+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree445Likes

Thread: Young and the Restless

Re: Young and the Restless

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    Abby is a Billionairess so she doesn't "need" to work. Besides, she invested in Devon's "music company" so she has a job LOL It's almost as if none of these folks ever work. Even when they're AT work they're not working, they're just dealing with / doing personal stuff.
    She's an entitled brat, like most of them in GC
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Another show that I watch and just discovered the thread for. I have watched Y&R forever and why is it that all these shows are going downhill. We have lost so many great daytime soaps and it seems like much of my nighttime viewing is going away. I never watch TV during the day, but I record everything and then watch it at night or at my own convenience. I am down to this as my very last soap and I cannot believe how much the writing has been suffering. It's rather sad. I guess for the young people who may not have watched forever it is okay, but for me it is not the same soap I grew up with. Kyle showing up and aging how many years overnight and I do agree that quite a few other children have to be aged as well to make some sense out of it. What I don't understand is Phyllis being pregnant yet again with what will be yet another huge age difference. First Daniel, then Summer and now new baby - doesn't seem like your average family.

Just curious as I am new to the thread and did not want to go to the start and read all the way through, but who do people like and why? If I did go to the beginning I would probably forget by the time I got to here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post

Just curious as I am new to the thread and did not want to go to the start and read all the way through, but who do people like and why? If I did go to the beginning I would probably forget by the time I got to here.

Just go back a few weeks. You will see some us love Adam some dont( some pretend to hate him . ) You know how soaps move, very very slowly.

As for Phyllis, I think she might lose the baby.
    biggbaddgirl likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Just go back a few weeks. You will see some us love Adam some dont( some pretend to hate him . ) You know how soaps move, very very slowly.

As for Phyllis, I think she might lose the baby.
    Will do Fanny. I thought I might have to go back the the very beginning. I think the actor who plays Adam is terrific. The way he played the bad Adam was incredible - really made you want to hate him. Some of him I did not mind, but when he did some evil things like taking Sharon's baby from her was something I could not ever forgive if it were me and was quite surprised that Sharon was able to do that. I do like him with Chelsea, but hate Sharon with Victor. Not really fond of Nicki with Jack because I really do like Jack. Some of the low cut clothes that Nicki and Phyllis wear are pretty revealing. When Phyllis was spotting I thought she had lost the baby then, but then they made everything okay. I could see it happening down the road if Ricky goes through with his potential plans for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    Will do Fanny. I thought I might have to go back the the very beginning. I think the actor who plays Adam is terrific. The way he played the bad Adam was incredible - really made you want to hate him. Some of him I did not mind, but when he did some evil things like taking Sharon's baby from her was something I could not ever forgive if it were me and was quite surprised that Sharon was able to do that. I do like him with Chelsea, but hate Sharon with Victor. Not really fond of Nicki with Jack because I really do like Jack. Some of the low cut clothes that Nicki and Phyllis wear are pretty revealing. When Phyllis was spotting I thought she had lost the baby then, but then they made everything okay. I could see it happening down the road if Ricky goes through with his potential plans for her.
    I love Adam, I have since he started on this show.I like the bad Adam, and I am sure he will reappear again.LOL. I also like him with Chelsie. Sharon and Victor is wrong on so many levels, and we all know he will end up once again with Nikki. I just dont know how long the Victor /Nikki dance will go on. I guess until one of them dies, or leaves the show
    It's still the soap I love to hate - I record it so I can FF through it.

Smiling jack deserves to be married to someone who will love him, he's the best character on this show.
    -Andy Rooney-

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Nikki and Jack marrying again is almost.... aaaaallllllllmmmmmmoooooosssss sstttttt.... as sickening of an idea as Victor and Sharon "being together"
    In all honesty, didn't we all see Jack -&- Nikki Part 2 coming a mile away... from the very day he was shot at the church and Nikki was perpetually camped out in his hospital room for no good reason. She was with Victor at the time.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    Nikki and Jack marrying again is almost.... aaaaallllllllmmmmmmoooooosssss sstttttt.... as sickening of an idea as Victor and Sharon "being together"
    In all honesty, didn't we all see Jack -&- Nikki Part 2 coming a mile away... from the very day he was shot at the church and Nikki was perpetually camped out in his hospital room for no good reason. She was with Victor at the time.
    I don't like Jack with Nikki ( it always looks so forced)I dont find it sickening though. Victor and Sharon is more than ridiculous. OTOH who's left they haven't slept with ?
    -Andy Rooney-

I think that is the way it sickens me... recycling!
    Not the same way that Victor/Sharon sickens me. THAT makes my stomach queasy.

ETA: OMG if Phyllis one more time states "Baby, you know it's not me, I'm not this crazy, it's just the hormones", I'm gonna smack her. I mean, hello, hellzyeah she IS this crazy!
    Last edited by Marlena_M; 05-18-2012 at 03:31 PM.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Hmmm... they are dropping more than a few hints... methinks Noah is gay and this would explain his quickie un-discussed breakup with Eden in Paris.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Oh, Good Grief!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread