+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree458Likes

Thread: Young and the Restless

Re: Young and the Restless

I was just watching Escape from the Planet of the Apes with a very young Eric Braeden (1971, he was around 30) and thinking how funny it was when he joined the show in the 70s, I was in my teens and thought he was so old - but now, in the movie he looked so young, lol.

I also remember Phyllis from when she joined the show as an evil homewrecker / summer storyline character who broke up Cricket and Danny, and am amazed they rehabilitated her into one of the main characters.

I was trying to find a picture of a young Eric Braeden and stumbled upon this:
    In late December 1991, Braeden and Peter Bergman had a physical altercation backstage. According to press reports,after exchanging bitter words on the set, Braeden showed up at Bergman's dressing room door to further discuss the matter and violence ensued. Since then, the actors have resolved their differences and now enjoy a cordial relationship.
    Wow...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Men.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;3540216;
    I also remember Phyllis from when she joined the show as an evil homewrecker / summer storyline character who broke up Cricket and Danny, and am amazed they rehabilitated her into one of the main characters.
    Ah, but she remains evil at the core. Proof you can't turn a ho into a housewife. Mind you, Lauren has really morphed into a goody two-shoes, and she sure didn't start out that way...
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

MJ/Patti's mental issues were in warp mode today, weren't they?

Every time I see little Summer in that hospital bed I want to fix the pillows or lower the top of the bed down a bit. She looks so uncomfortable, as if her chin is resting on her chest.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Patti/Mary Jane has to be Sheila's psychiatric twin. I must have stopped watching the show when she was on it, because I don't remember any of the events surrounding her and Jack.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3540792;
    Ah, but she remains evil at the core. Proof you can't turn a ho into a housewife. Mind you, Lauren has really morphed into a goody two-shoes, and she sure didn't start out that way...
    OMG! That is the hilarious! I have to steal that.
    Phyllis Newman.....Proof you can't turn a ho into a housewife.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3540792;
    I remember her from "back in the day" too - I used to admire her spunk compared to "goody-two-shoes" Cricket. Too bad of all the things I've seen on TV over the years have my brain cells have decided to recall Lauren doing aerobics to that 80s song that goes "Everybody Wang Chung Tonight"? [Shudder - the use of that tune on the show was even more of an abomination than the party where Nicki decides to cheat with Jack to the tune of "C'mon, Everybody, Gonna Do the Conga"] So much bad pop culture [lack of] style back then!

I just watched yesterday's episode. As I hoped but really knew Phillip would walk in, I still got chills. I'm so glad that they finally know about Cane.

I don't like Mac and Billy together at all. Mostly because I wanted her to be with Raul and him to come back. I think Chloe and Billy are a better match.

I missed so much of this show lately. Do we know who Cane really is or why Phillip faked his death?

+ Reply to Thread