+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree474Likes

Thread: Young and the Restless

  1. #3071
    Anarchist AJane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Charming
    Posts
    9,357

    Re: Young and the Restless

    I loved the Jack/Adam/Diane plot. The new actress playing Diane is doing a great job.

    Very nice to see crazy Phyllis is back...and wow, now everyone hates her. Why did she want that baby so bad? She'll just be at the sitter with Summer all the time.

    I like this potential matchup of Jack & Genivieve. Genie Francis looks great. Heh, Laura & Scorpio reunited in soap opera land.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

  2. #3072
    as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,923

    Re: Young and the Restless

    I'm having trouble with Genie Francis / Genevieve and I can't figure out why. I've been a HUGE fan of Genie's since she first starred as Laura Webber on GH. I would rush home to watch General Hospital after school and I looooooved her. I think she's a tremendous actress and she did not let me down when she laid on the floor with all of Samantha's pictures and just sobbed at the loss of her daughter. I mean, Genie brought.it.home!!!!!!! That said, however, I can't decide if Genevieve is just horribly written or if Genie is overacting most of the time. She's so overlydramatic. Is she supposed to be so totally psycho or something? That's probably it, since I know it can't be Genie

    Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

  3. #3073
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,811

    Re: Young and the Restless

    Looks to me like she's supposed to be totally psychotic, having lost her daughter and hating her husband. I think she is playing crazy extremely well. This is really my introduction to the actress, since I was probably the only person in the country who did not watch General Hospital. I know the names "Luke and Laura", and that's as far as it goes. I think she's a fantastic addition to the cast. She's given them a much needed boost. I'm hoping it's a long ride!
    momrek06 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  4. #3074
    I <3 Megatron! football_chick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    In the end zone doing my touchdown dance
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: Young and the Restless

    I'm with you, Marlena_M. I'm just not feeling her character...at all! Even if she is supposed to be crazy I find her too dramatic. And I do not like pairing her up with Jack Abbot.

  5. #3075
    as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,923

    Re: Young and the Restless

    Quote Originally Posted by football_chick View Post
    I'm with you, Marlena_M. I'm just not feeling her character...at all! Even if she is supposed to be crazy I find her too dramatic. And I do not like pairing her up with Jack Abbot.
    Yeah Jack just did "crazy" with Patty/Emily.... I need my Jackie to be with someone NORMAL... or at least sane I really liked him best with Phyllis. Of course, I'd prefer he just finally come to his senses and be with me I've been all into Peter Bergman since he played Dr. Cliff Warner on All My Children starting back in 1979. Not that I was keeping track or anything

    Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

  6. #3076
    FORT Fogey momrek06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Orange County, California
    Posts
    4,503

    Re: Young and the Restless

    Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    Yeah Jack just did "crazy" with Patty/Emily.... I need my Jackie to be with someone NORMAL... or at least sane I really liked him best with Phyllis. Of course, I'd prefer he just finally come to his senses and be with me I've been all into Peter Bergman since he played Dr. Cliff Warner on All My Children starting back in 1979. Not that I was keeping track or anything
    BUT I like Jack sooo much better on Y&R, he was a wimpy MD on AMC. As far as Genie Francis, I am really liking her return to tv. I do like her crazy role as Genevieve. I did read somewhere that this is only a short term role.


    NOW, I am on other Y&R meesage boards and they are stating over there (but there was no link provided) that BILLY MILLER has penned a contract for another year with Y&R!!!!!!!!!!!!
    KAREN

  7. #3077
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,811

    Re: Young and the Restless

    Phyllis looks like a governess in a gothic mansion......ala Mrs. Danvers (who was not a governess, but a crazy housekeeper.) She has that dark and disturbed look.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  8. #3078
    Go Teams! inthegarden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,473

    Re: Young and the Restless

    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Looks to me like she's supposed to be totally psychotic, having lost her daughter and hating her husband. I think she is playing crazy extremely well. This is really my introduction to the actress, since I was probably the only person in the country who did not watch General Hospital. I know the names "Luke and Laura", and that's as far as it goes. I think she's a fantastic addition to the cast. She's given them a much needed boost. I'm hoping it's a long ride!
    Nope, you are not alone, I didn't watch General Hospital either.

    Genie Francis does play crazy well. Although, her hand movements are very distracting to me.

  9. #3079
    as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,923

    Re: Young and the Restless

    Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    BUT I like Jack sooo much better on Y&R, he was a wimpy MD on AMC. As far as Genie Francis, I am really liking her return to tv. I do like her crazy role as Genevieve. I did read somewhere that this is only a short term role.


    NOW, I am on other Y&R meesage boards and they are stating over there (but there was no link provided) that BILLY MILLER has penned a contract for another year with Y&R!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hey, I didn't say I liked Cliff Warner on AMC hahahahaha... for me it's strictly all about Peter Bergman
    momrek06 likes this.

    Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

  10. #3080
    FORT Fogey momrek06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Orange County, California
    Posts
    4,503

    Re: Young and the Restless

    Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    Hey, I didn't say I liked Cliff Warner on AMC hahahahaha... for me it's strictly all about Peter Bergman
    Ohhh, ITA!!!!
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.