+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 521 FirstFirst ... 28293031323334353637383940414243444546474888138 ... LastLast
Like Tree443Likes

Thread: Young and the Restless

prhoshay, I agree with your comment on the other show--although I couldn't quite follow it all-- I watched it briefly ages ago.

Fom what I saw when I watched recently, the daughter of the woman who is marrying her (the daughter's) ex-husband (and who also married a guy and then his father, and then went back to the guy--I think)-- anyway, the daughter is marrying the ex-fiancee of the ex-on-the verge-of-the-grave daughter/sister of her mother's husbands.

What next. Maybe the mother can eventually marry the mother of the son/husband, (even though they've been enemies for ten years)-- if they all move to Massachusetts (or is it New Hampshire?).

Who thinks up these plots?

Cavendish

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    [I'm not against facial hair, but Joshua Morrow's just looks scruffy, and he always looks like the human rendition of a thundercloud. He does have great lips, though. He needs a little maintenance, if you ask me!
    I've been a huge Y&R fan for close to 20 years now. Always was "borderline" on Josh Morrow but IMO this "new look" of his looks eerily resemblent of Lucifer. All he needs is a couple of horns on top and that'd seal it for me. He needs to lay off the grease in his hair and shave the scruffy crap off his face. Grosses me out for certain!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Spoiler Alert!!!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060712/...eric_braeden_2

LOS ANGELES - Blackouts, hallucinations, giving his archrival a job, turning his company over to his children, spending time with his wife, doting on his grandchildren — hardly the behavior of Genoa City's most ruthless businessman.

What in the name of Victor Newman is going on?

These are strange days for Eric Braeden's character on CBS' "The Young and the Restless."

Now in his 26th year playing the handsome tycoon on daytime's top-rated soap opera, Braeden relishes his front-burner story line that will culminate in a surprising diagnosis on Monday's episode.

Click to see Spoiler:
    His family is disturbed to find out that what they believed was a kinder Victor is a man affected by temporal lobe epilepsy — from a head injury sustained in a carjacking several months ago

"I absolutely love it because it's uncharted territory," Braeden said. "It's so interesting to play something that is childlike and naive and not as calculated and hostile and angry as he usually is."

The show's writing staff discussed its plans with Braeden ahead of time and then he researched the neurological condition, saying, "I just wanted to know Victor's behavior was medically sound."

Braeden also recorded a public-service announcement in cooperation with the Epilepsy Foundation that will air Monday and Tuesday.

"People with epilepsy can live very successful and seizure-free lives," he said.

In coming weeks, viewers will see how Victor deals with his diagnosis and how his family and business associates react, too.

Few daytime actors enjoy the longevity and popularity that Braeden does; and at 65, he remains a key character in the increasingly youth-driven soap opera world.

"I am enormously, eternally grateful for having had the opportunity," he said. "Where else do you get the chance to be vulnerable, to play a tough guy at the same time? The only other way I could imagine to be that satisfied would be to do Shakespeare."

Relaxing between scenes on a leather sofa in his small, unadorned dressing room at CBS Television City here, Braeden reflected on his character's popularity worldwide, except in his native Germany where "Y&R" is not broadcast.

"I was in the bazaar in Istanbul. I bought a carpet and all the merchants said, `Victor, Victor, Victor.' I thought, you must be kidding me," he said. "I'm standing in front of the Wailing Wall in Jerusalem, full of feelings about and thoughts about the history of this place and suddenly, almost sacrilegiously, people say, `Victor, Victor.'"

A Daytime Emmy winner in 1998, Braeden first gained serious notice in the `60s ABC series "The Rat Patrol." He also played John Jacob Astor in 1997's "Titanic."

Still, he doesn't take his renown seriously, although it's taught him the enormous power of Hollywood and the universality of emotions.

"We're not different from anyone. Those veiled women in the Middle East react the same way that women do in Canada. All the men in Turkey in the coffee shops and smoking the pipe all react the same," he said. "When you begin to believe that your god is different than the other guy's god, that's when we start going down paths of trouble."

Loyalty and longevity are hallmarks of Braeden's personal life. He credits those traits to growing up in the German town of Kiel, where relationships are long-lived. He and wife Dale have been married since 1966. (Their son, Christian, is a screenwriter.)

"That doesn't mean it hasn't been difficult. I've grown up with a European sensibility about that — you don't throw in the towel at the first sign of trouble," he said. "Life ain't all happy. You just stick it out."

There's one woman who can reduce Braeden to complete mush, and it isn't his TV wife, Nikki. It's Tatiana Marie, his 2 1/2-year-old granddaughter.

"I never thought I'd have such feelings of totally unrestricted love," he said. "I grew up in a world of men — three brothers, a lot of sports and fights. Now to have a girl, it's wonderful."

A rare, soft smile crosses Braeden's face and he chuckles thinking about the girl he calls "the greatest joy of my life."

Just then, a disembodied voice over a speaker beckons Braeden back to the set.

And for longtime fans who wonder when Victor will return to his power-thirsty ways in the boardroom, Braeden offers reassurance.

"Tell them to be patient," he said. "It will happen with a vengeance."

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC View Post
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060712/...eric_braeden_2

LOS ANGELES - Blackouts, hallucinations, giving his archrival a job, turning his company over to his children, spending time with his wife, doting on his grandchildren — hardly the behavior of Genoa City's most ruthless businessman....

And for longtime fans who wonder when Victor will return to his power-thirsty ways in the boardroom, Braeden offers reassurance.

"Tell them to be patient," he said. "It will happen with a vengeance."
    Woot I can't wait!! Bring back the old Victor!

OK - I started watching/taping these again! I am hooked and trying to catch up. What is the deal with Neil and Carmen? not sure if that is her name. Who is she, where did she come from,. who is she "with"? Where is Drucilla, Olivia, Nate, etc. OK - thanks!

Welcome back, PGM35. It doesn't take much to be sucked back in. Neil and Carmen have been getting closer while Dru is off working in Paris. I'm not sure who Carmen really is but she's obviously after Neil and screwing with Dru's schedule to keep her away. I'm not sure where Olivia is but I think Nate is off at school somewhere.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

OK - Thanks lildago! Oh, and what about Christine? Where is she off to? I know that she and Michael were working together - how long ago was that? Also, didn't Victor go to jail or something? And wasn't Nick mad at him for something?

Quote Originally Posted by daddyzgirl View Post
    Grrrr... I am so frustrated by some of the storylines.

Muduh - I agree with you re: Victor. How is Jack the only person noticing that Victor is a little "off"?

Also, JT and Colleen teaming up? Give me a break.

Finally - Daniel and Lily's fight. Was I the only one hoping that maybe the fight would turn into something more grand and split the two of them up...permanently.
    I just realized who Daniel was - when Phyllis trapped Danny (the singer) to marry her b/c of the baby - Daniel. WOW! I've missed a lot.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Has anyone noticed that Nick's eyebrows are reminiscent of Oscar the Grouch from Sesame Street?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

prhoshay, I believe you're referring to his eyeBROW. Is there even a separation there? Unibrows are us.

+ Reply to Thread