+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree474Likes

Thread: Young and the Restless

Re: Young and the Restless

I loved the Jack/Adam/Diane plot. The new actress playing Diane is doing a great job.

Very nice to see crazy Phyllis is back...and wow, now everyone hates her. Why did she want that baby so bad? She'll just be at the sitter with Summer all the time.

I like this potential matchup of Jack & Genivieve. Genie Francis looks great. Heh, Laura & Scorpio reunited in soap opera land.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I'm having trouble with Genie Francis / Genevieve and I can't figure out why. I've been a HUGE fan of Genie's since she first starred as Laura Webber on GH. I would rush home to watch General Hospital after school and I looooooved her. I think she's a tremendous actress and she did not let me down when she laid on the floor with all of Samantha's pictures and just sobbed at the loss of her daughter. I mean, Genie brought.it.home!!!!!!! That said, however, I can't decide if Genevieve is just horribly written or if Genie is overacting most of the time. She's so overlydramatic. Is she supposed to be so totally psycho or something? That's probably it, since I know it can't be Genie

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Looks to me like she's supposed to be totally psychotic, having lost her daughter and hating her husband. I think she is playing crazy extremely well. This is really my introduction to the actress, since I was probably the only person in the country who did not watch General Hospital. I know the names "Luke and Laura", and that's as far as it goes. I think she's a fantastic addition to the cast. She's given them a much needed boost. I'm hoping it's a long ride!
    momrek06 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'm with you, Marlena_M. I'm just not feeling her character...at all! Even if she is supposed to be crazy I find her too dramatic. And I do not like pairing her up with Jack Abbot.

Quote Originally Posted by football_chick View Post
    I'm with you, Marlena_M. I'm just not feeling her character...at all! Even if she is supposed to be crazy I find her too dramatic. And I do not like pairing her up with Jack Abbot.
    Yeah Jack just did "crazy" with Patty/Emily.... I need my Jackie to be with someone NORMAL... or at least sane I really liked him best with Phyllis. Of course, I'd prefer he just finally come to his senses and be with me I've been all into Peter Bergman since he played Dr. Cliff Warner on All My Children starting back in 1979. Not that I was keeping track or anything

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    Yeah Jack just did "crazy" with Patty/Emily.... I need my Jackie to be with someone NORMAL... or at least sane I really liked him best with Phyllis. Of course, I'd prefer he just finally come to his senses and be with me I've been all into Peter Bergman since he played Dr. Cliff Warner on All My Children starting back in 1979. Not that I was keeping track or anything
    BUT I like Jack sooo much better on Y&R, he was a wimpy MD on AMC. As far as Genie Francis, I am really liking her return to tv. I do like her crazy role as Genevieve. I did read somewhere that this is only a short term role.

NOW, I am on other Y&R meesage boards and they are stating over there (but there was no link provided) that BILLY MILLER has penned a contract for another year with Y&R!!!!!!!!!!!!
    KAREN

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Phyllis looks like a governess in a gothic mansion......ala Mrs. Danvers (who was not a governess, but a crazy housekeeper.) She has that dark and disturbed look.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Looks to me like she's supposed to be totally psychotic, having lost her daughter and hating her husband. I think she is playing crazy extremely well. This is really my introduction to the actress, since I was probably the only person in the country who did not watch General Hospital. I know the names "Luke and Laura", and that's as far as it goes. I think she's a fantastic addition to the cast. She's given them a much needed boost. I'm hoping it's a long ride!
    Nope, you are not alone, I didn't watch General Hospital either.

Genie Francis does play crazy well. Although, her hand movements are very distracting to me.

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    BUT I like Jack sooo much better on Y&R, he was a wimpy MD on AMC. As far as Genie Francis, I am really liking her return to tv. I do like her crazy role as Genevieve. I did read somewhere that this is only a short term role.

NOW, I am on other Y&R meesage boards and they are stating over there (but there was no link provided) that BILLY MILLER has penned a contract for another year with Y&R!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hey, I didn't say I liked Cliff Warner on AMC hahahahaha... for me it's strictly all about Peter Bergman
    momrek06 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    Hey, I didn't say I liked Cliff Warner on AMC hahahahaha... for me it's strictly all about Peter Bergman
    Ohhh, ITA!!!!
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread