+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree474Likes

Thread: Young and the Restless

Re: Young and the Restless

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    In the beginning, Cane was Philip. Then he was Ghost Cane, then Caleb. Now Caleb is Cane and Cane has been Caleb all along. Uh, I think. For !*#&'s sake.
    LOL I know! I cant keep track! isnt Caleb now Cane or did I mess that

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Shay, did you see today's show? Apparently it's not that simple.
    I don't get the show until 4 pm, so I'm on hold, and now you've got my interest peaked!!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Cane, Caleb, Caleb, Cane. I'm over it already. And Lilli too. I remember on twitter Daniel (who plays Cane/Caleb) was trying to get the fans to put him back on, I guess this is how he's back? I stopped following him.

I find myself fast forwarding through most of it.

I do wish that Chloe was still with Chance.

Quote Originally Posted by VanJagSol View Post
    I liked those 2 together as well. I will miss "Chance".

I fast forwarded through all the flashbacks that Cane's mom was having. All I got from it was Caleb tried to shoot Cane, shot Samantha instead and now Momma Cane is pissed at her husband (ex-husband?).

Is that the jist of it? Did I miss anything important in the flashbacks?

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VanJagSol View Post
    Cane, Caleb, Caleb, Cane. I'm over it already. And Lilli too. I remember on twitter Daniel (who plays Cane/Caleb) was trying to get the fans to put him back on, I guess this is how he's back? I stopped following him.

I find myself fast forwarding through most of it.

Interesting because he's remained on payroll throughout the whole thing... he was never "not" on the show as far as that paycheck was concerned.

Have to add this... I'm not a fan of Crystal Khalil but she's been doing a really decent (for her) job of playing "OMG I"M LOSING MY MIND". But again, I'm not a fan just appreciating that she's not sucktastic

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Shay, did you see today's show? Apparently it's not that simple.
    OK, so "Caleb" was the person actually killed on the church steps, and Cane is the homocidal maniac. This is totally ridiculous. Then the "gentle", meek Cane was back at the end of the show.

Where have the signs of this homocidal maniac been for all of this time. I can't remember that mask slipping....not one time.....and now he's all ate up with wanting to kill.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Wait. Like I said, I fast forward a lot. Was it really Caleb that died and not Cane or are you all making that up?

Really? I swear he was asking folks to write & call CBS to keep him on on his Twitter. He even RT'd people's anger that he was let go.

You missed that in your fast-forwarding yesterday! Yes, it was revealed that it was Caleb who died.

Cane.....split personality much????? MPD!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    You missed that in your fast-forwarding yesterday! Yes, it was revealed that it was Caleb who died.

Cane.....split personality much????? MPD!
    Caleb is dead, I thought Cane was just acting like his brother( Caleb) so that his dad thinks he's Caleb and wont be suspicious.Okay I have confused myself now

You guys will find out more tomorrow how the whole "Caleb being dead" thing went down but what we know so far is Cane is not dead... Cane is paying Caleb to fool his father. Not sure why he was acting all crazy and mean with his mother. Maybe he is just frustrated being away from the twins?

Here's an article about his return:

Daniel Goddard | Inside TV | EW.com

The Fourth of July celebration came early for fans of The Young and the Restless star Daniel Goddard: On Tuesday, it was revealed that Goddard’s alter-ego Caleb is actually his twin brother Cane – the character that fans came to love before he was killed outside of his father’s wedding in February.

Confusing? Heck, yeah. But it should ultimately be good news for fans who were outraged at the Y&R writers for offing the beloved character in the first place. “What can I say?” Goddard told EW exclusively. “I was completely overwhelmed by the fans and all the things they did, all the love and support. I really appreciate my fan base and I love them very much.”

Here’s a quick recap for the uninitiated: After Cane was shot dead during the Feb. 2 episode, fans rallied around Goddard and showered CBS and Sony, which produces the sudser, with complaints. Within weeks, an about-face was crafted to bring Cane back as a ghost who “haunts” his poor grieving wife, Lily. (Hey, it’s a soap, people!). Only recently was it revealed that Cane was actually Caleb — a sociopathic twin brother who was helping his father Colin (Tristan Rogers) kidnap Cain’s twins and take them home to Australia.

Goddard ”takes the fifth” when asked why his character was killed off in the first place, though it appears it had little to do with his contract on TV’s No. 1 daytime drama. He acknowledges the convoluted nature of his return, though the actor admitted to EW that “chaos can lead to creativity. Amongst all of that, some wonderful twists and turns come into play and its somehow lent us great intrigue and mystery, which is great for the show.”

His only regret was not being able to play Caleb longer. “I just loved him. They wrote him on paper as a bad guy who is pure evil, but more cruel than calm. Caleb was a person who always wanted his dad to love him. What was interesting is that I didn’t know as the story developed when Caleb was Caleb and when he was Cane.”

Say again, man? ”I found out in the scripts,” Goddard admits, laughing. ”I had the feeling fans would be upset that Cane was really Caleb … Cane was Caleb pretending to be Cane who was really pretending to be Caleb… you know, I feel like Robert Downey Jr. in Tropic Thunder where he says, `I’m a dude, playing a dude, pretending to be a dude.’

“I kind of relinquished my quest to control,” the actor continued. “I’ve learned now to get the script, open the script, read the script, and to try to say it in a way where you give the script the service it deserves and hopefully along the way if you say something one week and it changes the next, the fans won’t hate you. They’ll understand that we are merely squirrels on the conveyor belt of where’s the nut.”

But Goddard’s not complaining. On the contrary, he says it’s been a great journey and it should be the same for viewers (they’ll get an explanation in the coming week about what actually happened at the wedding, and how his mother Genevieve, played by Genie Francis, played a role). “They figured out a very organic way to explain it, which is good, ” Goddard said. This was easy to roll with.”
    Side note: rumour is Y&R fired Daniel but Sony brought him back because fans went crazy. Sony - I need my eye candy

+ Reply to Thread