+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree445Likes

Thread: Young and the Restless

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    Hmmm... they are dropping more than a few hints... methinks Noah is gay and this would explain his quickie un-discussed breakup with Eden in Paris.
    Well, he is related to practically every girl in GC so maybe that's for the best.
    I think they're looking to keep Daisy and make Ricky into a Patti or a Sheila - he'll doing something bad, disappear, and return when the writers need him. Repeat cycle as often as necessary. I'm seeing Daisy being redeemed, like they did with Phyllis. She is pretty much the junior version of Phyllis anyway.

Speaking of Phyllis - there's not many outfits she can't pull off but that striped maxi dress...ugh, ugh, ugh. That was just pure meanness on the stylist's part. Almost as bad as Nikki packed into that yellow dress. Third runner-up was that god-awful swimsuit of Eden's. Now why would they put such an ugly suit on that pretty girl?
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Re: Young and the Restless

Not thrilled to hear that Eileen Davidson was fired. I wonder if they will cast someone new for Ashley or have something happen to her. Truthfully if they wanted to save money...they could fire Lily...Cane...Harmony & Geneieve. Wouldn't miss any of them.

I don't mind the Jack & Nikki relationship....except that she loves Victor & Jack deserves better. Why after all these years can't the writers just allow him a woman who loves him.

Anyone see Paul & Avery getting together? It sure looks like it's headed that way.

I'd like to see more of Sophia now that she kicked Neil to the curb. I used to like his character a lot...but the writers changed him too much. If they fire Lily & Cane...may as well add Neil too.

Love the relationship between Billy & Victoria.

I wonder how many more years this show will be on?

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

When Noah first appeared at Sharon's house last week, out of the blue, the very first thing I noticed about him was the newly manicured eyebrows. They just looked very feminine to me. Granted, that absolutely means nothing... but he looked different to me... facially he looked much more feminine and I never ever noticed that about him in the past. Also, his reaction to Sharon & Victor's "relationship"... he said "you can't help who you love". The fact that he's not fazed about it is wonderful however he's taking it totally differently than his father. Nick just essentially says "I'm not wasting my energy on you two, you're not worth it"... Noah says "you can't help who you love". Neither is letting Sharon/Victor get under their skin but for totally different reasons. Then today at Jack's holiday BBQ Noah says to Abby "Eden and I broke up because of me". If they're not trying to move toward Noah being gay, they need better writers!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    Well, he is related to practically every girl in GC so maybe that's for the best.
    I think they're looking to keep Daisy and make Ricky into a Patti or a Sheila - he'll doing something bad, disappear, and return when the writers need him. Repeat cycle as often as necessary. I'm seeing Daisy being redeemed, like they did with Phyllis. She is pretty much the junior version of Phyllis anyway.

Speaking of Phyllis - there's not many outfits she can't pull off but that striped maxi dress...ugh, ugh, ugh. That was just pure meanness on the stylist's part. Almost as bad as Nikki packed into that yellow dress. Third runner-up was that god-awful swimsuit of Eden's. Now why would they put such an ugly suit on that pretty girl?
    I get the feeling they're gonna back themselves into a tight corner with Ricky and he'll be gone before the end of summer. I could be wrong though since I felt that way about Adam early on and they've found a way to 'redeem' him.

I agree with you about that striped maxi on Phyllis but not because of the dress but sorry Michelle Stafford's bustline looked old and saggy.
    I agree with you about Nikki being packed into that yellow dress. They've done a good job of dressing her lately but this one is a throw-back to the "holy cow she's gained weight so WTF are we gonna do now" days.
    I agree with you about Eden's swimsuit. That style of swimsuit looks flattering on no one IMO!!!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Anyone see Paul & Avery getting together? It sure looks like it's headed that way.
    Yup!

I did LOL seeing Danny and The Bug together, they were never any good in the chemistry dept. Now older- still not good.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

At first I was wondering about Michael and Avery. It's astounding how long Michael and Lauren have been together. That's pretty unheard of on a soap! LOL! But yeah I'm now seeing moe of Avery and Paul getting together.

As for Danny and Christine... O-M-G... gross out city! She bores the living daylights out of me. I firmly believe Lauralee Bell is a cruddy "actress" and was only cast because of her daddy. She's been around ever since because of who she is. Watching her and Michael Damian in a love scene is just a yuck-fest.

At first I was wondering about Michael and Avery. It's astounding how long Michael and Lauren have been together. That's pretty unheard of on a soap! LOL! But yeah I'm now seeing moe of Avery and Paul getting together.

As for Danny and Christine... O-M-G... gross out city! She bores the living daylights out of me. I firmly believe Lauralee Bell is a cruddy "actress" and was only cast because of her daddy. She's been around ever since because of who she is. Watching her and Michael Damian in a love scene is just a yuck-fest.
    A big yuck-fest!
    I so want Daniel to find Daisy with evil Ricky.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Marlene_M Thank you for the chuckles! Your post are far better than Y&R has been lately.
    What has happened to this show...I'm only watching the first few minutes and then fast forwarding and deleting.

I agree with you about that striped maxi on Phyllis but not because of the dress but sorry Michelle Stafford's bustline looked old and saggy.
    I agree with you about Nikki being packed into that yellow dress. They've done a good job of dressing her lately but this one is a throw-back to the "holy cow she's gained weight so WTF are we gonna do now" days.
    I agree with you about Eden's swimsuit. That style of swimsuit looks flattering on no one IMO!!!

ABSOLUTELY TOTALLY AGREE!!! Yuck Yuck Yuck.

The striped dress, the yellow dress, and that bathing suit dear.Lord, Y&R, have they totally SLICED your wardrobe budget because you went back about 10 years with all those outfits.
    KAREN

I have to say I am getting a big kick out of this dredging up Phyllis' past. Can't believe they brought back the psychiatrist! Between Phyllis, Daisy, and Ricky, the crazy is everywhere. I admit I am mostly fast-forwarding through to their scenes...dying to see how this is going to pan out. I'm suspecting Phyllis is not going to get a baby or a wedding. Something huge is going to happen...there has to be a reason for dragging Christine & Danny back and it can't just be that they wanted to do that yucky bedroom scene.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread