+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree445Likes

Thread: Young and the Restless

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Re: Young and the Restless

I'm sorry but Adam is promising Sharon everything will be alright... why?
    Why does Adam give a rat's-fanny what happens with Sharon and burning down the ranch?
    The only thing I can fathom is he can't deal with his/chelsie's loss and this is his coping mechanism... turning to / helping Sharon.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    I'm sorry but Adam is promising Sharon everything will be alright... why?
    Why does Adam give a rat's-fanny what happens with Sharon and burning down the ranch?
    The only thing I can fathom is he can't deal with his/chelsie's loss and this is his coping mechanism... turning to / helping Sharon.

Adam, feels bad for Sharon since the Newmans have shunned her, and they pretty much have done the same to him. All i have to say if anyone finds out Sharon started the fire there will be HELL to pay.

Well we actually got to see Avery's digs! Lovely! I liked her apt! Not sure why Phyllis called it PeeWee's Playhouse!

Looks like Vic will be rebuilding. Why does Y&R make Sharon so needy all the time?

I like Nick with Avery!
    KAREN

Young and the Restless

I had to laugh at the scene in the club...Avery & Nick in matching outfits and Phyllis lurking in the doorway, swathed in black and looking like one of the hags from Macbeth. They have to do something with the hair - it's too dark for her and it ages her a good 10 years.

I really don't get Adam running to Sharon's rescue. They're playing it like he's still in love with her so I guess re-coupling them is in the near future.
    I'm here likes this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    I had to laugh at the scene in the club...Avery & Nick in matching outfits and Phyllis lurking in the doorway, swathed in black and looking like one of the hags from Macbeth. They have to do something with the hair - it's too dark for her and it ages her a good 10 years.

I really don't get Adam running to Sharon's rescue. They're playing it like he's still in love with her so I guess re-coupling them is in the near future.
    Yeah the Adam-running-to-Sharon's-rescue just screams FAKEY FAKEY to me. He totally dissed her and tossed her butt to the curb right before he married Chelsea. And when Sharon was wreaking havoc as head of Newman and everyone hated her and she had no one to turn to, he did nothing for her. Now all of a sudden he is lying to his wife-who-just-lost-their-baby and doing anything he can to avoid being home with her all because he needs to protect Sharon? Puhleeze! Anyone else wanna whisper new-writing-team along with me?

I've decided I like Phyllis' hair much better darker. Took a while but I'm there now. Just wish SHE'd commit to one color. I realize they don't tape all the scenes in the same day that are later aired in a single episode but wow, it feels like whiplash seeing her hair color change so often.

Avery's got a nice place I'd stay there!
    I'm here likes this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

FORT Fan

Speaking of aging someone, poor Avery's wardrobe. They dress her all wrong for her body type and those suits are hideous. The wardrobe people are failing massively. Avery is very attractive and they dress her too matronly, yet they dress Nikki too young. They can dress her professionally without having her look 50. I see many female attorneys her age in smart looking shift dresses and jackets, etc. Everyone in Genoa City dresses up too much. We rarely see characters in jeans or casual clothes in scenes at their homes.
    Marlena_M likes this.

Yeah... I don't get Adam. The idea that he can't or won't cope with the loss of the baby is pushing him towards Sharon. Unless the devil himself has a heart.. he indeed is feeling what Sharon felt when HE stole her baby from her.
    And is now left to deal with HIS karma?

I like Adam with Chelsea but like him with Sharon too.
    I like Nick with Avery
    I LOVE Phyllis when she is jealous. Drama and chaos is sure to follow...
    Marlena_M likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by short_lived View Post
    Speaking of aging someone, poor Avery's wardrobe. They dress her all wrong for her body type and those suits are hideous. The wardrobe people are failing massively. Avery is very attractive and they dress her too matronly, yet they dress Nikki too young. They can dress her professionally without having her look 50. I see many female attorneys her age in smart looking shift dresses and jackets, etc. Everyone in Genoa City dresses up too much. We rarely see characters in jeans or casual clothes in scenes at their homes.

Avery IS too young to be dressing that old.... and she is younger than Phyllis... yet seems older. They dress Phyllis very well. AND you're right about Nikki dressing to young. I guess after all the weight she recently lost she/they wants to show it.
    The only place you see people dressing down is at the coffe shop.

Quote Originally Posted by short_lived View Post
    I thought that light grey "suit" they dressed Avery in this week was truly hideous. Jessica Collins has a GREAT figure and can wear so many styles. She's Phyllis' younger sister and they dress her as if she's her older Aunt.

I crack up when I see Victor or Jack in jeans. They look so stiff and uncomfortable and out of place and I'm sure, in real life, Peter Bergman and Eric Braden wear jeans quite well.

Another thing I notice, they're all always wearing shoes - even the women in those high heels at home. Maybe it's just MY household but we rarely, if ever, wear shoes in the house.
    I'm here likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    I thought that light grey "suit" they dressed Avery in this week was truly hideous. Jessica Collins has a GREAT figure and can wear so many styles. She's Phyllis' younger sister and they dress her as if she's her older Aunt.

I crack up when I see Victor or Jack in jeans. They look so stiff and uncomfortable and out of place and I'm sure, in real life, Peter Bergman and Eric Braden wear jeans quite well.

Another thing I notice, they're all always wearing shoes - even the women in those high heels at home. Maybe it's just MY household but we rarely, if ever, wear shoes in the house.
    I actually thought she was pregnant in that suit. It made her look quite "puffy" in the mid-section.

I too crack up when I see Victor in jeans. Its just so odd. Though... I crack up even harder when he is in the gym... hitting the punching bag. He is just sooooooooooooooo tough!

Its quite rare in my household too... me wearing heels. I love them but.. the second I'm home.. they are off.

The only person I'm getting used to see dressed down in Chelsea. Since she has gotten on the show she has been like that.
    Funny... since she married Adam, I guess she doesn't need to work anymore.
    Marlena_M likes this.

+ Reply to Thread