+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree459Likes

Thread: Young and the Restless

Re: Young and the Restless

Spoiler info on a possible returning character:

Click to see Spoiler:
    EW has learned exclusively that Darius McCrary – best known for playing Eddie Winslow on the long-running ABC sitcom Family Matters – has signed a multi-year deal to assume the role beginning Nov. 18. His debut will air on Dec. 29.

“We are thrilled to have the character of Malcolm back on Y&R,” according to a statement from Maria Bell, the drama’s co-executive producer/head writer. “Malcolm, Neil Winters’ brother, has always been a catalyst to exciting stories. He’s coming back to town to see his brother and to reunite with his biological daughter, Lily Winters, as she fights for her life. Malcolm is a photographer … someone who lives on the edge and who always pushes the envelope.”

NNNNNOOOOOO! This is terrible news... I want Shemar Moore back

I'm not happy about that at all. He doesn't fit in my mind what the character should be like.

New info on Ryder's mom
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I just read that Robin Mattson is supposed to play his mother.

Oh no! I can't stand the thought of
    Click to see Spoiler:
    anyone other than Shemar Moore as Malcolm.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've been trying to decide what is going on with Philip's hair. To me, it looks like a bad wig to the point where I find it distracting. The only thing that doesn't make sense with that theory is the sizeable bald spot. My theory on the wig is that he wears it to cover a cochlear implant, which would explain his speech impediment. He speaks a lot like people I know who have impaired hearing issues.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I have no idea what's going on with his hair either so I googled him to see if I could find something. Nothing re: the speech impediment but the poor guy has had horrible things happen in his family.

In 1989, Thom left his popular role of Philip on the number one daytime serial "Young and the Restless" to pursue big screen stardom, but a horrific tragedy occurred when his paranoid schizophrenic brother Troy killed their mother with a baseball bat. His brother is serving life in prison. His other brother Craig, in a deep depression, shot himself in 2000, at which time, Thom decided to come out as a gay man and share his experiences with the world--through his paintings, and through his autobiography "Forgiving Troy". He now travels the country painting live for various charities. To date he has helped raise over $100,000.00 for non profit organizations through his inspiring art.
    Last edited by football_chick; 11-21-2009 at 04:21 PM. Reason: added info

Didn't know he was gay in real life.

Unfortunately, I know more than one person whose paranoid schizophrenic sibling has killed their parents. That just goes to show you, you never really know who's just "walking around" out there.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

The other day, while watching Y&R, Nick took off his shirt, and I noticed how "soft" he's gotten in the ol' breadbasket. I remembered how gorgeously CUT his abs used to be.

How long will it be before they "christen" the new sofa????

eeewwwwww-eeeewwwww-eeeeeewwwwww!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread