing I wasn't drinking anything...... or else it would have been all over the monitor.

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01 View Post
    great tribute but way too short. The stairway goodnight, was that her last scene ever?

I am very sad. She looked so frail. I will definitely miss her presence on the Y&R!

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *falls to the floor laughing*

Good thing I wasn't drinking anything...... or else it would have been all over the monitor.
    I love a -* I nearly spat on my monitor laugh.* I am still waiting to see what Carmen has up his sleeve. He hasn't finished with nasal Lauren yet.
    Adam, please find out the kid is yours - now!
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    WHAT???? NO NO NOOOOOOO!!!!! I can't have that! She is without a doubt my most favorite character on Y&R!!! She does crazy sooooo well. I am NOT happy about this news at all! *shakes head* I will NOT accept another Phyllis.
    ITA!!!

I LOVE HER! I am beyond upset that MS is leaving the show! I can't believe I won't be seeing Phyllis anymore. I am so sad. Y&R better not even try to replace HER! There is no one like MS that can play Phyllis. NO ONE.

GEEZ, I wonder why? I wonder what MS will now be doing?
    KAREN

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I haven't watched Y&R in years - like maybe 15 or more - but today, while avoiding commercials during the tennis match I was watching - I flipped to the 'news' on CNN. Split screen of the interviewer/interviewee talking about the housing market. "Interviewee" was listed as a REAL ESTATE EXPERT.

I kept thinking he looked very familiar. When they put up his name, it hit me. Long, long time ago MICHAEL CORBETT was on this soap. He looks very much the same as he did back then. Not sure when he made the transition from actor to expert, but according to IMDB, he was on The View last year talking about the best places to buy/rent a home.

Here's a pic for those of you trying to place the name with the face:

michael corbett Y&R real estate.jpg
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread