+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree458Likes

Thread: Young and the Restless

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Re: Young and the Restless

I guess they gotta do SOMETHING with Chelsea, eh? Now they're reinventing a past for her. Oh sure, I can see the writers sitting around a table and the best of the bad ideas they came up with was "ok, picture this, sure she grew up as a con artist with her mom and was a skanky lil bartender as she ran a scam on Billy to get him tossed in a foreign jail where they'd lock him up and throw away the key but at one point she was interested in fashion and had such God-given talent that now she's married to a super rich guy and has nothing but time on her hands and can hook up with a new BFF who's a pseudo-stylist herself and Chelsea will be a.... {wait for it... wait for it}... a fashion designer! Yeah, that's it... a fashion designer... WE CAN SO SELL THiS!!!"

For real?
    That's the best they could do?
    Gawd. just shoot me.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    I guess they gotta do SOMETHING with Chelsea, eh? Now they're reinventing a past for her. Oh sure, I can see the writers sitting around a table and the best of the bad ideas they came up with was "ok, picture this, sure she grew up as a con artist with her mom and was a skanky lil bartender as she ran a scam on Billy to get him tossed in a foreign jail where they'd lock him up and throw away the key but at one point she was interested in fashion and had such God-given talent that now she's married to a super rich guy and has nothing but time on her hands and can hook up with a new BFF who's a pseudo-stylist herself and Chelsea will be a.... {wait for it... wait for it}... a fashion designer! Yeah, that's it... a fashion designer... WE CAN SO SELL THiS!!!"

For real?
    That's the best they could do?
    Gawd. just shoot me.
    Get out of my head - I thought the same damn thing!

I see we have the gay Noah about to emerge.He got a tweet that said "I miss you" , and he replied, never saying a name.

I do like this Noah
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

My editorial review: Boring, boring, boring, SNORE!
    I'm here likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Y&R is going from bad to badder and that is not even a word but it is for Y&R.

Ya that whole Chelsea s/l is LAME.

I do like the nuNoah.

I love me so much Adam esp when he is giving it to a Newman.
    KAREN

Young and the Restless

Wow! That's quite a big busload 'o' bitches heading out of GC...Genevieve, Heather, Christine...and I guess someone threw Vicki in the trunk. Jill must have scared 'em all away.

Just wanted to give credit when credit is due - Phyllis looked phenomenal today. The dress especially was gorgeous. Quite a relief from the haggard hag these last few weeks.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Young and the Restless

Wow! That's quite a big busload 'o' bitches heading out of GC...Genevieve, Heather, Christine...and I guess someone threw Vicki in the trunk. Jill must have scared 'em all away.

Just wanted to give credit when credit is due - Phyllis looked phenomenal today. The dress especially was gorgeous. Quite a relief from the haggard hag these last few weeks.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post

ROFLMAO! Love the "busload 'o' bitches" line. She may have looked gorgeous but Phyllis was never more juvenile than she was with Adam and Jack today. For the love of chocolate, she thinks... and acts... like a 4 year old. I was waiting for her to stick her tongue out at Adam as only a child would do!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I was watching today's US episode and thinking ugly thoughts about Michelle Stafford. She was wearing a nice dress but looked pregnant in it. For no reason! I mean, hello, there's Spanx! Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of hers... I think for many years she's consistently turned in stellar performances - regardless if I like or dislike what Phyllis is doing, hell, that's the writers, not MS. She has a rockin figure and has maintained herself amazingly well especially considering she's barely a year younger than I am. I could only DREAM of looking that good! LOL!

I happened to catch the last 5 minutes of Days of Our Lives this afternoon. It's a show I haven't watched since college but I was SUPER into it back in high school (yes, 30 years ago!). One of my favorite characters was Jennifer Horton (played by Melissa Reeves). Loved loved loved loved her!!! And today the part of Days that I caught had Melissa Reeves on it!!! Okay, I gotta say, it was rather sobering. She's three years younger than me - and I won't go into details (this is already unflattering enough as it is) but holy moly it looked like someone decided to age her character by eleventy-bazillion years because she looked sooooooooo old. I couldn't believe it. The poor thing has not aged well at all I was very saddened by this.

So here I was all ready to talk smack about Michelle Stafford and then saw Melissa Reeves. I can't begin to imagine the kind of pressure all actors are under to look good. Especially soap stars who are on our screen pretty much 52 weeks a year. Movie actors we don't often see so much maybe once or twice a year. Television actors we see probably weekly but only for say 16 weeks at a time. Soap actors are much more of a constant in our lives. I applaud the ones who seem to somehow manage to be rather ageless. I can only imagine the pressure. I know if someone saw me today for the first time in like 30 years they'd think I had aged eleventy-bazillion years because I look soooooooo old. But to me there's a difference... for celebrities their job is to be hot so they need to be the hottest hot they can be! Personal trainers, massage therapists, aestheticians, hair dressers, personal stylists, cooks, etc. I'm just an average Jane and it's not my job to be hot. I don't have a personal trainer or massage therapist or aesthetician or hair dresser on call or personal stylist or chef, blah blah blah.

Anyway, totally rambling. I totally applaud the ones who seem ageless (Michelle Stafford, Sharon Case & Lauralee Bell). It's gotta be hard.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

What you are saying reminds me of the commercial with Julia Louis Dreyfuss for Old Christine(?) where she says to a guy that people still think she's in her early 30s.....and he says someting like, "Let me speak for them.......no, they don't!" Talk about an "ouch!"

What we see and what we think they see too, can, often be 2 different things!

How rude!!

Sometimes, it's just better to stay away from certain subjects.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fanatic

I have decided that this thread is better than the actual show now.
    football_chick likes this.

+ Reply to Thread