+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree432Likes

Thread: Young and the Restless

FORT Fan

Re: Young and the Restless

Jeanne passed away. This from Corbin:

Wasn't sure how I would have to say these words so I opt for simplicity at least to begin...

My mother passed away this morning just a short time ago, peaceful with my sister by her side, in her sleep. I was going to visit this afternoon, thought I had time. Reminder to self - time is a precious thing. I too am at peace however. I said my goodbyes several times over during the last few weeks. I'll go one last time now for a gentle kiss a final farewell for this lifetime. She has been a blaze her entire life, that beacon, that boxer I spoke of earlier. She went the full twelve rounds and by unanimous decision... won! And while her light finally gave into the wind that gives flight to all our journeys, there will always be a glimmer left behind by what she stood for. I will speak about that more in coming days, months I suppose. I will certainly dedicate what remains of my life to continue her purpose of honesty, equality, humility, empathy... and love. So many of you have said your prayers for her and right now, today, I can say the best way to honor her is to inhabit your lives with those things she stood for. I would ask that closer friends respectfully give us some time to find our family's path in this transition, and please limit calls, emails and the rest for a couple of days. As always, your outpouring of love here on this page, is not only welcomed to continue but truly appreciated and comforting. I asked my sister what time she passed exactly, and she told me (not to important for public record) but I was working out and just happened to pick out a song for my final moments on the treadmill - "Everlasting Light" by the Black Keys. Oh what a wonder it all is... what a magnificence!
    Trust Me!

Rip, Mrs C. I knew it was coming- its still very sad
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I've been watching Y&R since 1980 and this news has brought tears to my eyes. The old gal died with her boots on, doing what she loved to do, performing on the show she clearly loved. RIP Mrs. C.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

So sad to hear this today. RIP Mrs C.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Very sad news for soap fans. I haven't watched for a few years now but am a little sad, that if I decided to watch again that Mrs. C won't be there.

RIP Jeanne Cooper
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

RIP Jeanne Cooper aka Mrs. C. She is one of the reasons I started to watch the show so many many years ago.

YOUNG AND RESTLESS will air a tribute episode on Tuesday, May 28 to celebrate the life of the beloved Jeanne Cooper (Katherine, Y&R) who died on May 8 at the age of 84. Cast, family and friends will share their favorite memories, while past interviews and classic clips of the Emmy-winning actress will be included.

I was hoping they would do this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Might need a few tissues that day.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Yes, quite a few. I bet they have some laughs as well
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

Thanks for posting the tribute Fanny Mare.
    I loved Mrs.C, even all her crazy, mean ways. Jeanne Cooper was the best and I'll miss her.
    What will Nikki do now?
    Who will keep Victor in line?

+ Reply to Thread