+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree445Likes

Thread: Young and the Restless

Re: Young and the Restless

I love that Jack ALWAYS wears a crisp-white shirt with his well-fitted suits. Colored shirts just don't carry the same power. The white shirts always seem to tell you who is in power.
    As much as I enjoy seeing Jack (and Adam, for that matter) in business attire I'd LOVE to see him dress down occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Oops sorry!
    I like any house with Adam in it.

I like ANY and all episodes with Adam in it.....

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    I just watched Friday's episode and you were right. From Carmine straight to Michael... YUCK!

and Abby as a minister....unbelievable.

But how long until guilt finds its way into the picture? Funny how the text message is displayed on the screen. Funny... mine doesn't do that. I actually have to open my messages. Sooo... how long until Michael actually sees the message?
    I'm going to take a guess now and say... Carmine isn't going to leave her alone.... will he want money or will he become the next stalker? Like Michael once was?

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I couldn't understand what that Abby scene was about. Did she get herself an online certificate that allows her to perform marriages, or what? That always seemed so bogus and stupid to me. for that matter, Mrs. chancellor could do it, cound't she....if she could remember? The previews make it sound like they'll be "getting married" everyday until they get around to the "real thing".

Lame, Lame, Lame!

Bored... bored... BORING!!! They've been married soooo many times. No doubt one of those marriages are still legal.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    But how long until guilt finds its way into the picture? Funny how the text message is displayed on the screen. Funny... mine doesn't do that. I actually have to open my messages. Sooo... how long until Michael actually sees the message?
    I'm going to take a guess now and say... Carmine isn't going to leave her alone.... will he want money or will he become the next stalker? Like Michael once was?
    Carmine wants more!!!!!!!!!! more I say ( ugh)
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

UGH!!! Is right! What else could Carmine want? Other than her money? I almost puked when he told her that he's never been with a woman like Lauren.... OY VEY! Does he mean an older women... with horrible extentions.... giant capped teeth and really bad acting skills? I'm confused on what he meant....

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    UGH!!! Is right! What else could Carmine want? Other than her money? I almost puked when he told her that he's never been with a woman like Lauren.... OY VEY! Does he mean an older women... with horrible extentions.... giant capped teeth and really bad acting skills? I'm confused on what he meant....
    LOL! you are so funny Yes thats exactly what he meant!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

LOL! you are so funny Yes thats exactly what he meant!

I was hoping you might have more clarification on the matter... but thanks for confirming!

Ugh I disliked Brad! slimy. My dog barked every time he was on screen
    I FF through so much, it takes me 10 minutes to see it these days And they new house, is the new penthouse they had. How creative
    I haven't commented on this thread for soooooo long, but just came by to see what you are all thinking these days. Regarding the recycled Penthouse (now new Ranch) what gave it away for you? For me it was the stair placement. I actually liked the Penthouse better. I mean with all their supposed money I was waiting for something to blow me away and it just didn't.

On the subject of where these people live as some are houses and I guess some are apartments or maybe condos, and not saying that they are my taste just how they fit with these wealthy people. Mrs. C's house fits and when they have her annual 4th of July pool party we at least get to see the outside then. Not sure what they have done with Murphy though as we rarely see him. Avery, Michael & Lauren, Phyllis, and Cane & Lily places seem similar, but I like Avery's the best because it seems light and airy and because she has a real-life background as a professional gourmet chef we actually get to see the kitchen. When we use to see more of Neil's place I would put it in the same category as the others except for Avery.

Then we go to Sharon's place who is still allowed to live on the ranch although I am not sure why. It's suppose to be a house and seems nice enough for what they show. Maybe when Dylan finishes the kitchen we will get to see that. Adam's house while dark still fits as far as a proper place to live and the same goes for Jack's house.

Now we get to Nick's house which I believe is the done over tack house and why would someone who has the most people living with him (Faith, Noah, Summer) live in this small, not more than a cottage looking place?

Chloe and Kevin whose house we got to see when Kevin brought her through and I don't remember seeing since, but he wanted her to love it as much as he did. To my understanding it was bought and given to Kevin and Angie by her father. I don't understand if it was given to Kevin and Angie as a wedding present while they were married why Kevin and Chloe can't make mortgage payments all at once and they had to go through stupid s/l's of her playing cat burglar and Kevin moving money around, etc.? They also bought that dog and seemed to make a big deal about it and yet when is the last time we have seen Delilah? Now they have forgotten about the dog.

Not sure where the rest of the people on this soap sleep or live as they haven't shown us. Where does Carmine, Adriana, Tyler, Leslie, Mason, Sarge, Alex or even Abby live?

Another thing I noticed was that they gave us a new set for people to hang around in place of the Athletic Club and I have already forgotten the name, but now they have returned to the Athletic Club. Where did that other new place go to? Is it now Nick's new place The Underground?

Pretty sad that instead of talking about the wonderful s/l's going on in this soap I am reduced to talking about the places people live.

I have watched CBS soaps forever. Watched Y&R, B&B, ATWT and the GL. They took away ATWT and the GL so then continued with Y&R and B&B. The only good thing about B&B is they do have beautiful sets and the people live in fabulous houses which you would expect wealthy people to live in. Brad from Y&R moved over to B&B, but he is suppose to be the Victor of B&B, but instead of being involved with business dealings and ruthless moves regarding his enemies he seems to spend more time and doing ruthless things against the girl his son was in love with and instead helped the one he wanted his son to be with. For those that don't watch he had an affair with this girl he was helping, but instead decided to stay with his wife who was our original Victoria on the Y&R. They did everything, but have sex as the girl's mother broke them up before the could do the final deed. Anyway, after all these years of watching the CBS soaps I have giving up watching the B&B as it got too stupid. I still hung on with the Y&R, and every once in awhile it is not bad, but again it is not the soap it use to be. I have started watching DOOL and GH. Still trying to get use to all these new characters for me, but at least I am seeing more drama. I thought the reason they brought in new writers for the Y&R was to improve it, but I am not seeing it. There are some characters that I really like (Adam as one), and I am liking the new Dylan, but hope that somehow we get to see better s/l's. I don't know how the rest of you feel, but I am tired of all these talk shows and if you see one it seems like you have seen them all. The same guests appear as they seem to make the rounds. I don't want to see soaps replaced with yet another one or yet another game show. I watch Dallas at night time and it is like a night time soap. Fantastic writing. That is the key with these actors. If they are given the right material I think they can deliver. The original Bobby Ewing as played by Patrick Duffy is just as good as he was back on the original Dallas. He was on the B&B as a character who was only on once in awhile as Stephen Logan, but his lines were horrible and you would never think he was the same actor. I think at one time soaps had great writers and I don't know where they have gone to, but IMO I think that is what is wrong with the soaps of today and for me a long time viewer of Y&R it is disappointing. End of my long rant!

^^^^ Regarding where people live in GC... it seems that they stay at the Athletic Club. Although, for Abby... when she is in town.. she lives in HER HOUSE. That used to be Brad's house. Must be the popular place to stay. GC must be a very small community. Where you see the same people... no matter where you go.... no matter the time of the day. Just like the coffee shop. Must be the ONLY coffee shop in town. (in my neck of the woods there are Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts almost on each corner). If one wants to exercise... of course one would go to the Athletic Club. If one is hungry... they either go to the Athletic Club or the coffee shop. Must be the only two places in town to eat.

I often speak about my dislike for Victor and Nikki... and why would I stop now? I am SOOOOOOO bored with their daily marriages. OMG.. if I didn't actually like to see... I would poke my eyes out... just to avoid watching them. Good thing for FF.

Just how many times did Carmine and Lauren sleep with each other? From my count... I think it was twice. Boy does he fall fast.... he keeps texting her and hitting on her each time he sees her. Um... come on dude... when a gal tells you she is going back to her life and husband... give her some space!!!!! STOP TEXTING HER!

GC is a very safe place to live.... where a person can just leave his cell phone on the bar.... and not fear that it be taken. Of course Lauren was texting Carmine JUST WHEN Michael was AT the bar... RIGHT IN FRONT of the phone.... inhaling the nuts from a "public" bowl. Um... EWWWWW!!! I would NEVER eat out of a bowl where strangers all eat from. Ohhhh yeah... forgot... NO strangers in GC. And... besides... in GC... everybody is practically related. Soo... its ok... to eat those nuts.

Can't stand this sweet Abby... I like her much more when she is causing trouble.

Its about time Chelsea found somebody to have sex with to pretend is the baby daddy.... I was hope it was Cane... but since his character already visited that situation... I guess the PTB didn't want to do it again. Poor Dylan. If it couldn't be Cane... that I was hoping the NY cop would be involved. He could have done his own investigation.

Sooo.. Paul is the head cop in town now? When did that happen? I suppose since Cricket is the DA... of course Paul would be hired.

I like how Nick is protecting his woman... going around threatening the politician. Of course.. thats not against the law... right?

There isn't one storyline that I am interested in. WE NEED MORE ADAM!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread