+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree445Likes

Thread: Young and the Restless

Re: Young and the Restless

Hah, I was laughing about Summer as a "model" as well - but I actually was thinking it was as bad as Cricket/Christine.

The new Kyle is dreadful. The boy cannot act to save his life. Why was he cast? Honestly cannot remember a worst actor on this show.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    Hah, I was laughing about Summer as a "model" as well - but I actually was thinking it was as bad as Cricket/Christine.

The new Kyle is dreadful. The boy cannot act to save his life. Why was he cast? Honestly cannot remember a worst actor on this show.
    I think they needed him to look older, it didn't work. He matches Summer in the acting dept.down I don't need another Billy/Mac storyline
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Don't know if it's been posted here but Michelle Stafford is leaving Y&R. She started on the show in 1994, stayed three years and then left for another three years. She has been on the show continuously since 2000! The article I read did not give a reason for her departure. I can't imagine another Phyllis.

What?!?! She's nuts. Why would she leave now, when she's become the featured lead actress? Makes no sense. Mind you she has now broken up with Jack and there's no whiff of her reuniting with Nick (although we sure are getting some strong hints about a Nick/Sharon reunion). Right now she has nothing to do but pretend to be exasperated with Summer. Will she be run out of town on the heels of Nick's paternity test? Jack takes over parenting of Summer, and Kyle becomes the protective big brother? (It's what we are getting set up for anyway.) I think they'll write the character out for now and cross their fingers that Stafford will have a change of heart in the future.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I'm sad about Michelle Stafford leaving. As annoying as she was sometimes as a character I think she's an amazing actress! I too hope they send her off somewhere in the hopes she will return. Or, maybe they can throw her off the cliff that Drucilla went over and those 2 can meet up somewhere down the river. Can you imagine?

As Fanny Mare stated above - I am not looking forward to another similar Mac/Billy storyline with Summer/Kyle. I don't like new Kyle, I didn't like Kyle before New Kyle... heck, I am not sure I even liked little kid Kyle. I am not excited about any of the story lines right now
    I'm here likes this.

I don't care for weird Fen, and that whole storyline with Michael and Lauren is real z
    I FF through so much, its just a habit to record it.
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Lauren is bad for Fen's image. She does not want him to man up! She stops his dad everytime he tries to step in. Michael needs to move out and take Fen with him.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Lauren is bad for Fen's image. She does not want him to man up! She stops his dad every time he tries to step in. Michael needs to move out and take Fen with him.

I agree, possibly to another soap.
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I hate to speak ill of "one of my own", but women can be the worst things that can happen to boy-children. We have this tendency to want to baby them, and not let them go. We cannot teach them how to be men; we need to not resent the men in their lives who try to take them in that direction, as long as they are taking them there with love and true understanding.
    football_chick likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

If all else fails, trot out the ghost of Cassie
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread